ERRANT PILGRIM Known Issues Under Investigation

Admin

We currently are aware of a handful of issues following yesterday’s launch of the ERRANT PILGRIM Update for The Long Dark. We are working on investigating them and resolving them for a future Hotfix or Update.

If you’ve run into a bug with the game please report it to www.thelongdark.com/support and our team can identify it and work to resolve it for you and other players.

Known Issues:

• Snow shelter may cause a crash on console platforms
  • Bleak Inlet - Timberwolves may flee from player when engaged
  • Cannery, Coast Mountain Road - Area with an invisible collision may cause player to become stuck
  • Clothing - When harvesting cloth from clothing items sewing kit condition is reduced by 5%
  • Animals can in some cases attack through walls

We are continuing to identify and address issues as quickly as possible. 

Thank you for your support of The Long Dark and enjoy the game!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

I finished the last of the main 6 challenges shortly after the update, but I didn't receive the "Challenge Mastery" from Steam as I was expecting (November Dev Diary said the new challenge is not needed for the achievement).

I did however receive the achievement right after I started a new game in the new "As the Dead Sleep"" challenge. I assume there is a bug causing this behavior, but this workaround might help others in a similar situation as well.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NacRuno said:

I finished the last of the main 6 challenges shortly after the update, but I didn't receive the "Challenge Mastery" from Steam as I was expecting (November Dev Diary said the new challenge is not needed for the achievement).

I did however receive the achievement right after I started a new game in the new "As the Dead Sleep"" challenge. I assume there is a bug causing this behavior, but this workaround might help others in a similar situation as well.

Starting any survival mode works to trigger it too.

I've heard from some people and youtubers that it's possible to find a revolver on the Interloper in Hushed River Valley. I can't prove it myself rn but I remember that in the past there was a chance to find a hunting knife on the Interloper too, so maybe it's true about revolver spawn. 

Edited by Hestonworld

18 hours ago, Karl Grylls said:

is it possible to bury corpses?

No thank you... :) I use those for extra storage!

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:38 AM, ManicManiac said:

I can see why people would want to do this as well (bury the corpses I mean)... personally however, I tend to think them as extra storage containers.  I know that seems a bit macabre, but since we can't move other small containers to where we might like to have the extra "storage" (I mean beyond just dropping things on the ground indoors or outside)... they do come in handy as containers.  :)  

:coffee::fire:
I like my "extra storage."

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

No thank you... :) I use those for extra storage!

That was a question based purely on interest - not on a wish ;)

In Buildings, i woul like to have a way to get rid of them. Maybe they have some useful stuff? Like meat, guts,.... 🤣

I think corpses should stay in The Long Dark because of the same reasons the Devs put it in. But in my opinion they don't have the effect the Devs wanted them to. It's like "oh a corpse, nice! Lets see what he got!" (btw why is it always a male corpse?)

So you just see corpses as an another possibility to get some loot, not as a scary and frightened element that enriches the atmosphere like for example Fluffy. Corpses have to be more staged to have the desired effect i think. As i said, maybe they have some useful stuff? 😈

Edited by Karl Grylls

1 hour ago, Karl Grylls said:

That was a question based purely on interest

I wasn't trying to make any assumptions nor was I trying to imply anything as to your intentions for the question.
I just wanted to add my perspective since the subject was broached.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

Always quick on the post-update investigations and fixes from what I've seen. That's awesome.
I haven't experienced any of those bugs listed yet and I haven't traveled to Bleak Inlet yet. But I haven't played much yet so far just some progress in Milton on a custom game. I will look out for bugs. I did see haze outside, I am guessing that is a new weather type.

Oh yes please! I just survived 3 days in the deadman challenge, went to Furlon and then to Mystery Lake, startet a base at camp office, had about 95% health and was then killed by a wolf on the lake through the wall of a fishing hut :(

Edited by MueckE
  • Upvote 1

• Admin unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic