The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.69 [57923]

Admin

I hate to say, but I didn't realise the reishi/rosehip tea thirst was a bug. I mean, I see their use in interloper (which I haven't managed to live more than 28 hours), but outside of interloper they're useless. I thought it was some feature to make that useful for us lesser-challenged-prefered folks.

3 hours ago, Asinine said:

I hate to say, but I didn't realise the reishi/rosehip tea thirst was a bug. I mean, I see their use in interloper (which I haven't managed to live more than 28 hours), but outside of interloper they're useless. I thought it was some feature to make that useful for us lesser-challenged-prefered folks.

They are useful in other experience modes. They quench thirst well (again/now that the bug is fixed), give 100 calories each cup, and a warmth bonus for 2 hours if warmed or cooked before drinking. And they have medicinal properties if used as a medical treatment for food poisoning or pain. They're plenty good in other modes. 

12 hours ago, Asinine said:

I play a lot at lesser-challenged difficulties and I find the teas very useful.  I drink a lot of the rosehip teas to quickly get rid of pain from sprains (which I get a lot of since I travel encumbered with all the loot that's available at those easier levels).  As mentioned, they do now again quench thirst and they provide calories... and they are much lighter to carry than the sodas you find or even water and the equivalent calories in food.  You can still get food poisoning in Pilgrim mode and, if you're really wanting it, just eat some raw meat... and then you can use those built up Reshi Teas to get a full 10-hours worth of sleep (just in case you've flipped to day/night cycle and want to get it back on track.  If you're going for a lot of days survived, then most of the antibiotics and pain killers you'll find will be in very low condition or have disappeared from the medicine cabinets in the world in your later zones you visit.  The reshi mushrooms and rosehips, however, don't deteriorate regardless of whether they are still on the bush/stump or stored in a container at your base or made already into teas.

Hey all! New to The Long Dark and have absolutely loved it. However, this is the most broken game I have ever played on PS4 in my life. I am completely stuck on episode 1 because the game crashes constantly. I’ve scoured this forum for others having this issue and it seems there are others but they are few and far between. It’s completely unplayable as of now, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Happy New Years to all!

42 minutes ago, ggtwnt18 said:

Hey all! New to The Long Dark and have absolutely loved it. However, this is the most broken game I have ever played on PS4 in my life. I am completely stuck on episode 1 because the game crashes constantly. I’ve scoured this forum for others having this issue and it seems there are others but they are few and far between. It’s completely unplayable as of now, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Happy New Years to all!

Check the Technical Discussions subforum, and if there is no fix or suggestions listed there, file a formal bug report on the Support Portal:

Hinterland Support Portal

Keep in mind Hinterland is still on Holiday Break, so the Tech Team response time may be slower than usual.

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic