Upcoming Dec. Update Conversations

Hello all. Long time player and poster, and I know I've stated this before, but is anyone else concerned with, for lack of a better word, the game becoming "over-developed"? I personally believe Survival Mode is amazing and perfect as is (Can always add more Regions tho of course). I just think its already a perfect game. One that is easy to learn (thru trial and error sometimes) but hard to master. Again, like I said, Ive had fears of this with past updates, but have always been pleasantly surprised. Does anyone else have these fears? Like, if they could or wanted to make it and ultra realistic looking game rather than the gorgeous cel shaded art style we all love (I know that wont happen, just a hypothetical). It sometimes feels like I'm sending my son (dont have one, but thats how much I fuggin LOVE this game) off to some place and he'll return completely different. Anyone else kinda worry like that? Also, I really hope they get 1st person clothing in soon. Seems like something that should be here and done by now. But as always, I do have faith in Raph and the entire Hinterland team :) I think I just worry about it cuz it is my favorite game.

Your concerns are completely valid. We are all pretty attached to this game. 

Sound is getting pretty disorganized. New systems and mechanics have all benefited the game so far. Occasionally a system temporarily messes things up before they are tweaked through player feedback. The new cooking activity comes to mind. That said, the devs are really good at adding layers to the game without destabilizing its core. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...