Forlorn Muskeg Poachers Camp tree change

eric4x4

I did say I wish there was an alternative to the strats of perching or finding a retreat spot, but it's actually not terrible unless it's just too watered down.  I mean there's some strat to finding the locations which give you that opportunity.  I don't think it's a killer overall to have this in the game and as it's been pointed out, the pathfinding implementation almost makes it necessary, but there's other ways to balance it in terms of bear behavior and spawn locations/variability.  I think what  could make it potentially unsatisfying is if there are too many easy locations to get these potshots together with being able to lead the bear to them with their current behavior mechanic and no other impugning circumstances (weather, wolves, etc). 

It might be fun to add some variability to when the bear follows vs charges (some more aggressive bears) and  maybe further increase the random spawn setup.  I love the how in certain regions the game will randomize the bear spawns like in Mystery Lake.  And as I said, decrease must maybe the occurrences of readymade bear killing spots.  I think this may have been what happened with the train car, but all they did here was remove a perch, but the retreat strat is still there to take its place.  It's pretty difficult though given the amount of perch/retreat locations and all the possible paths for the bears.  Would be difficult to balance.

• Like 2