Smiley

New year resolutions!

Hello!

I'm starting this topic since I plan on starting with mine earlier as a friend of mine told me to do.

The reason I'm making this post is to get the people to talk about themselves and their aspirations, alongside with getting to know you.

What new year resolutions do you plan on setting yourself and which ones do you think are the most difficult to pull off?

I'll start:

• Get into photography way more, learn composition, get a decent camera etc.
  • I've been putting this off for about half a year now, but I want to learn to draw. I feel like it's something I could do as an escape from the real world and it could benefit me mentally.
  • Lose weight. That's the most generic one haha. I slipped ever since last Christmas' dinner table, I need to make sure it doesn't happen again this year.
  • Burn through the backlog of games that I have. Outside of TLD, I have about 60 games in my Steam library that I have to finish, alongside with few more on other platforms.
  • Learn programming. I just find this skill to be really useful, either as a potential to find work or to create dumb projects, which I already love doing.

I don't honestly know how to even format this post since it already feels like wack, but I'll list how difficult do I feel each of those aspirations in the list are for me, in the same order.

• This one is easy since I research it constantly.
  • Kind of iffy, reason being is that I find it hard to stick to new things since I don't have that drive yet. External motivators are what help me the most.
  • This one is a mixed bag, since I can easily get into workout schedule and eating healthier, I just keep forgetting about the workout and usually remember when I'm about to go to bed.
  • Technically the easiest if my bf didn't slide in few horror games to the list.
  • Same deal as drawing, I need something or someone to make me actually do it.

I'm looking forward to see what you people are planning ahead!

Generally I don't make resolutions, because it doesn't work, or if it does, it's temporary and soon enough I revert back to usual patterns, along with most other people.

You may be the exception though, so good luck!

• Upvote 1

On 12/23/2019 at 7:40 AM, diggity said:

Generally I don't make resolutions, because it doesn't work, or if it does, it's temporary and soon enough I revert back to usual patterns, along with most other people.

You may be the exception though, so good luck!

I'm generally the same but it doesn't hurt to try and I do recommend you to give it a shot as well, thank you though!

Just don't put that much on your list, objectives are fine when you can achieve them.

Photography + Drawing + Programming ... is this a 15 years plan or are your day 48h long?

Photography is scalable as you can get involved as you see fit. A few basics will rapidely improve your pictures and you can get deeper when you want.

But drawing and programming are very demanding in order to get a result.

The good point is that if you do engage those activities simultaneously, you won't have time to eat, so take the weight loss as granted 😉

• Upvote 1

@JMKYou're right about me having too many goals in my list.

I'm enrolled in school again, thus I have even less time for other stuff, I do photography before and after school hours though.

I've sorta neglected drawing and programming right now because of how much I have to do on daily basis, though I might be able to make at least an hour for those as well if only I managed my time better.