Auto Walk Key

AnActualDuck

A way to toggle walking on and off with a key. And I don't mean between running and walking, I mean walking and standing still. It's a simple feature that would make trudging along with an overloaded inventory a little less annoying if I could toggle walk instead of holding down W. The Elder Scrolls series inspired my desire for this.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

What surprises me is that this subject has been discussed several times over the years yet nothing has be done about it.  While I do not expect Hinterland to comply with every wish and complaint surely this would be a relatively simple fix.  Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps adding or changing a keystroke is complex bit of work.

• Upvote 2

Guest jeffpeng
1 hour ago, peteloud said:

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps adding or changing a keystroke is complex bit of work.

No it's not. They could implement it if they wanted, probably in mere hours of work. Coding isn't magic, especially not in Unity. But they don't want to. Why .... eludes me. I've got a mousebutton to walk forward so my left hand middle finger can get some rest. Done it with some Unix magic on Linux, and currently X-Mouse-Button Control on Windoze.

As of now, those with the steam version can "Auto walk" by holding "w" as they open the steam overlay, release "w" and then close the steam overlay.

If Auto walk gets added, I'd like the ability to turn my head independent of my body along with it. Being stuck looking straight forwards as you auto walk makes it hard to watch for predators or drink in the pretty sights.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
5 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I think it has not been done to prevent people from accidentally walking their character off a cliff.

That was my favorite part of WoW -.- 

• 2 weeks later...