jeffpeng

As The Dead Sleep progress

6 hours ago, Goodzilla said:

Started a new run yesterday and could no more use the shortcut in BI!?

Was there a update? I never saw something like this from Hinterland.

There are so many shortcuts in the game, and this is the first time they changed something on the territory to make a short cut impossible.

Anybody else recognized this?

Yes I noticed that update.  Shared a screenshot of a goat victory over that scrub. 

Did you know goats eat scrubs.  That was sort of a clue.  Not sure but that was kind of an awful clue.  On the topic of landscaping I find it disheartening.  Seen loads of changes.  Had a goat path up TWM and it was altered.  Was fun finding another route but I am concerend with sharing it again.   Unless the Wintermute story can explain why invisible fences have appeared I am totally disillusioned with the whole idea of blocked off routes.  The deathwalls are another oddity.  There is one in Coastal Highway by the train loading that is not a steep fall in fact there is no falling just walking and boom deathwall.  Wondering why staying on a linear path is so important to the devs.

16 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

Started a new run yesterday and could no more use the shortcut in BI!?

?? I dont't get it ??

Where is that screenshot?

Where is that screenshot?

Posted in the share your screen shots.

@Ice Hole   May be the reason is my poor english, but I am not sure if I get it right.

You still can go there through the scrubs? If so, can you let us know how you do it?

here I could have made it under 2 days.

I was almost dead entering DP where my last cross was waiting to be visited, I decided to get the stim in the lighthouse to survive but unfortunately got a sprain when jumping down to the road.... almost made it ...but just almost

20200122200137_1.jpg

20200122200121_1.jpg

You still can go there through the scrubs? If so, can you let us know how you do it?

Yes the scrub brush can be passed through.  Issue is if I reveal how it is done then it is likely that "seismic activity" will change the landscape.  

@Ice Hole 

I goat it 🙂

I found the way myself yesterday after a few tries. It is now even easier/faster than before!

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 5:15 AM, Joe Buckley said:

image.png.f506e2b7299f7367eb8445d2d9058f7c.png

Okay, I just had to go again... Now I'm done for sure! Videos with narration this time to follow... Merry Christmas Everyone :)

I finished it yesterday evening again. With NO stim in Maintenance Shed, I climbed out of Milton without a stim. Had to be under 10 kg weight and used the two coffee cups I found earlier. Went back to the dam after Ravine, got the extra stim in the barn and finished in DP. Still not your time @Joe Buckley  but coming closer.

20200203201925_1.jpg

20200203201927_1.jpg

On 2/19/2020 at 3:10 AM, Joe Buckley said:

Nice @Goodzilla !!! That's an amazing time without the stim in BR. Congrats!

Thanks, made a 1d 19h 28m  on 13.Feb.

Now back on Hopeless Rescue challenge20200213.thumb.jpg.8c32604dda94fcfd4d5f5fe41f338660.jpg

Edited by Goodzilla

I tried this yesterday for the first time. I found out that you can drink until you can't drink any more, sleep, and wake up before being fully rested literally dying of thirst. I guess I will need to remember to take breaks from sleeping so I can drink which could be difficult to do every time. I wish I could set a max time allowed for sleep.

Also this was the first time seeing timber wolves, which was interesting.

Anyways I don't even know how to get to a lot of these zones, let alone where the crosses are. It should be neat exploring new areas. I never really explored a lot since I have never had much reason to before. I suspect this challenge will take me quite some time to complete because of this(and how often I will try)

1 hour sleep in Milton. Much better. Gonna try in a few days again. Its deffinetly possible in 1 day 15 hours, you just need coffee. By the way does anybody know where is the best chance to find it?

пмс4.png

On the line of failed attemps at skills. While trying to repair my parka i failed 14 times in a row with a 70% chance, what are the odds of that lol

I haven't been willing to put in the effort but I am quite sure the % chance isn't correct. The chances of failing 14 times in a row is 0.000004782969%, or about 1 in 21 million.