New Animals Ideas (Beavers and rats)

BossDeveault

I think it would be nice to add beavers and rats(let me explain first). The beaver has already been mentioned by others but I wanted to share my vision on how it could be implemented in the game.

First, the rat. It's simple. You can place small traps in indoors to catch them and when cooked, gives about 150-250 calories. It could save your life if stuck inside with a monster blizzard outside and no food.

Finally, the beaver. There would be dams across the maps. You can get firewood from it and you can dig a hole thru the nest to have access to the water and be able to fish. It would be really useful in areas were there is no fishing hut. Beavers will rarely spawn (They would be as rare as the moose but would spawn as a family of two or three and rarely four). They will defend themselves if attacked (pretty mutch the same way as timberwolfs) or if approached too close. You can catch them with snares but there is a high chance of it being broken. They can be scared by throwing rocks but not stunned. When they are killed, they give about 4.5 to 6.5 kg of meat, 4 guts, a beaver tail witch can be used as a wetstone and a hide that can be used to craft a new accessory: the beaverskin poncho. It cost 6 beavers hide(Im not shure if the number is balanced. Let me no what you think) and 5 guts. It has 1 degree of warmth, 8 degrees of windproof less mobility and 100% dryness. But it is really fragile. It covers the head, torso and a part of the legs. Since it doesn't cover all the legs, it just gives a 25% dryness bonus. It would be really nice tool to help when a surprise blizzard hits and you have no choice but to make an igloo.

Edit: Let me clarify the 8 degrees windproof. The game only counts the windproof value of the outer layers and the poncho covers the head and the torso so it counts for the two of them.

Main_Beaver_ibook_Layered_efcw46.thumb.jpg.c6cfb8dad77b1fe1196c06f5f151604a.jpg305620_screenshots_20161223101051_1.thumb.jpg.c727eed59a5e065582e15d8959cd3d7f.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I think you might find mice in the houses ,but rats are a good idea.If rats are available in certain places and not everywhere. For example, a whaling station or a store.  Think for their capture of little one trap, need a bait. You can use spoiled meat.К тому же крысы могут портить ваши вещи.  Rats can be on the street. This may explain the presence of wolves in the town . Wolves can hunt rats and eat them.

If there are these conditions ,the rats may well have a place in the game.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RegentRelic said:

Why did you feel like only Russian speakers deserve to know that you think rats should ruin your stuff.

sorry. When I was translating, I accidentally copied the wrong text. It's my inattention. Because of it, I often forget the right things in the game)))