Themadlad94

New region Idea

Recommended Posts

I know that we just got bleak inlet, but I have had a new region idea for a while, so I thought I should share it.

When I was playing in Desolation Point and Bleak Inlet, I couldn’t help but notice the mountains way off in the distance separated by the water. So I thought of a region with towering mountains and lush forests. I can think of it being called “Bordering Peaks” and being located at the edge of the great bear map, because some of the biggest peaks are at the top and left of the map. Just some food for thought.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be the truly sustainable naturalist place. Foraging as a renewable primary food source. If not, I' still love to see it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, Themadlad94 said:

I know that we just got bleak inlet, but I have had a new region idea for a while, so I thought I should share it.

When I was playing in Desolation Point and Bleak Inlet, I couldn’t help but notice the mountains way off in the distance separated by the water. So I thought of a region with towering mountains and lush forests. I can think of it being called “Bordering Peaks” and being located at the edge of the great bear map, because some of the biggest peaks are at the top and left of the map. Just some food for thought.

Only issue is that those mountains are the Mainland. Perhaps the mainland as a region? Interesting. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 2:11 AM, Fuarian said:

Only issue is that those mountains are the Mainland. Perhaps the mainland as a region? Interesting. 

 

Huh. Well a bit of the mainland wilderness would be interesting, but you have to consider that the mainland doesn't have the convenient road-blocking earthquakes great bear does (as far as I know), so what would be the excuse for not letting us walk to the cities we saw in the wintermute trailer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 1:11 PM, Fuarian said:

Only issue is that those mountains are the Mainland. Perhaps the mainland as a region? Interesting. 

 

Hmmm, a big open area, say like pleasant valley, on one side of the map. And mountains like timberwolf to the other side of the map?....Or maybe a much LARGER map with the mountains cutting two pleasant valleys?...…..I like this....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 9:45 PM, Themadlad94 said:

I know that we just got bleak inlet, but I have had a new region idea for a while, so I thought I should share it.

When I was playing in Desolation Point and Bleak Inlet, I couldn’t help but notice the mountains way off in the distance separated by the water. So I thought of a region with towering mountains and lush forests. I can think of it being called “Bordering Peaks” and being located at the edge of the great bear map, because some of the biggest peaks are at the top and left of the map. Just some food for thought.

What would be the main difference to the TWM map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hotzn said:

What would be the main difference to the TWM map?

maybe the elimination of a big ravine, and larger flat areas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 7:11 PM, Fuarian said:

Only issue is that those mountains are the Mainland. Perhaps the mainland as a region? Interesting. 

 

As an new area i would like mainland but to be acesable by a new vheicle a BOAT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 6:59 AM, wizard03 said:

maybe the elimination of a big ravine, and larger flat areas?

In my opinion, those differences would not make the new map any more interesting than TWM, rather less interesting. Considering that each new map consumes resources from Hinterland, I would not advocate to create such a new map which would be similar to TWM and less interesting. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We still have at least one new region likely to come to Survival Mode, from Wintermute Story Mode- Perseverance Mills.  And we have no idea what that region will be like. I say let Hinterland create any new regions according their vision for their game. Also:

One of the Buffer Memories you can find during an Aurora mentions lack of fuel shipments from the refinery. Not specific to whether the refinery is on the Mainland, or on the Island. Could this be Perseverance Mills, with an industrial area including a broken down and abandoned oil refinery? Or could it include Blackrock Prison? (Where the crushed Prison Bus is from?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hotzn said:

In my opinion, those differences would not make the new map any more interesting than TWM, rather less interesting. Considering that each new map consumes resources from Hinterland, I would not advocate to create such a new map which would be similar to TWM and less interesting. 

Well, from the world map, Im taking it as bear island is supposed to be a big rocky and mountain like island. While timber wolf mountain does need to be its own thing, I feel like there should be some other mountains and peaks to climb. But, for the sake of one already installed in the game, how about something a big different....A harsh earthquake zone....Maybe a deep ravine where a small town has fallen to the basin? Might have to make it important, maybe a saw mill factory? 
We have delt with farms, mountains, towns, coal mines, and canneries. But no logging facilities yet. Could be a good next super structure to add to the game! But as for environments, its mostly plains, caves, one or two major ravines, a large forest and a mountain. From here, all I can think of is the epicenter of the earthquake that devastated the populace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t mean that the region would be on the mainland, I just meant that the region could maybe be located at the edge of the map, I.e. when you look at the great bear map, you can see the big mountains at the very right of the map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Themadlad94 said:

I didn’t mean that the region would be on the mainland, I just meant that the region could maybe be located at the edge of the map, I.e. when you look at the great bear map, you can see the big mountains at the very right of the map

There does look to be space between TWM and DP, to possibly connect the two regions, with a smaller region like BI. And that broken bridge in DP, sure does say "There is something more on the other side..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now