Opaque house windows + Lightning wolves attacks = death

Redgis

One of the first things I wondered when I started to play, was : why can't I see through the windows of the houses ? For instance at camp office. This would allow the player to check the weather and the surroundings before stepping out. I guess it is technically possible (e.g. Forestry Lookout). I find this would have two advantages: a better immersion, and avoiding frustrating stupid sudden death when stepping out of a house ^^

Let me explain:

Several times I ended up dead attacked by a wolf right out of a house. It's like the wolf poped at the corner of the house, and you have no chance of turning back and re-enter the house. I guess the wolf was just around and got aggro at the moment I stepped out.

I know there can be wolves around, and I always stay put and silent at the door step looking around, right, left. Despite being as much cautious as I can, I got killed several times like that.

That's frustrating because you know that can happen, and you can't do anything about it, although you make sure you have 100% condition, medecins, and, your rifle if you have one. I mean It's OK if the game is hard, reallistic, but the player should at least have a chance to make it. You shouldn't have the feeling that the game is cheating on you ^^ When I die, I want to say to myself "ok, that was my fault, that decision was wrong, and it lead to my death".

If I was stepping out for real in such an environnement, I would open the door ajar first, very slowly, step slowly out, making sure I can step back inside very quickly. That's why such death just feels stupid and unreallistic to me.

Also, why can't one use any object he has to defend himself. For instance, why can't I equip with the prybar or with the hatchet ?

I almost never go down the stairs infront and from left side of Camp Office.Coz wolf is very often just behind the corner,and he is waiting,especially now,in new update.:-) I rather go on right side,towards lake,and run towards hill.If there is a wolf and he starts chaseing me,I just drop decoy and keep running,or lit torch,stop and hit the wolf with it.:-) But,with decoy can sometimes be tricky,lol.It happened to me once,that instead Beef Jerky my character dropped Stacy"s Soda,haha.I clearly heared wolf stopped for a moment,and after that he continue chasing me,growling like he is pissed off. :lol: Luckly second drop was Beef Jerky and he stopped. :) Man,sometimes I have realy funny situations,lol.

If I see wolf approaching to me from the lake,then I risk and run straight ahead downstairs.But I realy never ever go on left side,or trough back door.That is almost eaquall to suicide,going there. :) And I was never in situation to not be able to turn back inside.You always hear growling first,then yet wolf attacks.Still there is enough time to turn back and escape inside.Of course,you have to be damn fast and must not let panic grabs you. :) Btw,wolf can now climb the stairs,so we are not safe on Office terrace anymore. :( That makes me wonder,if wolf can climb to Lookout stairs,too.Anyone experienced that,in new version?

you should never "stay put and silent" when you exit a building and not look around, but instead blindly run off into the direction you want as soon as you get out. the longer you stay at the door, the closer can a wolf who stalks around the house get. the new farmhouse is great for that purpose, as you are protected and can safely look around on the front porch. there's also rarely any wolves there (haven't encountered one yet)

Hi, today I had two wolf-attacks instantly (at the same frame?) as I left a building. The first one took me down under 50%, the second one was less dramatic. But it feels like the wolf, even if he is right in front of the door, should not attack you that fast. A second and a half plus a bark should be fine.

Archived