Xbox - will I lose saves and feats if I reinstall ?

Murpharoo

On Xbox One X.

My 440 day run now crashes every time if try to enter Coastal Highway (from the PV mine or the Ravine). It seemed to start after the Lost and Found Boxes were added.

I'm planning to reinstall but if I reinstall the game will I lose my saves and feats ?

Had a similar problem on xboxone. My old save (+215 days on stalker, prepared to live forever; )) crashes when I try to leave TM. Happens since the e3 update. By reinstalling the game I kept my saves, but  lost all feats that I did not use in this saves. All badges gone too. And the game still crashes. 

Your saves should be saved in the cloud and all active feats with them, as long as youre playing online. But everything that is only saved on your console respectivly not activated in your saves will probably be lost. And in my case, reinstalling did not fix the problem. Only way to keep on playing was to start a new save. Nonetheless, good luck! 

• Upvote 1

Thanks @Wolven. Just not sure I'm brave enough to reinstall in case 440 days worth of effort is lost 😬.

So many bugs currently. My favourite game is losing its shine especially when 1000's of my carefully placed items across the whole game world were amalgamated in to a few Lost and Found Boxes 😖

Edited by Murpharoo
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Murpharoo said:

Thanks @Wolven. Just not sure I'm brave enough to reinstall in case 440 days worth of effort is lost 😬.

So many bugs currently. My favourite game is losing its shine especially when 1000's of my carefully placed items across the whole game world were amalgamated in to a few Lost and Found Boxes 😖

Yeah. All the bases I'd set up in caves scattered across the island, all are now deathtraps if I assume I can run there for succor. While losing the meat (disappears in the box because zero condition) was bad, it's the loss of the firewood (some of my boxes have over a hundred kilos of wood in them!) that'll be deadly if I run for one in a blizzard.

I understand why they did it, but... man. I'd be far better off if I'd just lost the stuff I'd stashed near what is now Thompson's Crossing.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng

I must agree that "lost and found" turned into a bit of "we'll lose it and you'll find it". Goes along with the overall "quality" of the game having degraded quite a bit. Hard to put a finger on it, but I personally feel that this is a trend that was been going on since the Redux update. I really do appreciate new content, but I personally would love to see an update titled "Fierce Refactorer" or "Merciless Quality Tester". I know not all of the problems of the current game are Hinterlands fault, but that doesn't change the fact that they are in the game now when they weren't with, for example, Vigilant Flame.