all animal hitboxes seemed to have changed not just rabbits.

TheUnknown

Ok Ya i noticed hitting rabbits became a tad bit more harder no matter the means but has the hti box changed for all of the animals in game? I was just walking around with the rifle on coastal highway and saw a wolf off in the distance. Just say screw it and fired and i hit and killed it far enough away that it was a spec? same with a deer at best i hit its antler yet it dropped dead and with a bear well hard to miss a bear but i somehow managed to hit it with an accidental revolver discharge. either i found heat seeking 1 shot ammo or animals are way to easy to kill and the hit boxes have gotten bigger.

anyone else exeperince this as well? or am i just going more crazy?

i might be getting better with learning how to get the perfect angle on shots and getting better with the sway and such but i dont think i can ever be drop a gun bullet goes all around the world and kills a wolf thats about to pounce kind of good. But thanks for the vote of confindence ^.^

I have not played Survival mode since Ep. 3 came out, so my experience is only with how Ep. 3 feels different than Ep. 1 & 2, and how it compares to Survival Mode (where I’m level 5 on all skills).

- rabbits are impossible to hit with rocks. I used to have a 75% hit rate, and it dropped to 0 in Ep. 3. I don’t think skills influence rabbit hit rate in Survival. Am I wrong ?

- deer seem to be more shy, skittish. I used to be able to get much closer to them before shooting. Now, they seem to detect you from a much greater distance and run off. Didn’t spend much time hunting in Ep. 3, so I’ll have to see how this translates back to Survival.

- Not sure yet how the changed wolf bait behavior will influence killing wolves. It used to be way to easy. I wonder if part of balancing killing wolves was to close the bait & kill loophole, but make the hit boxes bigger.

-t

I find it easier to hit rabbits with the stones than the revolver, i wasted 10 shots on one rabbit vs 4 misses with a stone.

Doesnt help that the rabbits seem to be semi sunken into the snow now. 

Anyone else messed up by how long it takes to fire the revolver after the aiming animation is complete? Flare gun too. 

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:30 PM, turtle777 said:

- rabbits are impossible to hit with rocks.

It's not impossible, but it does require careful aim once again.  It seems the hitbox for rabbits has gotten smaller.  It feels like it's closer to what it was before the Redux update when the rabbit hunting was (at least I considered it) severely Nerfed.  Since Redux... I've had stones that never even made contact with the rabbit, but they would get stunned anyways.  It felt really cheap to me.  Having to take careful aim again is a very welcomed change for me.

As for other animals... I haven't noticed any difference yet. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

I didn't try in survival mode yet but in story mode (hardened survivor) hitting rabbits with stones is still easy as usual. Crouch, approach from the side, get super close since rabbits have a small detection range when you're crouched, aim and shoot.

I didn't notice any difference since last time I played to be honest, it's always ridiculously easy.

Edited by Kaisentlaia