Missing survivors?

sourjellybaby

I have completed the stocking up of supplies in the community hall and rescued one of the survivors.  However, the other 2 survivors are now not showing on my map.  When I did visit survivor 2 thanks to an online screenshot, the camp fire was there but no survivor.  Anyone know what is going on with this?

17 hours ago, sourjellybaby said:

I have completed the stocking up of supplies in the community hall and rescued one of the survivors.  However, the other 2 survivors are now not showing on my map.  When I did visit survivor 2 thanks to an online screenshot, the camp fire was there but no survivor.  Anyone know what is going on with this?

Maybe you visited the same one twice, and didn't recognize it because you approached from a different angle?  Try firing the flare pistol into the sky.  If you don't get a response, that survivor is already rescued.

Another thing to check... see if you can talk to any of the other survivors laying on beds in the Community Hall. The ones who told you to find someone, and you came back from the plane crash w/o ID's to give back... may re-trigger the quest? (Not sure, didn't have this issue in my 2 playthroughs so far, and haven't gotten this far yet in my third playthrough yet.) Will Father Tom talk to you? (yes, grasping at straws here...)

7 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Maybe you visited the same one twice, and didn't recognize it because you approached from a different angle?  Try firing the flare pistol into the sky.  If you don't get a response, that survivor is already rescued.

Definately not the survivor previously visited and I did fire a flare.  Got a response flare back to lead me to the fire with no one there.  Methinks it's a bug

1 hour ago, sourjellybaby said:
On 12/22/2019 at 7:10 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

Or it could be a missing or corrupted file. What platform are you playing on?

PC

Steam? GoG? XBox One-Windows 10 Play anywhere? Windows, Mac, Linux?

I ask because Steam has game file integrity verification built into Steam Client, that will check for missing or corrupted files, and download/re-install any that are needed. Steam will verify the game files, and the redistributables. GoG file integrity check only tells you if any files are missing or corrupted, but will not repair or replace them IIRC. 

Have you filed a bug report on the official Hinterland Support Portal yet? (This forum is more of a players-helping-players thing, not a direct line to Hinterland Tech Support, the Support Portal is a direct line to them, your report will be automatically sent to their bug report database.)

On 12/21/2019 at 2:00 PM, sourjellybaby said:

Please contact our Support Team at thelongdark.com/support.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Steam? GoG? XBox One-Windows 10 Play anywhere? Windows, Mac, Linux?

I ask because Steam has game file integrity verification built into Steam Client, that will check for missing or corrupted files, and download/re-install any that are needed. Steam will verify the game files, and the redistributables. GoG file integrity check only tells you if any files are missing or corrupted, but will not repair or replace them IIRC. 

Have you filed a bug report on the official Hinterland Support Portal yet? (This forum is more of a players-helping-players thing, not a direct line to Hinterland Tech Support, the Support Portal is a direct line to them, your report will be automatically sent to their bug report database.)

On Steam.  Will do as you suggest.  Thanks for your help

• 1 year later...

I encountered this same issue. And I think I located the problem from some other forum online - When you bring the survivors back to the community center, there are beds you are supposed to lay them on. The beds are most likely the trigger for quest completion. 

I didn't see the beds initially, so one of my survivors is just on the floor. 

The problem is, you can't pick them up again. So all three are in the community center, but only two beds are full and now I am stuck.

I can't progress until this is fixed. I have no previous save files to go back to. Is there anything that can be done??