Issue with Aurora Bunker door in Wintermute Episode 2

Oyamat

I've been having this issue for months now, can't go any further. When the aurora starts I can open the hatch and get inside the first room of the bunker, the numpad works and the light turns green but the door is still locked. Sent two bug reports but haven't gotten a reply ever since, hopping it gets fixed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffpeng

Yeah, bugtracker is the way to go. Hinterland sorta-kinda abandoned the forums for actual player feedback. You can have a 5 page thread here, and the only thing they will take notice of is if somebody is using swear words - but not actual issues.

Edited by jeffpeng

• 2 years later...

Update: I tried to reach the Hinterland Support not long after posting here, exchanged a couple of messages until around march 2020 when they asked me to send the save file. Here's the answer 

Thank you, this was exactly what we were looking for. Jumping into your save, there indeed seems to be an issue with the door and keypad. We will add it to our database and investigate further, though we cannot provide a timeline on a resolution. We really appreciate you taking the time to contact us and hope you continue to enjoy The Long Dark.

All the best,

-Hinterland Support

Ever since then still no news regarding the issue, reached them again in october 2021 and no answer to this day.

This is exactly the same story of the interaction I had with my "failed to save bug - insufficient memory". 

After nearly a year the bug remains unfixed and my longest save is unplayable.

They must have a database of scores of bugs currently many of which are very long standing...maybe they simply can't fix them ?

Once the game is split in to two, Wintermute and Survival , then I sadly expect a whole slew of new bugs to be introduced on top of our existing bugs 😩

If the game wasn't my all time favorite I would have moved onward away from TLD but the delay in bug fixing and poor communication is becoming very frustrating now. 

I think many other fans have moved on in the last 6 stale months as the forums are now very quiet. 

Fingers crossed for news and effective bug fixes soon 🙏 🤞

On 10/13/2022 at 11:03 PM, Murpharoo said:

This is exactly the same story of the interaction I had with my "failed to save bug - insufficient memory". 

After nearly a year the bug remains unfixed and my longest save is unplayable.

They must have a database of scores of bugs currently many of which are very long standing...maybe they simply can't fix them ?

Once the game is split in to two, Wintermute and Survival , then I sadly expect a whole slew of new bugs to be introduced on top of our existing bugs 😩

If the game wasn't my all time favorite I would have moved onward away from TLD but the delay in bug fixing and poor communication is becoming very frustrating now. 

I think many other fans have moved on in the last 6 stale months as the forums are now very quiet. 

Fingers crossed for news and effective bug fixes soon 🙏 🤞

At present, we are working on the upcoming Dev Diary, and our major Expansion Pass update. We appreciate your patience. 

Additionally, the save bug is on our radar, and we continue to work toward long-term solutions. Some issues are more complex than others, and we will be sure to share an update as soon as one is available. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2022 at 2:30 AM, Admin said:

At present, we are working on the upcoming Dev Diary, and our major Expansion Pass update. We appreciate your patience. 

Additionally, the save bug is on our radar, and we continue to work toward long-term solutions. Some issues are more complex than others, and we will be sure to share an update as soon as one is available. 

So can anything be done regarding the issue I have ?