The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.69 [57923]

Admin

We’ve released our v1.69 Hotfix for Errant Pilgrim. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

If you have any other questions or are just curious to know more about the game, please also consider joining our weekly Milton Mailbag Q&A.

CHANGELIST v1.69 [57923]

GENERAL ART FIXES

• [Enviro] All Regions - Fixed numerous areas where the Player could become stuck.
  • [Enviro] All Regions - Additional pass for locations where the Player could get outside of the intended play area.
  • [Enviro] All Regions - Fixed various clipping and floating objects.
  • [Enviro] Fixed unreachable Revolver that would spawn in the Workshop.
  • [Lighting] Light sources no longer appear overly bright when multiple lights are active.

UI

• [UI] Updated missing subtitles for inspection comments, when playing as a male Survivor. 
  • [UI] Added missing Map icons in the Bleak Inlet region.
  • [UI] Fixed Custom Mode setting for revolver availability when using Interloper as a base.
  • [UI] The Buff notification will now move out of view when aiming.
  • [UI] Fixed the colour of help text when hovering your cursor over heated items.

GAMEPLAY

• [AI] Timberwolves will no longer freeze in place if they try to attack a target they can’t pathfind to.
  • [AI] Wildlife will no longer attempt to dodge the Player, when they are far away from the Player. 
  • [AI] Added check to prevent Predators from attacking players through Fishing Hut walls and closed doors.
  • [Animation] Pass on Timberwolves to fix numerous animation pops and hitches.
  • [Audio] When joining a pack, Timberwolf howls are no longer cut off or repeated.
  • [Challenges] Challenge Mastery now awarded as soon as it’s earned. 
  • [Gameplay] Improved collision detection between thrown objects and wildlife.
  • [Gameplay] Fixed an issue that would cause Fishing Hut doors to swing further than intended. 
  • [Gameplay] Fixed an issue that caused the Flashlight to turn on before the Aurora was fully active.
  • [Gameplay] Fixed an issue that caused arrows to become non-interactable, if the arrow deflected off an object or animal after being fired, and the Player reloaded or transitioned to a new area.
  • [Gameplay] Players will no longer get stuck after entering a pre-placed Snow Shelter.
  • [Gameplay] Pre-placed Snow Shelters no longer disappear upon reloading a save.
  • [Gameplay] The Gunpowder Can will no longer refill, when loading to a new area.
  • [Gameplay] Rosehip Tea and Reishi Tea now replenishes the correct amount of thirst, when drank.
  • [Gameplay] Increased amount of Gunpowder used, when using it as an accelerant, from 0.01 to 0.1.
  • [Gameplay] Medical Locker in Bleak Inlet’s Radio Tower no longer needs Bolt Cutters.
  • [Gameplay] Fixed non-interactive Workbench found in the cannery. It is now usable.

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 6
  • Like 1

Thanks for the quick fixes Hinterland. 

Always appreciated, but more so now, while you folks are still working hard, while many of us are already on Holiday break, resting, and spending time with family and friends. Here's hoping you all get to take your much deserved holiday vacations soon as well,.

Wishing everyone at Hinterland, and in the TLD Community a peaceful, relaxing, joyous Holiday Season, whatever holiday(s) you celebrate. 

And Mother Nature says "Hello"... it just started snowing here, and emergency alerts coming across my cell phone, for snow squalls and whiteout conditions. Appropriate timing, lol.

Edited by ThePancakeLady
  • Like 2

I'm wondering did you guys fix non-spawning cartridges and firearm cleaning kits in Custom mode(when baseline resource availability is set to "Low" but rifle/revolver is enabled)? I'm asking because not all changes are included in patch notes for some reason. 

Edited by Hestonworld
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hestonworld said:

You can use Custom mode for this. 

But no feats can be achieved then.

Well I dont really understand it, as any custom difficulty is still harder than pilgrim - and on pilgrim achievements and feats are counting.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Arran said:

Small price to pay if you want to tweak the experience to suit ones desired effect.
As an alternative, we could always just "get rid of" excess rounds if you just want to have a specifically limited supply.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
To answer your other question, it's possible to create an experience even easier than pilgrim with custom settings.

Edited by ManicManiac

22 minutes ago, Arran said:

Well I dont really understand it, as any custom difficulty is still harder than pilgrim - and on pilgrim achievements and feats are counting.

I agree and don't see a reason for this. I've already unlocked all feats I need(Cold Fusion and Efficient Machine) so it's no problem for me. 

Btw you can make Custom mode much more easier than Pilgrim.

Edited by Hestonworld

Thanks in particular for the Workbench in Bleak Inlet and continuing to tinker with the lighting contrast in the game (my old eyes really have appreciated the easing of the strain on them you've done since I first mentioned having a problem with it).

BTW, it's one hour since you posted these notes and Xbox is already updating.  Whatever you've done to get into Microsoft's good graces like this... big thumbs up!  (Unless what I'm getting now is 1.68 since the last update I had was 1.67... won't know until after this 4.2 gig download finishes).

Edited by UpUpAway95

10 hours ago, Arran said:

I am just glad I don't want to use any feats so that doesn't bother me. Sucks for other people though.

12 hours ago, Arran said:

Maybe the custom games you create are harder than Pilgrim, but if Feats were possible to unlock in Custom, many people would just make a game, set it up as easy as possible, and grind out all the feats in a short amount of time..which is not really a Feat at all. I've lost all my feats and badges, and although still able to access some of them though older save game...it still sucks cos I achieved all of them...even both years' 4DON badges are gone. 

2 hours ago, Lohaan said:

Maybe the custom games you create are harder than Pilgrim, but if Feats were possible to unlock in Custom, many people would just make a game, set it up as easy as possible, and grind out all the feats in a short amount of time..which is not really a Feat at all. I've lost all my feats and badges, and although still able to access some of them though older save game...it still sucks cos I achieved all of them...even both years' 4DON badges are gone. 

Got news for you... they are already grinding them out in the shortest possible time in PIlgrim.  Even though you can create an easier game than Pilgrim in Custom, it is not easier to grind out the feats nor is it any less time consuming.  Once you take the wolves and aggressive animals out of the picture and have lots of resources (which Pilgrim does), it just doesn't get any easier to, say, light 1,000 fires, or drink 250 coffees, etc.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Got news for you... they are already grinding them out in the shortest possible time in PIlgrim.  Even though you can create an easier game than Pilgrim in Custom, it is not easier to grind out the feats nor is it any less time consuming.  Once you take the wolves and aggressive animals out of the picture and have lots of resources (which Pilgrim does), it just doesn't get any easier to, say, light 1,000 fires, or drink 250 coffees, etc.

I had Efficient Machine and Cold Fusion almost unlocked through Interloper and then grinded the last ~20-25% in Pilgrim very fast. So I agree with you, no need in removing feats achieving in Custom mode. 

Edited by Hestonworld

15 minutes ago, Hestonworld said:

I had Efficient Machine and Cold Fusion almost unlocked through Interloper and then grinded the last ~20-25% in Pilgrim very fast. So I agree with you, no need in removing feats achieving in Custom mode. 

I also wanted to add that it is actually counter productive to prevent people from getting them in a custom mode because people who prefer to play a custom game that they enjoy are creating "throw away" Pilgrim characters just to get feats; whereas, they might be more inclined to get them while actually playing the game if they were allowed to do it in the custom mode they actually enjoy instead.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I also wanted to add that it is actually counter productive to prevent people from getting them in a custom mode because people who prefer to play a custom game that they enjoy are creating "throw away" Pilgrim characters just to get feats; whereas, they might be more inclined to get them while actually playing the game if they were allowed to do it in the custom mode they actually enjoy instead.

Yep, I'd probably create a custom game with settings harder than in Interloper but added firearms if I needed to unlock feats and was able to do this is Custom mode. 

I tend to agree with Hinterland that feats should not be earned through custom settings, I think the team made the right decision when they implemented that.  I know some of folks here don't agree, and I'm not interested in having the same tired debate (so if you start, I'm not going to engage)...

It's likely that there are those who don't want to be forced to hassle with custom settings, just as there are those who enjoy using the custom settings exclusively.  I say folks should be able to choose the experience in any of the ways that Hinterland has so kindly provided.  I say we let folks play how they want to within the parameters Hinterland sets for their game.

I don't think it's right for folks to try and make declarative statements when in reality they are just speaking on their subjective opinions.  (for folks who don't know what I'm talking about, never mind... I've tried explaining it to far too many folks to even want to try to do so again ¬¬)

:coffee::fire:
but folks here have had that conversation with me before... however, since it's spread to this thread as well, I'm summarizing my previous thoughts on it.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:33 PM, ManicManiac said:

Where I tend to take issue is when folks want to change everyone's experience just to better suit their personal gameplay preferences.  In my opinion, this is not okay.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:40 PM, ManicManiac said:

*What I'm talking about here is not referencing any particular post in this thread... this is more of an overall explanation of why and when I take the stances that I do.*

In my opinion too many people get hung up on convincing themselves that their opinions are objective truths and that they are right in whatever statement they are making (which of course objectively is not the case - opinions are subjective in their very nature).  The general idea of my comment was meant to convey that if we accept the game for what its... then our discussion about what we think the game 'could' be would be much less infused with people's personal emotional baggage :D 

The moment people start tossing around their opinion like they know better than Hinterland what's going to be best for Hinterland's game... that's when I tend to perk up.  Again I think it's great to talk about ideas folks have for this game... but I don't think people should make declarative statements when they are expressing very subjective points of view.  I think people also need to remember that when they post on a forum they are inviting discussion.  They shouldn't be surprised when people comment on their ideas.  Nor should they expect everyone to rally around their idea and praise it as "...the way, and the light..." but some folks here act like that.  They get genuinely upset if folks dare to not "take their side." 

The short version is:  I'm all for the sharing of ideas, but I think people need to stop getting bent around the axel over their opinions.  I think people would be happier if they accepted the game as is... and then talk about things whey would like to see change (instead of clamoring for change just because they are personally frustrated or don't like a certain aspect).  That difference in attitude changes the perspective and tone.  Instead of coming from an over inflated sense of entitlement, it becomes actual constructive feedback/criticism.

Edited by ManicManiac

Thanks Raph and the team, for continuing to exceed expectations of just how good a developer can be.

Hope you all enjoy a well earned rest over the holiday season, and I will indeed be spending a good amount of time within your masterwork. 😄

Bleak Inlet and Errant Pilgrim have been a superb addition in my opinion, upping the risk-reward stakes for players who dare, and adding significant character to the game world in the process. 

Great vision, great delivery. You got it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Serenity said:

You never have an opinion of your own. Which in of itself isn't a problem. The problem is that you pick fights with people who dare to think that something should be done differently

This is the kind of baiting, that I was talking about :D...  These are my opinions.  I think you're being very presumptuous here, and I'm not going to engage with that... but I will clarify one point: Having an opinion that differs from yours (or anyone else's) is not picking a fight.  I just provide another point of view to counter balance points of view I don't agree with.

:coffee::fire:
This is as far as I'm going to entertain your comments on your "perception" of why and on what I comment on. :D

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1