Add more base building mechanics or storage to snow shelters

Wolfboi

Hey you should add the ability to make small bases in areas or add storage to the snow shelter maybe even larger huts than the snow shelter should be added but take crafted materials that are harder to obtain but not allow you to get attacked unlike the snowshelter

• 2 weeks later...

I was initially against the idea of having build-able houses, since I didn't think it would fit the theme of TLD, but the other day I stumbled across a Russian streamer who was using place anywhere mods to build tents and other objects. They looked absolutely incredible and fit the game wonderfully. Here is an example of one of his builds.

This completely changed my mind about making structures in TLD, I'm now all for being able to create tents and stuff like that, it would have to be fairly resource-heavy though. 

• Like 1

@Wolfboi

I think the structures and shelters of each region are all very deliberately placed.  I think it would take away a lot form this game to be able to build wherever a player wanted.  I don't think the snow shelter was ever meant to be permanent in any way (I think that's why we have caves), so I feel it would be still more detracting by giving a player such easy shelter and convent storage.

I'm all for better "internal customization" for indoor areas of structures/shelters, but I do not like the idea of us being able to build all over the place.  I think it would ruin the very careful level design of each region.

:coffee::fire:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1