Making a video for customer support

Sceh

I recently submitted a bug report concerning bear behaviour. When I spook a bear in Pilgrim mode and it runs away it also starts making that heartbreaking crying noise as usual. When it's gotten far enough away from me it stops running and resumes its usual patrol route, but for some reason it won't stop crying. So I have to listen to this mournful wailing when I already feel bad that i scared my bearbro.

Customer support got back to me saying they couldn't replicate the issue on a numer of maps and asked me if I could make a video of this behaviour. 

1. Does anyone else have this issue? I faintly remember someone mentioning it in another thread somewhere.

2. I am not tech savvy by any means and have no clue about how to make this video. Are there programs or tools that I can use? I really don't want to resort to taking a potato quality video of my monitor (dust, finger smudges and all included) with my cheap ass phone cam.

Thanks for any comments!

Guest jeffpeng
43 minutes ago, Sceh said:

but for some reason it won't stop crying

Wow you probably really scared that bear. :D

On a serious note:

Try OBS Studio. The wizard should setup everything you need to be able to record video. Then a bit of looking an clicking around, and you should be able to capture your game realtively easy. It's available for PC Windows, PC Linux, and MacOS. It's also free and being the defacto standard to record game video you should find all the information you need on the interwebs.

I had not exactly this one. But simillar one. I heard bear noises when I was carving his body. I shot him down with luck of crit. Time was nice so I started to harvest meat, skin and everything. When I was done, I was terrified by the sound of bear. I though another one came to have revenge. But no. The sound of bear walking snorting... was on place where he dropped dead.

I did not report this one. It was creepy, but it fits to the long lonelliness. One can start hearing things.

Not sure if the sound was gone after save or next day.

• Upvote 1

If you're using Windows 10, you can use the built-in Game Bar to record.  Press Win-Alt-R to start or stop recording.  You can also use the GUI in the Game Overlay, by hitting Win-G.

If this doesn't work, check to confirm that you have the Game Bar enabled.  Hit Start, click the Settings cogwheel, then choose the Gaming group.  The Game Bar settings are in there.

If you're not using Windows 10...As was stated OBS Studio is a free download.

• Like 2