Cairns and their stories

Timmytwothumbs

Just a thought, maybe we can find some way to give these Cairns some stories already. Many of them have no story and it's really unfortunate. Either the hinterland team could do it or they could leave it to the fans again but this time with a goal of making sure no cairns are left behind. Who's with me?

Edited by Timmytwothumbs
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Timmytwothumbs said:

Just a thought, maybe we can find some way to give these Cairns some stories already. Many of them have no story and it's really unfortunate. Either the hinterland team could do it or they could leave it to the fans again but this time with a goal of making sure no cairns are left behind. Who's with me?

The cairns are a reward for the initial backers on Kickstarter so many years ago. Hinterland tried to contact their backers to let them fill in the information, but they were unable to reach some of them; their cairns remain as the 'lost cairns'. At this point, it's unlikely that many more will be named, but you never know.

At this point I think it would be fair if Hinterland put out a "last call" to the initial Kickstarter backers with a set deadline. Any cairns unclaimed after the deadline could be opened up to current players.  Maybe a mini-game/quest within the next 4DON to earn a cairn?

Are there any cairns in Bleak Inlet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...