The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.67 [57845]

Admin

Hello community,

We’ve released our v1.67 Hotfix for Errant Pilgrim to address an issue we introduced in today's earlier Hotfix (v1.66). In today's previous release we focused on addressing a number of world art issues found in the Bleak Inlet region, as well as resolving several Predator AI and Quality of Life issues. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

If you have any other questions or are just curious to know more about the game, please also consider joining our weekly Milton Mailbag Q&A.

CHANGELIST V1.67 [57845]

• [Gameplay] Fixed an issue that caused the Workshop door in Bleak Inlet to no longer open, if a User loaded a save with the Workshop unlocked, from V1.64

CHANGELIST v1.66 [57718]

GENERAL ART FIXES

• [Enviro] Fixed numerous areas in Bleak Inlet where the Player could become stuck.
  • [Enviro] Polish pass on locations in Bleak Inlet where the Player could get outside of the intended play.
  • [Enviro] Fixed clipping and floating objects located throughout the Bleak Inlet region.
  • [Enviro] Removed various instances of invisible collision found in Bleak Inlet.
  • [Enviro] Survivors will now become wet if standing in, or near a waterfall found in the Bleak Inlet region.
  • [Envrio] Wolves will no longer appear to flicker when walking along the docks in the Bleak Inlet. 
  • [Enviro] Removed Weak Ice location that was unintentionally placed on land in the Forlorn Muskeg. 

USER INTERFACE FIXES

• [UI] Saves now correctly display Region text for Bleak Inlet.
  • [UI] Crafting Time now updates to show the selected tool, instead of the most efficient tool. 

WINTERMUTE FIXES

• [WINTERMUTE] Timberwolf carcasses no longer disappear if the Player saves, then reloads. 
  • [WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that could unintentionally cutoff dialogue. 

CHALLENGE MODES

• [Challenge] Fixed issue that rewarded the Nomad Badge when completing the Whiteout Challenge.
  • [Challenge] Nomad Badge how correctly rewarded when completing the Nomad Challenge
  • [Challenge] Challenge Mastery achievement now unlocks as soon the Player has earned it

SURVIVAL MODE

• [Survival] Timberwolves will now hunt prey, as intended.
  • [Custom Mode] “Revolvers” option updated to “Revolver Availability” for consistency. 
  • [Gameplay] Fixed a crash that could occur when entering the Snow Shelter, when using a controller.

ALL GAME MODES

• [Gameplay] Sewing Kits no longer lose condition when harvesting Clothing.
  • [AI] Predators will no longer flee from Survivors who are atop a sloped hill.
  • [AI] Added additional line of sight check to Timberwolves, to prevent attacks through walls and out of reach locations.
  • [AI] Timberwolves will now break-off their attack if a Marine Flare is lit, before the struggle occurs. 
  • [AI] Timberwolves can no longer flee to excessive distances.
  • [Gameplay] Fixed a crash that could occur on some save files when loading into Bleak Inlet.

Playstation 4/Xbox One

• [PS4] Fixed HDR lighting in the Hunter’s Lodge and Grey Mother’s House.
  • [PS4] Fixed missing music for some players.

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

In future, would it be possible to list the size of each update when it is announced.  It's just in the process of downloading a second update today.  I thought I was fully up to day with the one that downloaded early this morning.  It was under a gig.  This one this afternoon is 1.08 gig... and with my slow internet it's telling me that it's going to take 6 hours to download.  So much for playing TLD today it seems.  It would be nice to have known that I wasn't completely up to date early this morning.

• Admin unpinned and unfeatured this topic
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:12 AM, UpUpAway95 said:

It would be nice to have known that I wasn't completely up to date early this morning.

I don't think individual inconveniences should be Hinterland's burden to bear.  ¬¬

:coffee::fire:
It's not their fault if an individual has a slow connection.

Edited by ManicManiac

28 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

He has a right to ask the question.  Let him ask it.

Of course he does, I didn't prevent anyone from doing anything.
The question was asked in an open forum... and then I gave my perspective in response. :D 

Is my "right" to post my thoughts on this forum any less than anyone else's?

Edited by ManicManiac

On 12/18/2019 at 11:24 AM, ManicManiac said:

I don't think individual inconveniences should be Hinterland's burden to bear.  ¬¬

It's not their fault if an individual has a slow connection.

When someone in my neck of the woods say "It would be nice...," it generally means much the same as "If it's not too much trouble..."  I'm not asking HL to bear any of my burdens, but if it's not too much trouble for them to insert the size of the update into the patch notes, it would really help me determine if I'm actually up to date with the latest patch.  I'll appreciate if they can, but if they can't, I'll live without it.  I'm asking a favor... not making a demand.

Is there a reason you object to seeing the size of the update appear in the patch notes?

Edited by UpUpAway95

@hozz1235
You've made an assumption that takes my words out of context. :D
The first sentence establishes my premise... the second sentence cited an example that was given by the poster that supported that premise.

Once again... I'm not defending anything, I was merely expressing my thoughts about a comment made in an open forum.  However, you seem to have taken an interest in accusing me of some perceived motivation that just isn't there.  :D 

What I said, was exactly what I wrote.  I thought I was reasonably clear with what I wrote, but I can expound on it if you like.

I just don't think that any developer is (or should be) responsible for issues that go beyond the scope of the game they are providing their customers.

Do you disagree?  Is a developer responsible for an individual's internet connection... or if putting out patches quickly to fix bugs is perceived as inconvenient to an individual customer?

As for your assumption that I was implying that an individual should be responsible for their own personal issues?  No, that's not was I was talking about in my post.  I was just simply saying that I don't think those types of things are a developer's responsibility... I did not say that individual had to handle it alone, and therefore your assumption has taken my words out of context. 

Are we done now?
Though if you do feel a pressing need to discuss it further, please feel free to message me personally. :) 

Edited by ManicManiac

14 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Is there a reason you object to seeing the size of the update appear in the patch notes?

No, that would be their purgative, and had you left it at that simple request I'd not have had anything to add.  However, you started citing things that I didn't see as being a developers responsibility... so I spoke my mind.

You have privilege of expressing your points of view... am I not allowed to do the same?

If you'd like to discuss it further please feel free to message me directly.  I see no need to pollute the thread with off topic personal speculations. 

Edited by ManicManiac

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

No, that would be their purgative, and had you left it at that simple request I'd not have had anything to add.  However, you started citing things that I didn't see as being a developers responsibility... so I spoke my mind.

You have privilege of expressing your points of view... am I not allowed to do the same?

If you'd like to discuss it further please feel free to message me directly.  I see no need to pollute forum with personal speculations. 

I"m not disallowing you from expressing your opinions about me or anything else.  You're wrong about what I was requesting, so I've re-explained my request.  I'm asking a simple favor... a single number added to the patch notes.  That's all.

@UpUpAway95
Fair enough. :) 
If I misread your initial post, I sincerely didn't intend to.

As for my previous question, it was meant to be rhetorical.  I seem lately to be catching a lot of flack for giving my opinion... often by the same folks who seem to get offended by my disagreeing in the first place.  (and no, I'm not referring to you... you've done nothing of the kind on this thread - you've been civil and I appreciate it) :) 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I bear no hard feelings towards you or anyone on the forum. :) 
I like a good conversation, and I do always speak my mind... especially when I don't agree with a thing.

Edited by ManicManiac