Admin

DEV DIARY – NOVEMBER 2019

2 hours ago, Drifter Man said:

I've become one of those who only leave their cabin around major survival mode updates...

Many great minds condiered geniusses became mythical, immortal beings only after they reclused themselfes hermits, like Syd Barrett, Bobby Fisher or Elvis (yes, Elvis).

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Many great minds condiered geniusses became mythical, immortal beings only after they reclused themselfes hermits, like Syd Barrett, Bobby Fisher or Elvis (yes, Elvis).

... or Sasquatch :D

• Like 1

@Drifter Man Aye, I'm not plowing in the hours like I used to either. I'm looking forward to what we've got coming up though. I can see myself hammering in a couple hundred pretty easy as I really learn the new region (and more strongly familiarize myself with the new stuff in PV in survival).

I've been winding my slow way through Wintermute. I didn't do redux, so I'm doing the whole thing. However, I'm busy enough lately that I'm having a hard time getting the free hours in to plow my way through.

At any rate, I can hardly wait for the new update. It's going to be fun fun fun.

Edited by stratvox

23 hours ago, Drifter Man said:

... or Sasquatch :D

.... living in Three Way Cave.

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2019 at 11:13 AM, Drifter Man said:

What? An impossible, unfair, monster challenge? Yes please! :)

YES!😁

Okay... I'm stoked!

That machinery... is it for crafting ammo, I wonder?

Edited by GothSkunk

On 12/8/2019 at 3:49 AM, stratvox said:

At any rate, I can hardly wait for the new update. It's going to be fun fun fun.

It is is is!

I also go through phases - sometimes I play TLD a lot and then I just take a break - but It's practically the only game I've been playing for the past 4 years. I haven't finished Wintermute though. I started twice or three times, but it never made me come back.

..wonders if there will be a new custom setting for Timberwolves or will they piggy-back off the wolf setting...?

• Like 1

@Drifter Man Am I mistaken or did you basically invent, or at least bring to fame, the deadman challenge? If I'm not mistaken WOW, what a cool honor.  Dude well done!   If I am mistaken you still had an important role, IMHO, in bringing the idea into the game. 

(Apologies I haven't followed the news about the upcoming update here very well but I recall reading your deadman challenges while biting my nails ... loved them.)

Edited by Doc Gonzo

9 hours ago, Drifter Man said:

It is is is!

I also go through phases - sometimes I play TLD a lot and then I just take a break - but It's practically the only game I've been playing for the past 4 years. I haven't finished Wintermute though. I started twice or three times, but it never made me come back.

Yeah. I've been finding the redux to be much better; I reckon I'm about two-thirds of the way through Ep. 2. I am going to continue, but it is a bit of a slog. I do have high expectations for the cave bear encounter, though. Given the good things I've heard about Ep. 3 I'm also looking forward to checking that out.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to firing up my long run guy and heading to the new region to check it out. If it's possible to use the milling machine to rescue hatchets and knives that's a big deal, though in a way it's not so great wrt Voyageur. As a way to possibly introduce knives, hatchets, rifles, and revolvers to Interloper it's ... interesting.

13 hours ago, Doc Gonzo said:

@Drifter Man Am I mistaken or did you basically invent, or at least bring to fame, the deadman challenge? If I'm not mistaken WOW, what a cool honor.  Dude well done!   If I am mistaken you still had an important role, IMHO, in bringing the idea into the game. 

(Apologies I haven't followed the news about the upcoming update here very well but I recall reading your deadman challenges while biting my nails ... loved them.)

The honor is @Kinnasmash's, I believe, who created the challenge for a group of streamers. Definitely not mine! But great to hear you liked my stories!

• Upvote 1