The Long Dark Updated - ERRANT PILGRIM [1.64]

Admin

On 12/14/2019 at 2:53 PM, Hawk said:

Well call me impressed and surprised. :o Errant Pilgrim is now available at GoG for PC too. The hotfixes aren't there yet but I'm guessing they'll be along shortly - hopefully. :)

I agree. This is the shortest wait for a TLD update at GoG.

Perhaps it's the Christmas spirit that made them (GoG) being extra quick. I am downloading the Linux release of v1.67 from GoG right now. I am again very pleasantly surprised. :)

Cheers!

On 12/13/2019 at 12:56 AM, odium said:

as excited and appreciative as i am for any update, im not overly thrilled with the direction 'errant pilgrim' took.  personally i was hoping for more improvements to 'improvised' or handmade tools and clothing.  a revamped clothing system that allows more variety in hide choices, repairs across different animal types, modifications that require research or level to achieve, bowdrill, sled etc.  to me, grinding to craft just a few more bullets to kill yet another wolf/deer/bear just isnt that appealing, when the choices of what to do with the hides is relatively limited past 50 ish days when you are well geared up.  imo players enjoy customization, take fallout for example, one of the main attractions is building the player the way you see fit from apparel to weapons to skills, and i believe TLD could benefit from borrowing some of that model.  either way, im very excited to explore the new territory and experience timberwolves for the first time (survival only player)!  and a closing question, what can be crafted with timberwolf pelts? 

TW pelts are just 'wolf' pelts like normal, so no new crafting options.  main difference I've noticed is they seem to be on average a bit bigger than 'classic' wolves- so more meat but the trade off is a hassle to harvest if the rest of the pack is lurking...

• Like 1

It's confirmed - cartridges and firearm cleaning kits doesn't spawn when Baseline resource availability is set to "Low"(Medium or higher works as usual) but rifle and revolver are enabled in Custom mode. I've reported this issue to their support, hope it will be fixed soon because I really like Custom mode with hard settings but with firearms to able to use new craft mechanics.

Edited by Hestonworld

Two issues I've spotted since 1.64:

1) While cooking in the PV Farmhouse in Survival during the day, the lighting suddenly flipped to night mode.  I went outside and double-checked that it was still very much daytime (around noon actually) and returned inside.  Lighting in the house was still dark (as at night dark, not daytime dark).  Situation did not correct until after I exited the game and reloaded the save.

2) Sound (not just music) is still completely cutting out for me on occasion even after Hotfix 1.67.  This sitution also does not correct until after exiting the game and reloading the save.  I'm on an Xbox One.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:30 PM, Hawk said:

Yea, I got the 1.67 patch for PC this morning too. Very surprised and impressed. :)

I hope this is something they [GoG] continue to do.

Wow, I'm, impressed too. That's very fast. I think they've been this quick once before though.
But yeah pretty impressive. I'm happy with it! :D

Another issue:  The stove bug is back (at least in Trapper's cabin).  I've tested it twice now.  I have 2 pieces of venison, each weighing 1 kg and 2 cooking pots.  I put the venison in the pots and the UI as I'm doing it says that the venison will take 45 minutes to cook.  A moment later, I check the pieces of venison and one of them will say that it has 53 minutes remaining and the other says that it has 41 minutes remaining.  The one adding time has appeared on both the right and left burners (i.e. the problem switched burners after I quite the game, reloaded, and starting the cooking sequence again).  I used this stove earlier in the playthrough (yesterday) and it was working correctly.  No updates downloaded in between, so I'm really not sure what has triggered it.  Right now, reloading is not correcting the problem... it's just causing it to randomly change burners.

6 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Another issue:  The stove bug is back (at least in Trapper's cabin).  I've tested it twice now.  I have 2 pieces of venison, each weighing 1 kg and 2 cooking pots.  I put the venison in the pots and the UI as I'm doing it says that the venison will take 45 minutes to cook.  A moment later, I check the pieces of venison and one of them will say that it has 53 minutes remaining and the other says that it has 41 minutes remaining.  The one adding time has appeared on both the right and left burners (i.e. the problem switched burners after I quite the game, reloaded, and starting the cooking sequence again).  I used this stove earlier in the playthrough (yesterday) and it was working correctly.  No updates downloaded in between, so I'm really not sure what has triggered it.  Right now, reloading is not correcting the problem... it's just causing it to randomly change burners.

Submitted a bug report?

12 hours ago, Smiley said:

What does that mean by exactly? I haven't played in a while and my terminology with this sort of stuff isn't the best.

By rings they meant player created fires with the ring of stones. Snow shelters can be recycled too. 

Basically you are able to clean up badly placed fires and shelters. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

By rings they meant player created fires with the ring of stones. Snow shelters can be recycled too. 

Basically you are able to clean up badly placed fires and shelters. 

Ooh, thank you for explaining it to me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
20 hours ago, LessliRose said:

What was wrong with "tea" crafting?

I don't if you have been playing the long dark for a long time and just now joined the forums but, hundreds of camp fires sitting there for ever starts getting to you after awhile. Also I think that since birch bark is infinite making it where you can survive forever in a small area is overpowered.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:48 AM, RegentRelic said:

I don't if you have been playing the long dark for a long time and just now joined the forums but, hundreds of camp fires sitting there for ever starts getting to you after awhile. Also I think that since birch bark is infinite making it where you can survive forever in a small area is overpowered.

May I ask where that much birch bark spawns? I would love to know for my game with sleep regen off.

2 hours ago, odizzido said:

May I ask where that much birch bark spawns? I would love to know for my game with sleep regen off.

From my experience, the most I've found concentrated in an area is: The Ravine, PV - around Lonely Homestead and FM - Marsh Ridge.  I'm sure there's others.

• Admin unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic