Dum_Gen

December Survival Mode update teaser

Recommended Posts

That's....not saying much. Apparently it's not what I think it is, but I think they are going to add that graphic to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New survival mode difficulty option??? official Deadman mode icon maybe... 

Edited by stay puft
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally beeing allowed to bury the dead bodies We find ? 

I sometimes wish it was possible to remove the corps lying in some houses.... 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grunt said:

I sometimes wish it was possible to remove the corps lying in some houses....

:coffee::fire:

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:38 AM, ManicManiac said:

I tend to think them as extra storage containers.  I know that seems a bit macabre, but since we can't move other small containers to where we might like to have the extra "storage" (I mean beyond just dropping things on the ground indoors or outside)... they do come in handy as containers.  :) 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(of all theories) Perhaps... however, I would urge against too much speculation (especially at this early stage when we only have one point of data to consider).

After all, expectation is the first step towards disappointment.  All too often folks in the community become supremely venomous when Hinterland doesn't live up to their imagined expectations.

It's great to theorize, but I urge folks not to put too much stock in the theories.  Better, I think, to just wait and see. :) 
 

:coffee::fire:
to be clear, I'm not opposed to theorizing... I love it in fact.  However, I've also been among this community long enough to know that some get super butt-hurt after nearly every update due to mismanaged expectations.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad warning and I agree with the sentiment to some degree, but if people get disappointed from an expectation not met from a single super vague piece of concept art then it will be a new low.  That said, people usually do surprise in that way.

However, I think speculation is fine - Raph invited it.  And he purposely made it vague due to the reasons you gave.  So it's fine to have a bit of fun.  For most of us, anything they give out or change is just gravy at this point.  The game has been great to me thus far and I while I'm hopeful for more great stuff, I'm not expectant.

Expectation can create toxicity by some, but we shouldn't deal with toxicity or potential toxicity by extinguishing all enjoyment or running from it. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dbmurph22 said:

However, I think speculation is fine - Raph invited it.

And I agree, speculation is fine and wonderful.  As I said I'm all for it... I'm was just offering a word of caution, because the volume of vitriol is always exhausting every time an update drops. :D 

I love all the theorizing and speculation, I was just hoping to remind folks (no one in particular, and more for folks who might be reading it later) to take it with a grain of salt - that's all I meant.
 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear I posted something on here earlier but maybe I didn't press "send". 

I'm not sure what is meant by, "not what you think" is there something I should automatically think it is?

 

My fun speculations:

Official Implementation of the Deadman challenge? @stay puft beat me to it. My reasoning is because the developers seemed to think Interloper isn't as difficult as they wanted it to be due to people surviving ridiculous amounts of time on it. 

It reminds me of the cross to the Thompson's Crossing's basement. I don't want to go down there... Maybe you deposit bodies there and that's how you get rid of them?

 Dark soul's like multiplayer where you see other people's graves? Or maybe just your own previous ones. This is a VERY far fetched idea but it's the only way I see multiplayer working.

Broken bear spear? The hunted Part 3?

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

And I agree, speculation is fine and wonderful.  As I said I'm all for it... I'm was just offering a word of caution, because the volume of vitriol is always exhausting every time an update drops. :D 

I love all the theorizing and speculation, I was just hoping to remind folks (no one in particular, and more for folks who might be reading it later) to take it with a grain of salt - that's all I meant.
 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

It's all good.  I agree.  I hope there's less backlash with the new update that always accompanies the positive responses!   Cross our fingers....(or cross our reclaimed wood as you see above :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be my crazy mind but try this,  Start up TLD press pause and look to the left regardless of your difficulty you'll see an icon and it looks like this icon would fit right in place, or it looks like one of the challenge icons... 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

Official Implementation of the Deadman challenge? @stay puft beat me to it.

Sorry about that 😜

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stay puft said:

This might be my crazy mind but try this,  Start up TLD press pause and look to the left regardless of your difficulty you'll see an icon and it looks like this icon would fit right in place, or it looks like one of the challenge icons... 

It's roughly the same style and square. The only issue I noticed is that the cross has much more shading and interior detail than the other icons. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

It's roughly the same style and square. The only issue I noticed is that the cross has much more shading and interior detail than the other icons. 

true... but that shading and detail could be added to throw us off possibly

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, stay puft said:

This might be my crazy mind but try this,  Start up TLD press pause and look to the left regardless of your difficulty you'll see an icon and it looks like this icon would fit right in place, or it looks like one of the challenge icons... 

Thats what it looks like to me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see it being a new challenge or difficulty level icon.

I tend to think it would not be officially Deadman though because while the Deadman settings are from the game (ie not a mod), I'm not sure they would re-use something the community already has given a name.  Plus other changes in the survival will affect current Deadman, I'm sure.

I do think they do want to end your 3000 day interloper runs though, puft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dbmurph22 said:

I could see it being a new challenge or difficulty level icon.

I tend to think it would not be officially Deadman though because while the Deadman settings are from the game (ie not a mod), I'm not sure they would re-use something the community already has given a name.  Plus other changes in the survival will affect current Deadman, I'm sure.

I do think they do want to end your 3000 day interloper runs though, puft.

Ya I could be wrong thats just what I see... can't wait to find out.

They might not use the "fan" made Deadman settings but their own official version of it.

I really hope they don't want to stop my runs I play interloper because it's the most relaxing for me not because its hard stalker is too easy and not fun, If they make interloper super hard then what mode do experienced people play if they just want to relax and have fun without it being to easy? this is why a new harder difficulty would be better imo it would give experienced players a challenge without taking the mode they like away

Edited by stay puft
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too.  

Yeah it would be nice if it was a difficulty setting to add a mode rather than replace Interloper.  However, it does seem like some Interloper cornerstones are not guaranteed a long existence themselves.  We've already see the baiting get attention (though the current replacement in some ways can be easier).  I've seen whiffs of things like wolf patrol route knowledge, the meat preservation (as I mentioned), and the cooking 5 perk get the side eye to some degree.  Maybe if they get tweaked there could be options in the custom settings for what's changed.  We'll see what happens.  The unpredictability makes it more fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like a skill icon, IMO. Maybe related to struggling with wolves or even bears (using bear spear, which have resembling piece of cloth).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stay puft said:

This might be my crazy mind but try this,  Start up TLD press pause and look to the left regardless of your difficulty you'll see an icon and it looks like this icon would fit right in place, or it looks like one of the challenge icons... 

It also looks like the icons for achievements.  Not too hyped for a new Experience Mode, myself, but my Loper-loving Husband and daughter do enjoy dying in multiple horrific ways in vanilla Loper, and a variety of custom Loper games. So they would love it if DMC or something similar was added as a new vanilla mode. Survive one day in DMC, new achievement as well?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, stay puft said:

If they make interloper super hard then what mode do experienced people play if they just want to relax and have fun without it being to easy?

I 100% agree

I'm nowhere near 3000 days and I don't think most people are and to make interloper way harder then it is now just to punish people like @stay puft would ruin all my fun unless they follow suit and beef up stalker but then stalker players would be mad, I think the only fair way to stop everlasting runs is to create a new difficulty mode similar to Deadman. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, stay puft said:

They might not use the "fan" made Deadman settings but their own official version of it.

Thats what I'm hoping, some unique new twist added like interloper's "no tools" did way back when it was introduced.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's clearly a sword. We'll finally get melee combat in TLD. If not I'll be disappointed and blame @ManicManiac for it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now