Gaiters

musrass

I think gaiters would be an excellent addition to the (rather disappointingly small) selection of accessories in the game. I imagine them giving a small boost to mobility, maybe even warmth – but mainly mobility since no other clothing item does that. And it would be great if there was a craftable variant...

32 minutes ago, musrass said:

I think gaiters would be an excellent addition to the (rather disappointingly small) selection of accessories in the game. I imagine them giving a small boost to mobility, maybe even warmth – but mainly mobility since no other clothing item does that. And it would be great if there was a craftable variant...

That's not really what gaiters do.  They're to protect your legs from underbrush or from damage by your own cleats.  Gaiters would be primarily a defensive item, to provide some additional damage resistance.  If you wanted something that adds a mobility boost, snowshoes would make more sense.  According to some experiments I did last year, you move 16% faster when walking on paved roads vs. any other terrain.   Having snowshoes equipped could impart this movement bonus on any terrain.