New Things, New Save? Or No?

ChubbyBeaver

3 hours ago, ChubbyBeaver said:

Hi, I was wondering if with the addition of new items with Errant Pilgrim if I should start over entirely so I can find these items or will they start to appear off-hand in my current (old) save?

I've found car batteries in Milton, and from what I hear others have found fertilizer and stuff in other regions.

I'm also very curious about this.

I did find a Gunsmith book outdoors in FM with my 170d Voyageur, and I had been to FM before the update, but not to the spot I found the book. So the update has definitely placed at least one new item in a region I'd previously visited - but I hadn't visited that spot (the Bunkhouses - were they new in Errant Pilgrim?)

I'm planning to explore Bleak Inlet with my Voyageur, then start a fresh Stalker.

I've found 1 book and quite an abundance of ammo-making materials just in BI alone.  I plan to re-visit previously looted locations, but in the meantime, I believe I've found plenty of mats to fill up my casings.

I would've like to have found more Ammo books before starting to make ammo due to the low-level/high-failure rate.

Edited by hozz1235

I'm currently in the middle of doing a re-sweep of all previously explored regions, making a point to visit every structure, although I am skipping explorable caves and the entirety of TWM because there are no cars, and it would make no sense to find sulfur and stump remover up there.  Although there is that cargo plane....hmm...I may have to backtrack and hit up TWM again.

Anyway car batteries abound, and pretty much everywhere you find a car, you can find batteries.  I've also found stump remover and sulfur in many locations, as well as cans of gunpowder in the ML and PV prepper caches.  Even traveling light with just the bare essentials to harvest lead, relying on food stores left behind, I'm currently overburdened, and looking like at least two trips up and down the ropes back to BI.

So yeah.  Maybe if you're book hunting, start over, but there's quite a lot to be found with existing games. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

I'm currently in the middle of doing a re-sweep of all previously explored regions, making a point to visit every structure, although I am skipping explorable caves and the entirety of TWM because there are no cars, and it would make no sense to find sulfur and stump remover up there.  Although there is that cargo plane....hmm...I may have to backtrack and hit up TWM again.

Anyway car batteries abound, and pretty much everywhere you find a car, you can find batteries.  I've also found stump remover and sulfur in many locations, as well as cans of gunpowder in the ML and PV prepper caches.  Even traveling light with just the bare essentials to harvest lead, relying on food stores left behind, I'm currently overburdened, and looking like at least two trips up and down the ropes back to BI.

So yeah.  Maybe if you're book hunting, start over, but there's quite a lot to be found with existing games. 

Thanks for the detailed info. So does that mean going through all the previously-searched drawers, cabinets etc in locations you've been to?

10 minutes ago, monsieur_cronky said:

Thanks for the detailed info. So does that mean going through all the previously-searched drawers, cabinets etc in locations you've been to?

No, visual appraisal only.  Searched containers have been unaffected.  All new items have been found placed out in the open.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 8:27 AM, ChubbyBeaver said:

Oddly car batteries seemed to be outlined in hoods for awhile. I've been able to pop the hood and see them, but never harvest till now.

You actually could interact with them back then, but the only thing you could do with them was move them around. I used to put them on the roof of searched cars as a marker that I'd fully checked that vehicle, back in the days when opening the hood only worked until you left the region.