HINTERLAND, wolves ruin the game!

Ucmh

23 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Tying the Feat progression to Challenge modes only is not sensical, IMHO. 

This "solution" would require players who do not want to play Challenge Modes to, well, play Challenge Modes. Which may seriously decrease their enjoyment of the game. 

This is already happening. I want to play custom game modes. I want to earn feats. I have to play non-coustom game modes to earn feats, even though I don't want to.

It would be great to reward the player for playing the game in the mode that they enjoy, by giving them feat progression, regardless of setting. Maybe you can't use the feats in all game modes, but progress should be everywhere.

Edited by Kayosiv
  • Upvote 1

On 12/13/2019 at 11:50 PM, Ucmh said:

I've made my case for anyone interested in actually reading it.

Well, thanks to @jeffpeng who take quite of his time to make a long, sustained and interesting answer to your concerns.

Anyway, I like things not to be predictible 100%, otherwise, it's boring. Somethimes a trick works, sometime it doesn't. sometime a wolf just cry and flee as you met him by surprise, sometimes it charges straight. The game bring you bad and good luck, that is nice. Hope for the best, learn to be ready for the worse.

C'est la vie.

Edited by JMK
  • Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
3 hours ago, diggity said:

The few players that dismiss any challenge to the status quo of the game should basically be ignored, they just follow the script.

Character assassination much? :D I think I've made my case a 100 times over (literally) on these forums that I do everything but pray to the developer god. Invest the effort of actually participating with arguments, then we maybe can talk.

1 hour ago, diggity said:

You need to look up the definition of that term, I don't think it means what you think it means.

By the way, the dismissers are too often engaged in ergo decedo: "If you don't like it, leave".

awww ... what a troll...😁

Use a custom game with no wolves or reduced wolf attack damage. Simple, easy, quick.  Or practice 😊

Guest jeffpeng
7 hours ago, diggity said:

Are you sure I was talking about you?  Don't jump to conclusions please.

When you generalize the group on one side of the argument you kinda have to assume that everyone on that side of the argument feels being talked at ... or about. But fair enough. On the other hand:

16 hours ago, diggity said:

The few players that dismiss any challenge to the status quo of the game should basically be ignored, they just follow the script.

dismissing the portion of "conservatives" that actually like the game for what it is because they like the game for what it is ....

6 hours ago, diggity said:

is dismissive and therefore invalid.

There are some people that genuinely think the game is best if carried out by the vision of the developers since they admittedly did a rather phenomenal job until now - or the game wouldn't be still this alive and kicking half a decade later with a still growing player base. I might not agree with everything so easily, and I might not agree with the "If you don't like it don't play it" stance either, but I have a hard time faulting someone for wanting to preserve something they like the way it is, even if I don't agree with the way some might seek to achieve this.

6 hours ago, Looper said:

Use a custom game with no wolves or reduced wolf attack damage. Simple, easy, quick.  Or practice 😊

There are valid reasons for not wanting to play a custom game. That much I gave the OP ... which led to the entire sub-plot of why feats should or should not be exclusive to standard game modes. @UpUpAway95made a rather strong case why this is discriminitve (or stigmatizing as they put it), and even if I might not totally agree with it I cannot totally refute it either.

In general - again: while I am on the other side of the argument - I think that if one doesn't agree with a proposal for the game, a grievance because of the game or in general an opinion about the game ... one should at least show the effort to refute it on factual terms. It's kinda how arguments work. 

• Admin locked this topic