Sign in to follow this  
DustyDogFood

(SPOILERS) Help! I’ve been stuck on this for a week...

As I’ve mentioned before I’m not the most experienced player in TLD, so I need a bit of help. I’m at the end of episode three in the mines and I cannot, for the life of me, find the bolt cutters. Is anyone able to tell me where that are located because I have looked everywhere for those suckers.

@DustyDogFood It's in the same general area where you have to find the fuses. The area where the Bolt Cutters is - is partly flooded I believe, so you will have to remove the fuses so you won't get zapped.

Edited by kristaok

Starting from the locked gate, turn around so that the gate is immediately behind you.  Take the path to the right.  You will cross some boards over the electrified water, then down a small tunnel.  The tunnel leads you to a small chamber, where one of the fuses can be found. In this chamber you will see another electrified pond with two steel drums floating in it.  A short path to the right of these steel drums leads you to the bolt cutters and a corpse.

screen_0abfe2a5-7ca7-48cd-8f06-b0617fc3bfaf_hi.png

• Like 2

@kristaok I have played Episode 3 three times now and not once did I ever have to step into water even for a second. There is no situation in which you need to take out any fuse to get somewhere without getting zapped. There are always paths around or other tunnels you could take or boards you can walk on. Don't get cold feet for nothing gurl. 😊

The bolt cutters are just tucked into a little corner that your eye wont necessarily go to immediately, next to a corpse. I also searched for them at length for one simple reason: I thought the little antechamber with the locked gate was a dead end. I simply did not realize that another tunnel was going out of that chamber. Once I found and followed it, you couldn't miss those darn cutters.