Airplane Food

MrsHoneypot

i like the idea of more aurora activated items whatever they maybe even if it is just for fun or immersion

11 minutes ago, StoneyWolf said:

Why post in a thread just to say people ideas are useless?

some people bash things they don't like but yes they could have left the last part out of their comment

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

Sorry, that’s my opinion. It’s subjective, sure, but these “enhancements” would be useless to me and my gameplay.

Forums are places where people voice their opinions.

-t

I don't think that was the issue of course you should voice your opinion but the last part of your comment wasn't necessary you singled out an individual idea to call it useless of course people are going to respond to that.

Its all good i'm not mad or trying to argue or anything like that im just saying.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 3:05 AM, jeffpeng said:

Everything you can do and interact with actually has a purpose and a use case, except for famous development artifacts like the car batteries or the car visors.

So I'm guessing that your engineer's soul must feel a little less itchy, now that batteries serve a purpose.

Also, apropos to the discussion about just how much power the aurora can supply, now we know it can power a milling machine, which is certainly equivalent to quite a few light bulbs.

Guest jeffpeng
4 hours ago, JAFO said:

So I'm guessing that your engineer's soul must feel a little less itchy, now that batteries serve a purpose.

It does!

4 hours ago, JAFO said:

Also, apropos to the discussion about just how much power the aurora can supply, now we know it can power a milling machine, which is certainly equivalent to quite a few light bulbs.

Technically ... a steady electromagnetic pulse could supply almost infinte amounts of power as long as you have properly aligned conductive coils. Probably not the most feasible way to produce electricity, but it's conceivable. The biggest problem with that is that you would get unbalanced, alternating currents that do not adhere to things like properly shifted phases and frequencies and such. You'd see powerlines sparkle all over the place, and all but the most simple devices would certainly break.

To put this into the game lore .... with the carter dam apparently still connected to the grid and the generators that have very big coils .... this could indeed produce power. Not suitable for electronics, which pretty much all do AC/DC conversion and as such rely on steady pulse and voltages, but devices directly operating off AC, like a drill, could .... technically.... work. Somewhat. Also simple light bulbs, as we see in the game. Same would go for electric stoves and even fridges to some extend. Radios ..... that's where it gets a bit sketchy, and certainly not electronic control panels to tell elevators where to go.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:05 AM, jeffpeng said:

Also aurora activated TV clips seem like a genuinely good idea to me. Like some random ad playing, and then a few scenes from a random 3am Twin Peaks rerun. I'd dig that.

So you know the intro to hinterlands The long dark retail release trail. With the two trappers building snow shelter I believe it was. The whole thing was black and white with a camera from 1910. Well if on the T.Vs stuff like that showed that were just sort of entertaining and fun but also told players that certainty things were mechanics. It would be rare so it wouldn't help new plays to much but it would help players that have been playing for awhile that just haven't noticed something before. For example I hadn't noticed that snow shelters weren't or were a thing until I found one in hushed river valley. You could also find information videos in the world like you do research books but, instead of reading them pop them into a T.V during the aroura and gain experience points.

• Upvote 2