Easy To Miss Spawns In BI

Starcraftz01

So I was playing my first run and as I entered BI from the Ravine to go to the radio tower I made a quick stop at the ranger tower and I found a couple easy to miss spawns.

1. In between the bars of the left railing of the first flight of steps there is a can of stump remover.

2. If you loop past the door at the ranger tower there is a hook with a climbing rope hanging from it.

If you guys find any other easy to miss spawns leave them down bellow!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Starcraftz01 said:

2. If you loop past the door at the ranger tower there is a hook with a climbing rope hanging from it.

I'm gonna have to triple-check that place because  my thought at the time is it would totally make sense for them to hide a rope somewhere around up there...but I went over each location at least twice and was positive I didn't see anything.  Well..either it's not a guaranteed spawn, or my trip all the way to TWM was a waste.

12 hours ago, Starcraftz01 said:

So I was playing my first run and as I entered BI from the Ravine to go to the radio tower I made a quick stop at the ranger tower and I found a couple easy to miss spawns.

1. In between the bars of the left railing of the first flight of steps there is a can of stump remover.

If you guys find any other easy to miss spawns leave them down bellow!

There's a ROPE up there?! Maybe it's a random spawn

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

It is a random spawn...it spawned in my latest Voyageur attempt...when I found a rope in the Rail Car in the Ravine. Are both connected...must test more.

Sometimes Bearskin bedroll spawns in the Pensive Lookout under the map board as well.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:05 AM, RossBondReturns said:

It is a random spawn...it spawned in my latest Voyageur attempt...when I found a rope in the Rail Car in the Ravine. Are both connected...must test more.

Sometimes Bearskin bedroll spawns in the Pensive Lookout under the map board as well.

Not connected AFAICS.  I had no rope in the railcar, but one spawned at the destroyed lookout in ML.  I grabbed another from the Lake Overlook after I cleared out the cave up there and brought it with me... but I didn't need it since there was a rope hanging from the hook just around the corner from the door at Pensive Lookout in BI.  Now I'm debating if I want to bother putting it back in place in ML... but I'll probably just drop it off at Spence's and eventually take it into Broken Railroad so I have a rope for sure to get into that Ravine and another to get back and forth to the Hunting Lodge... or I may just leave it in BI someplace.  Does anyone know if there are other possible climbs in the zone?

11 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Not connected AFAICS.  I had no rope in the railcar, but one spawned at the destroyed lookout in ML.  I grabbed another from the Lake Overlook after I cleared out the cave up there and brought it with me... but I didn't need it since there was a rope hanging from the hook just around the corner from the door at Pensive Lookout in BI.  Now I'm debating if I want to bother putting it back in place in ML... but I'll probably just drop it off at Spence's and eventually take it into Broken Railroad so I have a rope for sure to get into that Ravine and another to get back and forth to the Hunting Lodge... or I may just leave it in BI someplace.  Does anyone know if there are other possible climbs in the zone?

Yes. There are.

I say this because there is a Rope Spawn in the Workshop.

SO that tells me there is a place to use a rope on the lower level. The only way that makes sense is if there's a rope deployment point in the Cannery itself...to cut off some of the "platforming" to get back into the Workshop.

I'm in a twitter exchange with Raph who says that there is indeed a shortcut and there's a hint to it's eventual placement in the Release Trailer for the Update.

I was tyring to figure it out when I got food poisoning and had to abandon my attempts...and head out to the Keg to get safe and continue my run. I will have to try and place it later.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

the only way that makes sense is if there's a rope deployment point in the Cannery itself.

that was my thought, too. But I "touched" everything I could in the cannery and couldn't find a place to tie it off. I don't have a twitter account... going back to play the Release Trailer for the Update to see if I can figure out the hint.

Edited by ProsPex

On 12/16/2019 at 4:27 AM, RossBondReturns said:

Yes. There are.

I say this because there is a Rope Spawn in the Workshop.

SO that tells me there is a place to use a rope on the lower level. The only way that makes sense is if there's a rope deployment point in the Cannery itself...to cut off some of the "platforming" to get back into the Workshop.

I'm in a twitter exchange with Raph who says that there is indeed a shortcut and there's a hint to it's eventual placement in the Release Trailer for the Update.

I was tyring to figure it out when I got food poisoning and had to abandon my attempts...and head out to the Keg to get safe and continue my run. I will have to try and place it later.

Is the rope spawn in the cannery random or is it a guaranteed one.  If guaranteed, that still leaves me with an extra rope in BI now.

11 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Cannot tell you since I haven't got there with another survivor. The way things are going though...I'll say it's random.

The best move then is to bring the extra rope from Mystery Lake since they are easy grab from the Lake Overlook climb or even the Western Access one (without having to worry about the random spawns either in the Ravine railcar or at the Destroyed Overlook.  That way, one doesn't have to ever make the loop around to the Forlorn Muskeg entrance.

4 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

The best move then is to bring the extra rope from Mystery Lake since they are easy grab from the Lake Overlook climb or even the Western Access one (without having to worry about the random spawns either in the Ravine railcar or at the Destroyed Overlook.  That way, one doesn't have to ever make the loop around to the Forlorn Muskeg entrance.

Funny I've never not had a rope spawn at Destroyed Lookout...didn't think it was random.

Just now, RossBondReturns said:

Funny I've never not had a rope spawn at Destroyed Lookout...didn't think it was random.

I have had it not spawn there a few times.  I honestly think virtually every loot spawn is random (save the items on the old interloper loot tables, but they were like a 1/4 chance really).  Other loot I think has like a 90%+ chance, but I don't think anythinng is absolutely a 100% chance.

1 hour ago, RossBondReturns said:

I've had no rope spawn at the Destroyed Lookout, in Pilgrim, Voyageur and Stalker. It isn't a guaranteed spawn. Though, in my games, if that rope is not there, the one going down into Raven Falls Ravine usually is. We'll see if that holds true this time or not.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:57 AM, RossBondReturns said:

So has anyone managed to figure out if this exists yet? 

I'm currently in Bleak Inlet on Pilgrim mode, so your mileage may vary. I found a revolver in the Cannery Workshop in this sneaky placement. If you can't tell from the screenshot, it's behind that thing that looks like a generator near the two big sliding doors. (I thought I had found a secret lever or something… I was kind of disappointed, haha).

screen_a92d22ee-8fc5-4745-998e-b63a066f6ce0.png

• Upvote 1

Another interesting finding (no screenshot, sorry): in the small dining area in one corner of the Cannery Workshop, there are a few cabinets. One has a broken door that has been left in place. I broke it down to make some wood and in the cabinet there were 4-5 revolver shell casings. I don't know whether this is a guaranteed spawn, but checking doesn't hurt. ;)

On 12/14/2019 at 12:25 PM, Fuarian said:

Found it on my run

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/525473850?t=01h05m44s

I would also like to point out, I found a bunch of revolver casings behind this cupboard inside the mill and ammo workbench on stalker mode.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/525473850?t=01h05m44s

I was crawling through the cannery workshop with a flashlight during an aurora, looking for a short-cut to get back in, and I found several "goodies" that I missed initially. For example, there was a revolver tucked away between two big doors, and there was another flashlight on the floor that I had initially missed.

They may be random spawns, but it does pay to go through the workshop with a fine-toothed comb.