The Long Dark Hotfixed to V1.66 [57718]

Admin

Hello community,

We’ve released v1.66 Hotfix for Errant Pilgrim. In this release we’ve focused on addressing a number of world art issues found in the Bleak Inlet region, as well as resolving several Predator AI and Quality of Life issues. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

If you have any other questions or are just curious to know more about the game, please also consider joining our weekly Milton Mailbag Q&A.

CHANGELIST v1.66 [57718]

GENERAL ART FIXES

• [Enviro] Fixed numerous areas in Bleak Inlet where the Player could become stuck.
  • [Enviro] Polish pass on locations in Bleak Inlet where the Player could get outside of the intended play.
  • [Enviro] Fixed clipping and floating objects located throughout the Bleak Inlet region.
  • [Enviro] Removed various instances of invisible collision found in Bleak Inlet.
  • [Enviro] Survivors will now become wet if standing in, or near a waterfall found in the Bleak Inlet region.
  • [Envrio] Wolves will no longer appear to flicker when walking along the docks in the Bleak Inlet. 
  • [Enviro] Removed Weak Ice location that was unintentionally placed on land in the Forlorn Muskeg. 

USER INTERFACE FIXES

• [UI] Saves now correctly display Region text for Bleak Inlet.
  • [UI] Crafting Time now updates to show the selected tool, instead of the most efficient tool. 

WINTERMUTE FIXES

• [WINTERMUTE] Timberwolf carcasses no longer disappear if the Player saves, then reloads. 
  • [WINTERMUTE] Fixed issue that could unintentionally cutoff dialogue. 

CHALLENGE MODES

• [Challenge] Fixed issue that rewarded the Nomad Badge when completing the Whiteout Challenge.
  • [Challenge] Nomad Badge how correctly rewarded when completing the Nomad Challenge
  • [Challenge] Challenge Mastery achievement now unlocks as soon the Player has earned it

SURVIVAL MODE

• [Survival] Timberwolves will now hunt prey, as intended.
  • [Custom Mode] “Revolvers” option updated to “Revolver Availability” for consistency. 
  • [Gameplay] Fixed a crash that could occur when entering the Snow Shelter, when using a controller.

ALL GAME MODES

• [Gameplay] Sewing Kits no longer lose condition when harvesting Clothing.
  • [AI] Predators will no longer flee from Survivors who are atop a sloped hill.
  • [AI] Added additional line of sight check to Timberwolves, to prevent attacks through walls and out of reach locations.
  • [AI] Timberwolves will now break-off their attack if a Marine Flare is lit, before the struggle occurs. 
  • [AI] Timberwolves can no longer flee to excessive distances.
  • [Gameplay] Fixed a crash that could occur on some save files when loading into Bleak Inlet.

Playstation 4/Xbox One

• [PS4] Fixed HDR lighting in the Hunter’s Lodge and Grey Mother’s House.
  • [PS4] Fixed missing music for some players.

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

Hello I would like to know what you mean by the following Sewing kits no longer lose condition when harvesting clothes. I am from Spain, for the time I have been playing, they did not lose condition except when repairing clothes that lowered the condition 5% or so when repairing and I see it the same.

Guest jeffpeng
1 minute ago, mayimbe said:

Hello I would like to know what you mean by the following Sewing kits no longer lose condition when harvesting clothes. I am from Spain, for the time I have been playing, they did not lose condition except when repairing clothes that lowered the condition 5% or so when repairing and I see it the same.

Bug introduced with the last update and fixed with the next. Don't mind.

@OP

Geez, you guys are putting in the hours right before the holidays. 

Thanks! but what about wolves that dont afraid from campfires on interloper? is that intentional?

Also you should clear out what happen about revolver on interloper. How could we face timberwolves on interloper? are the rumours about revolver spawn true or just a bug as that revolver spawn in HRV?  

Edited by The Black Knight

Guest jeffpeng
8 minutes ago, The Black Knight said:

that doesn't any sense, most predator are afraid from fires. So now we could be harvesting or cooking a bear (for example) and a wolf would jumping to us? that is a nonsense. I hope that not true because the game completely will be ruined

I can't recall where I read it, but wolves basically enter the so called "Hold Ground State" for a period of time, then make a check if they attack or not. If you directly point a weapon at them you force that check. This IS intentional. And I personally don't see how that will completely ruin the game. Actually it puts back in some challenge lost over time due to other factors (Well Fed, Birch Bark Tea, More Regions, Better Aiming, etc)

Edit: Plus if you really dislike it that much you can always revert to some older version now.

Edited by jeffpeng

11 minutes ago, The Black Knight said:

that doesn't any sense, most predator are afraid from fires. So now we could be harvesting or cooking a bear (for example) and a wolf would jumping to us? that is a nonsense. I hope that not true because the game completely will be ruined

Domesticated cats and dogs are tamed predators and not afraid of fire ... in fact they enjoy curling up in front of it as much as humans do. 
Yes I know they're domesticated, but from which species were they domesticated way back yonder when the limit of their domestication was to rove round the settlement and warn of intruders while being thrown a bone or two now and then?

4 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

I can't recall where I read it, but wolves basically enter the so called "Hold Ground State" for a period of time, then make a check if they attack or not. If you directly point a weapon at them you force that check. This IS intentional. And I personally don't see how that will completely ruin the game. Actually it puts back in some challenge lost over time due to other factors (Well Fed, Birch Bark Tea, More Regions, Better Aiming, etc)

if you hold a torch and a wolf is stalker to you not problem, he wont charge, but what about when you need to relight another one? He jump and on iterloper early game, without any animal gear, it is over.
Lets see what happen in real life. Why you should light a fire to spend a night in the nature? beacuse of predator afraid from fires, everyone know that. So yes, it would be a great mistake if it is intentional and will ruined the game.
To balance interloper difficulty (it used to be too easy for experienced players ) now we have the Twolves.

2 minutes ago, Gazbeard said:

Domesticated cats and dogs are tamed predators and not afraid of fire ... in fact they enjoy curling up in front of it as much as humans do. 
Yes I know they're domesticated, but from which species were they domesticated way back yonder when the limit of their domestication was to rove round the settlement and warn of intruders while being thrown a bone or two now and then?

the fact that they are domesticated is the reason that they dont afraid from fires because their knows that are safe (fire=human=safe). Even lions are afraid from fires lol

Guest jeffpeng
1 minute ago, The Black Knight said:

if you hold a torch and a wolf is stalker to you not problem, he wont charge, but what about when you need to relight another one? He jump and on iterloper early game, without any animal gear, it is over.
Lets see what happen in real life. Why you should light a fire to spend a night in the nature? beacuse of predator afraid from fires, everyone know that. So yes, it would be a great mistake if it is intentional and will ruined the game.
To balance interloper difficulty (it used to be too easy for experienced players ) now we have the Twolves.

I think this topic is better discussed in a dedicated Forum Post.

1 minute ago, The Black Knight said:

the fact that they are domesticated is the reason that they dont afraid from fires because their knows that are safe (fire=human=safe). Even lions are afraid from fires lol

The point of my post is that nowadays they are not afraid of fire, and that is due to lifelong close proximity to humans ... but what about way back when we lived in caves or mud huts and the very first wolves were being domesticated as watchdogs ... which of the canis lupus variants were the ones easiest to tame and overcome their fear of campfires and illuminating burning torches?  From those evolved all the varieties of dog we have today.

Honestly, I feel the same. What little hard-earned-luckily-found protection (aka torches) I had from wolves (not even bears or Timber wolves) is now gone. Yeah it seems that we now have revolvers in Interloper, but I've yet to find bullets, which I imagine are crafted only. This'll just make me play custom games with at least wolf fear and struggle turned up to max, which is obviously a fine workaround but locks me out of achievements. 

Oh well, just because I don't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't be added I guess. I'll just stick to custom. I do wish they would give us more detailed patch notes instead of having us guess at wether something is a bug or not (e.g. suddenly being able to add coal immidiately)

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
1 minute ago, Renn said:

I do wish they would give us more detailed patch notes instead of having us guess at wether something is a bug or not (e.g. suddenly being able to add coal immidiately)

Yeah. I had an entire post about that with Crossroads Elegy. The changelogs are .... with all due respect ... wolfpoop. 

"-Fixed missing music for some players" Hinterlands, you're amazing and the best. This actually means so much to me to be perfectly honest. Being a musician myself, I'll be able to appreciate and enjoy this games beautiful and atmospheric soundtrack again, in game! I know it may be silly but seriously, thank you. :)

Does anyone know is it possible to find a rounds for rifle/revolver when Baseline Resource Availability is set to Low(Interloper) in custom settings or you can only craft them? I haven't found any ammunition on this code yet: 8snM/z8PHx9vzaKm-OGMC . Absolutely wound't mind if it was made intentionally and you have to craft rounds on this difficulty. 

Edited by Hestonworld

• Admin unpinned and unfeatured this topic
15 hours ago, Admin said:

Timberwolves will now break-off their attack if a Marine Flare is lit, before the struggle occurs. 

Can nobody please clarify exactly what this means? Is there now an option to use a flare during a wolf struggle with timberwolves? Or does it mean if you light a flare before they start attacking they'll leave you alone?

Also, does anyone know if marine flares exist as loot outside the new region? I haven't found any yet on stalker, and only one in the plateau area which I used already getting out of there. It'd be really nice if there was, I have like 40 regular flares stored at my base and not one marine flare. I think at least the other coastal regions should also have them, it only makes sense they would.

5 hours ago, Stalk & Lope said:

Also, does anyone know if marine flares exist as loot outside the new region? I haven't found any yet on stalker, and only one in the plateau area which I used already getting out of there. It'd be really nice if there was, I have like 40 regular flares stored at my base and not one marine flare. I think at least the other coastal regions should also have them, it only makes sense they would.

I think they only spawn in the new region, with the Timber Wolves, since they were implemented specifically as defense against them.

Edit: Wait no, I just found one in Coastal Highway

Edited by Renn

19 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

I can't recall where I read it, but wolves basically enter the so called "Hold Ground State" for a period of time, then make a check if they attack or not.

I expereinced this on 3 occasions

1st) Fire set up near a Deer carcass Hover Dam, the wolf come up like 10 meters on the other side of fire, I crouch, drop every piece of meat I have, wait, then the wolf attacked over the fire

2nd) Rush my way to the forge with a flare on in muskeg with 2 wolves after me, light the furnace, fuel with coal, one wolf stayed growling for a long while and I really had no idea  if it would attack, in early interloper as first forge visit, I would've die. The wolf got away but came back 2 or 3 times during my forging night.

3rd) Same as 1st, a wolf came twice and growled, I rushed my way away after the 2nd time droping a bait behind me

I can deal with it but on early interloper, it's quite a challenge as  your clothing is very poor and , when lucky, you have a hammer.

I wish the Furnace and forge would drive them off though, the heat and noise could justify it 😉

Edited by JMK