Crafting ammo

This should have been posted in the Survival mode forum. 

On the Steam forum, someone made several rounds of revolver and rifle ammunition. I would think the limiting factor at this point would be the number of cartridge cases you have. 

11 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

This should have been posted in the Survival mode forum. 

On the Steam forum, someone made several rounds of revolver and rifle ammunition. I would think the limiting factor at this point would be the number of cartridge cases you have. 

I've been using lots of rounds fending off TWs.  I have all the mats and will descend to the cannery tonight to make some.

• 1 month later...

Was actually fixing to make plenty of rounds, rifle and revolver. Only problem now is there seems to be a bug once you go into ammo crafting, that's it. No other crafting options become available.. Only bullets, gunpowder, etc. Pretty rough considering I'm currently trying to get rid of parasites and I need the tea to do so. Kind of a game break, really... I'd hate to die like this, soooo I'm gonna take a small hiatus, till it's fixed, I guess. That being said, it's been a long time since I've strolled through TLD, let alone the forums and wanted to say congratulations on everything you guys have accomplished so far!! Hinterland is by far one of my favorite dev teams! This game has evolved so much over the years and I'm happy to say I got to be even a small part of it earlier on in Game Preview. On Xbox One by the way

Update: After turning the xbox off and sleeping on what happened, I figured I could surely find some antibiotics and just not use the bow or arrows... But alas, upon reloading I opened my inventory menus and scrolled over. There they are.... All the available blueprints.. Thank goodness... Will continue testing with ammo crafting to see if this happens regularly or not

On 12/13/2019 at 5:07 AM, dalan42284 said:

Has anyone been to the Cannery to make bullets yet? How many did you make?

I have a had several visits to BI and the cannery and made loads of ammunition. It was very simple.  I was finishing off old, pre-revolver games and couldn't be bothered to travel around the whole area collecting ammo so I was limited to the number of empty cartridge cases that I had.

Even with mininmal looking for lead and chemicals it was easy to find far more than I needed to restore the empty cartridge case that I had.  On my last trip to the Cannery I ended up with over 150 bullets, with loads of everything left over.

I rather like making ammo and using the milling machine.  It is stress relieving.  However I do think that the ammo making equipment would be better at the Hunting Lodge in Broken Railroad.  I think the game would be improved if the balance of the whereabouts of essential tasks was rearranged.

Has noone else come across the crafting blueprint issue that I have had.... As I stated earlier upon shutting down, and reloading today, everything was back to normal. But as I suspected upon returning to the cannery and crafting more bullet tips, the same exact thing happened. Just curious if I am the only one so far??

On 2/2/2020 at 6:54 PM, TLD Survivalist said:

Has noone else come across the crafting blueprint issue that I have had.... As I stated earlier upon shutting down, and reloading today, everything was back to normal. But as I suspected upon returning to the cannery and crafting more bullet tips, the same exact thing happened. Just curious if I am the only one so far??

I have had this issue. I discovered that, at least for me, my problem was that after using the bullet bench, the crafting menu got stuck in the bullet section. 

So on the bottom left of the crafting menu, there’s a way to arrange the view. A-Z, bench, forge, etc. What I had to do was manually turn it back to A-Z. 

Im on PC though and could just click it. I’m not sure how it works on console.