Interlopers beware. Timberwolves are ridiculous.

MrWolf

BI is also cold, doesn't have really great shelter and loot is low to okay at best.  I mean it's worth it on Interloper just because travel, exploration and narrative, but not much else to counter the TW danger.  However, given it's the only region now with that kind of wolf it is exotic.  (Any of the Orca mythos even moreso!)

The only time it isn’t windy is when it is foggy. Crouching doesn’t always seem to work on timberdemons although I got quite close to a couple.

I didn’t find anything essential and crafting bullets doesn’t feel necessary as, even on stalker settings, you find hundreds of bullets.

Ultimately, it’s optional, or you can switch off the deathwolves in the custom settings.

I'm coming around to the timberwolves in Interloper.  I regret my haste in starting this thread, but there have been some good points and I think the timberwolves need some tweaking.  Staying aggro'd for multiple days is one example.  I ventured back to Bleak Inlet with a previous Interloper character.  I spent around 30 days there and killed maybe 15 timberwolves.  The marine flares help for sure.  I lost quite a few arrows, but many of those were bugs with the carcass falling into or below the snow.  After surviving that, I returned to Mystery Lake and died when I got jumped by a normal wolf.  I'm looking forward to gearing up and giving BI another go.  I think the worst part about BI was the cold... so cold.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2020 at 1:16 AM, MrWolf said:

I'm coming around to the timberwolves in Interloper.  I regret my haste in starting this thread, but there have been some good points and I think the timberwolves need some tweaking.  Staying aggro'd for multiple days is one example.  I ventured back to Bleak Inlet with a previous Interloper character.  I spent around 30 days there and killed maybe 15 timberwolves.  The marine flares help for sure.  I lost quite a few arrows, but many of those were bugs with the carcass falling into or below the snow.  After surviving that, I returned to Mystery Lake and died when I got jumped by a normal wolf.  I'm looking forward to gearing up and giving BI another go.  I think the worst part about BI was the cold... so cold.

Inspired by your post I brought an old friend back to life, Mr Revenant, and brought him down the ravine. He was very keen by the prospect to explore new lands and gather furry furs. Mr Revenant entered the Inlet gently, he drifted in the direction of the tower, constantly gazing for a vantage point, cause "safety before all". He reached the gate of rocks, climbed it's left hand side where he could barely see the tower rising in the distance. And there went the timbertune, "time to goat down to a shelf" Mr Revenant figured. The pack ran around howling and drooling down there below his feet. Mr Revenant took hold of his bow, aimed and fired but missed again and again as the wolves wouldn't stand still for a second. He knew he'd have to be closer to intercept their movement pattern. So he leaned over the edge and found another rock ledge below. He landed with a thud and yes, he could already see the wolves getting closer. He drew his bow once again, aimed for the first frenzied creature that approached him from below. "Wolves cannot make vertical climbs", Mr. Revenant thought. May he rest in Peace.

• Upvote 1

From my time in BI i felt genuine fear for a first time in a while. The addition is nice, but it need some tweaking. Multiple day agro makes sense, kind of. Wolfs shouldn't just say screw it and leave just as you enter a building, these doggies aren't dumb, they see a piece of meat go inside something they will remember. Of course they shouldn't just camp their should be balance, maybe new mechanics to deal with their stalking.