wolves and decoys

mayimbe

Hi, I don't know if it will be a mistake of my departure, but for a while, when I drop a lure in front of a wolf, the wolf turns around and leaves, and if I pick up the lure, the wolf returns to me. I don't know why that happens to me and what I could do.

Edited by mayimbe

I haven't played since that has happened. It seems like it's really strange. The fact that people are posting about it says that it really doesn't make sense or fit. I can understand why they did it but hopefully they will figure out a better way to deal with it. Maybe if you're too close to the bait the wolf will still attack? Make head shots at least more difficult without making people think the game is bugging out.

• Like 1

I haven't experienced a wolf turning around after dropping a decoy.  I think the main change was that a wolf will now break away from the decoy and attack if you aim a gun or draw a bow while the wolf is walking up to the decoy, no matter how close you are to the decoy.  In my experience, the wolf will sometimes run away instead of attacking when I aim a weapon.

The change definitely makes things more interesting.  I agree it was pretty simple to kill wolves before.  Now it's more likely that you'll end up in a wolf struggle when you're hunting wolves (when your aim is as bad as mine, at least).