Wolf Deer Kill Disappearing?

killDCat

Been awhile since I played TLD, and wow it's come a long way.

Short question on Wolf Deer Kill. A couple of times now the Deer have disappeared after a wolf kill. One time I went off to safe distance while the wolf ate the deer, chopped wood for a bit and when I went back the deer carcass was gone. Another time I chased a deer into a wolf, and went back to the cabin for an hour - same thing - the carcass was gone.

Is this expected? Previously the carcass would remain. 

Edit: Killed a wolf also with a knife, it collapsed on a nearby slope - it dissapeared as I got close to it, just feet away. Seems to be a bug.

Edited by killDCat

I've noticed animals sinking into the snow, too.  Usually, in those cases, going indoors (or somewhere with a loading screen) and coming back brought the carcass back to the top of the snow.  There was an item in one of the recent updates about animals falling into the snow, but maybe it's not quite fixed.

I had a similar issue on flat ice yesterday.  I killed a wolf on the ice in Desolation Point, retrieved my arrow and left the carcass there.  Came back out the next day to harvest the wolf and it wasn't visible.  Crows were circling the spot for several days, but I could never find a carcass or feathers.  I submitted a bug report for it.

Thanks for the reply. 

I forced a wolf into a deer path for the kill in an open area - screen shot included. The deer carcass was not there after a quick visit the ML Camp Office.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, it's a bit of a game killer. A bug has been submitted.

193634220_screen_(82334679)_77706f6f-57f9-4829-be3c-5cf310fca4f8.thumb.png.92eba0db85292cb6c34e5fa7a0b28136.png

Edited by killDCat
  • Upvote 1