Bleak Inlet cannery workshop - find the fabled shortcut?

monsieur_cronky

11 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Here is the Tweet where he specifically states there is a clue in the update video (I'm DamianMcAnders on Twitter)

But does he specifically state that there's an unlockable shortcut to access the workshop after you've navigated the obstacle course?  Everything they've said so far seems to point to the rope climb leading down from the radio tower, and there is indeed a clue to that in the video.  (The rope hanging on the outside of the lookout tower.)

1 minute ago, ajb1978 said:

But does he specifically state that there's an unlockable shortcut to access the workshop after you've navigated the obstacle course?  Everything they've said so far seems to point to the rope climb leading down from the radio tower, and there is indeed a clue to that in the video.  (The rope hanging on the outside of the lookout tower.)

Yes we're talking about the Cannery...I made sure to clarify that with him.

Also:

The last shot from the Cannery....in the Reveal video the Survivor is walking directly towards this building.

That makes sense...as a shortcut in this building will bypass all of the climbing the first rope...and everything between that and this building.

Is_the_Shortcut_in_the_Cannery_through_here.png

12 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Yes we're talking about the Cannery...I made sure to clarify that with him.

Again, that's not the workshop specifically.  The Cannery is the entire complex consisting of multiple buildings.  Sorry just with how much time I've dedicated to poking around the Cannery, I'm just not sold that there's any sort of shortcut to the Workshop specifically.

1 minute ago, ajb1978 said:

Again, that's not the workshop specifically.  The Cannery is the entire complex consisting of multiple buildings.  Sorry just with how much time I've dedicated to poking around the Cannery, I'm just not sold that there's any sort of shortcut to the Workshop specifically.

That's my whole point.

That is not the Workshop the survivor is walking towards...but it is a building located after the vast majority of the platforming to get back to the Workshop.

Therefore it would be a shortcut to the Workshop because it cuts out a lot of dangerous platforming and probably around 30 or so in game minutes passing...(since it's approximately 1 minute every 3 seconds or so).

Heading in after dinner...we'll see what we can do.

Finding the gorram shortcut almost cost me my 56-day survivor game (and after using dozens of charcoal pieces to map all Bleak Inlet, I was getting aggravated), because he fell down inside the building closer to the pier (the one with the hook hanging in the middle), and he fell in such a way that he got stuck in a hole on the floor. Since he injured himself in the fall, the game saved the state right there, of course. Grrr. Luckily, after 5 game reloads, I managed to move him to the left just enough that he got unstuck. Whew!

10 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

That is not the Workshop the survivor is walking towards...but it is a building located after the vast majority of the platforming to get back to the Workshop.

The fact that the survivor is walking towards that specific building doesn't mean that is a shortcut to the Workshop specifically.  I mean I found a climbing rope in that building, which fits the bill of being a clue in the context of the "shortcut" being a way down from the Lookout.  Nothing I've seen indicates a shortcut to the Workshop specifically, and I've Spider-Manned alllllll over this place six ways 'til Tuesday looking for one.

8 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

The fact that the survivor is walking towards that specific building doesn't mean that is a shortcut to the Workshop specifically.  I mean I found a climbing rope in that building, which fits the bill of being a clue in the context of the "shortcut" being a way down from the Lookout.  Nothing I've seen indicates a shortcut to the Workshop specifically, and I've Spider-Manned alllllll over this place six ways 'til Tuesday looking for one.

Me too.

But since Raph made it clear to me that it's a shortcut beside the one to connect upper and lower Bleak Inlet- and we were both on the same page of it being a shortcut back to the Workshop...then I'm going to keep looking myself until the cows come home.

And since he specifically stated in context that it was about a shortcut in the Cannery to make getting back to the Workshop easier...the only hint is the one I shared the screen grab of- since the rest of the shots in the Cannery are beauty shots...and not ones showing movement of the character towards a specific area of the Cannery that is not related to the regular route to get to the first placed rope leading to the first long route to the Workshop.

Also when I responded that i had had a rope spawn in the Workshop itself so that points to there being another use for a rope OTHER than joining Upper and Lower Bleak Inlet...he hearted that response.

Edited by RossBondReturns
To add further details on the Tweets

I've decided that unless compelling evidence is presented to the contrary, this is a massive misunderstanding and no such shortcut exists.  I'm officially abandoning the search, because...frankly I think it's a unicorn hunt.  Good luck to those of you who choose to persist.  May the odds be ever in your favor.

5 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I did another sweep of the area and found a rather interesting outdoor office I had somehow missed the first 2,037,837.7 passes through the area however, right around the corner from that first rope climb.  Makes for a much nicer "wait for an aurora" spot than the truck in the center of the yard, that's for sure.

Yeah, I found that my second time in BI. Nice little area, some decent loot there. 

I found an improvised hatchet, laying on the base of the pegboard in there, by the metal handcart.

1 minute ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Yeah, I found that my second time in BI. Nice little area, some decent loot there. 

Nice if you get there in time.  I found Improvised Food Poisoning, on account of the fact I'm pushing day 500 and there was some food laying around that had gone bad by the time I found it.

6 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I've decided that unless compelling evidence is presented to the contrary, this is a massive misunderstanding and no such shortcut exists.  I'm officially abandoning the search, because...frankly I think it's a unicorn hunt.  Good luck to those of you who choose to persist.  May the odds be ever in your favor.

I agree with you.  I have had three or four trips to Bleak Inlet and around the cannery, concentrating on the workshop and failed to find or create a shortcut. 

A while back I read a comment which referred to a hidden area in BI.  I can't find the comment now, does anyone have more info.?  I have searched all of BI, at least I think I have, and not found anything which I regard as hidden away or secretive. The only places I didn't investigate were a few side tunnels in the cave between BI and FM. I assumed that they were just the usual side tunnels that were dead ends or returned to the main route

I am surprised that you and another did not find the room around the corner from the the rope climb in you first visit.  I found it first visit and did not think of it hidden away or anything unusual.  It is great for resources and cooking but can be very cold in there.

I am now about to give up with TLD until the timberwolves are revised.and updated.  I can't be bothered with the hassle of fighting them.

3 hours ago, peteloud said:

I am now about to give up with TLD until the timberwolves are revised.and updated.  I can't be bothered with the hassle of fighting them.

Well they're only in one region, so that hassle is easily avoided by not visiting that region.  If they are added to the rest of the regions in their current state, well...that would be different.

Here's the full context of the Cannery Shortcut twitter conversation so there is no more misunderstanding:

https://twitter.com/DakotaLDE/status/1205178148985303040

https://twitter.com/DakotaLDE/status/1205178167566065664

https://twitter.com/DakotaLDE/status/1205178895806287872

https://twitter.com/RaphLife/status/1205498007984263168

https://twitter.com/DakotaLDE/status/1205527167959875584

https://twitter.com/DamianMcAnders/status/1206003277285842945

https://twitter.com/DakotaLDE/status/1206063362439729153

https://twitter.com/RaphLife/status/1206138441735507969

https://twitter.com/DamianMcAnders/status/1206240914332508166

Clearly both DakotaLDE and Myself (when I Join) are talking about the Cannery...not the obvious joining of upper and lower Bleak Inlet. It is clear when Raph responds to DakotaLDE that he understands that...he then drops a hint to both of us that there is a hint to the shortcut in the trailer itself.

I'm now going to ask for further Clarification from Raph...(either by continuing this Conversation or starting another) that we're really, truly on the same page to make it absolutely 100 percent certain.

I sent Raph this message on Twitter 4 days ago

@RaphLife Really enjoying Bleak Inlet and the Errant Pilgrim update 👍. Just wondering... is there an easier way to get in the cannery without the long parkour route over the planks and trailers etc every time ?

No response so far....

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Murpharoo said:

@RaphLife Really enjoying Bleak Inlet and the Errant Pilgrim update 👍. Just wondering... is there an easier way to get in the cannery without the long parkour route over the planks and trailers etc every time ?

No response so far....

And I just sent him this...

18 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Well ordinarily no but in this region it would make sense, since it's impossible to run the course without catching the attention of the wolves in the area.  So unless you deal with them ahead of time, you'll end up having to deal with them after you leave the workshop, unless you're willing to completely wait them out.  Putting a back way in would allow you the option of slinking in undetected, and making your way back out without a confrontation.

The pack did follow me to the pier.  After I was done, I picked them off from the safety of the pier.

If the shortcut was located in the cannery proper, you would still need to deal with the TWs to reach the fabled shortcut, no?

5 hours ago, Murpharoo said:

No response so far....

Hinterland is on Holiday Break. He's not been very active on Twitter for a bout a week. Holiday time away with his family and friends, I am sure.  And if the question has already been answered in another Twitter thread, he isn't likely to answer it again. 

4 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

The pack did follow me to the pier.  After I was done, I picked them off from the safety of the pier.

If the shortcut was located in the cannery proper, you would still need to deal with the TWs to reach the fabled shortcut, no?

If it were within the perimeter of the fenced-in area yeah, that would be borderline useless.  But on the other hand if it were a climbing rope that takes you directly to that segregated area of pier that the wolves can't reach, that would make more sense.  You could either sneak your way in and out, or charge in fast and loud and just wait out the aggression indoors.