The battle for survival is tough

Denyo

First few days,when update came out,I said the game didn"t become too tough.I had no hard times to deal with wildlife and nature.But,that was probably coz I already survived 70+ days in my game,when update came out.I guess I was hardened in dealing with nature obstacles and fighting with wolves.I guess,when you got experience fighting with wolves and when you have good clothes and your condition is all the time on top form,you can easy deal with new AI of wildlife.

But,then I died from wolves and had to start new game.Then I changed my mind. :) Survival now is realy hard,even in Voyageur mode.From start character is weak and lacking of food,water,condition all the time,so he has harder times to deal with wildlife.Wolves can easyly take you down,when you are on beginning of your game.I know that,coz before I survived three games 37-58-and 81 days in a row easyly.Now,my best survival is 10 days,lol.And I started each time in CH area.

I will now start in Mystery Lake and then-hardened-travel to CH map.

I don"t say,it is too hard now to survive.It is probably just,that my actions and thinking was the same as before update and I took all too easy,so I was doing mistakes,which costed my life.Yes,now we must realy play very carefull,every decision,every step must be well planned,coz nature will punish our mistakes on hardest way.Looking all the time arround,having our eyes on the back.

And I like,that surviving is now harder.Realy...many players could survive 300 and more days.And even on Stalker.That was not challenging at all and...let us admit-it was realy to easy to survive,don"t you agree? So,let us not cry,how tough and hard it is,but instead just deal with it.Ok,it is a game and every game is competetative.But,first we must think about our surviving,then yet about competition and leaderboards.My opinion is,that TLD is about surviving,it is not run on 100m athletic event.You know,what I wanna say? And,surviving is tough.It is hard.It should be hard.If we would be in real life wilderness,fighting for our bare survival...if we would seat down and cry,that it is too hard...then we are soon dead meat. :)

So,again...yes,it is very hard to survive,even in Voyageur.But,keep in mind,that only strongest ones will survive.Strong will and caution,and listen to the nature,think twice before you do any action...that will harden you.And,most of all...don`t drop down like bag of sand and just give up on your survival destiny. :) Fight your way trough!! :)

And,if this is still too hard for you,then,sorry,but...go play FarmVille then. :D :lol:

I really like your attitude and utterly agree to it. :)

But being a biologist, I have to correct one aspect - It's not the strongest that survive, but rather the most adaptive. ;)

Amusingly, I have the feeling that this is also true for this game. With V1.92 some "unwritten rules" have changed (e.g. agression distances) and people imho mainly have problems as they need to learn the "new" rules.

As soon as you start to adapt - that is play way more carefully, not carry around meat (and probably some more aspects I haven't figured out myself yet) you'll make it. :)

I really like your attitude and utterly agree to it. :)

But being a biologist, I have to correct one aspect - It's not the strongest that survive, but rather the most adaptive. ;)

Amusingly, I have the feeling that this is also true for this game. With V1.92 some "unwritten rules" have changed (e.g. agression distances) and people imho mainly have problems as they need to learn the "new" rules.

As soon as you start to adapt - that is play way more carefully, not carry around meat (and probably some more aspects I haven't figured out myself yet) you'll make it. :)

Exactly. :) That is wholle point of survival.To be able to adapt to changes and consume informations from sorroundings,using them for your own good. :)

First few days,when update came out,I said the game didn"t become too tough.I had no hard times to deal with wildlife and nature.But,that was probably coz I already survived 70+ days in my game,when update came out.I guess I was hardened in dealing with nature obstacles and fighting with wolves.I guess,when you got experience fighting with wolves and when you have good clothes and your condition is all the time on top form,you can easy deal with new AI of wildlife.

But,then I died from wolves and had to start new game.Then I changed my mind. :) Survival now is realy hard,even in Voyageur mode.From start character is weak and lacking of food,water,condition all the time,so he has harder times to deal with wildlife.Wolves can easyly take you down,when you are on beginning of your game.I know that,coz before I survived three games 37-58-and 81 days in a row easyly.Now,my best survival is 10 days,lol.And I started each time in CH area.

I will now start in Mystery Lake and then-hardened-travel to CH map.

I don"t say,it is too hard now to survive.It is probably just,that my actions and thinking was the same as before update and I took all too easy,so I was doing mistakes,which costed my life.Yes,now we must realy play very carefull,every decision,every step must be well planned,coz nature will punish our mistakes on hardest way.Looking all the time arround,having our eyes on the back.

And I like,that surviving is now harder.Realy...many players could survive 300 and more days.And even on Stalker.That was not challenging at all and...let us admit-it was realy to easy to survive,don"t you agree? So,let us not cry,how tough and hard it is,but instead just deal with it.Ok,it is a game and every game is competetative.But,first we must think about our surviving,then yet about competition and leaderboards.My opinion is,that TLD is about surviving,it is not run on 100m athletic event.You know,what I wanna say? And,surviving is tough.It is hard.It should be hard.If we would be in real life wilderness,fighting for our bare survival...if we would seat down and cry,that it is too hard...then we are soon dead meat. :)

So,again...yes,it is very hard to survive,even in Voyageur.But,keep in mind,that only strongest ones will survive.Strong will and caution,and listen to the nature,think twice before you do any action...that will harden you.And,most of all...don`t drop down like bag of sand and just give up on your survival destiny. :) Fight your way trough!! :)

And,if this is still too hard for you,then,sorry,but...go play FarmVille then. :D :lol:

Stalker has always been challenging with the wolf threat. But yes in terms of the other condition threats not really. Now Stalker is just a joke. On the off chance you can make it 10 days in which case I'd say your odds are 1/10 to make it without dying by wolf, you can endure longer term but are still much more likely to come under wolf attack and that remains your greatest threat though all phases. While I don't disagree that wolfs should be badass. I don't think there should be swarms of them and that they should be all acting independently. In any event the game suffers because you spend so much focus on them and avoidance instead of other aspects of challenge. They should also implement real water containers instead of the infinite water containers they have now. Thirst and acquiring water should be a much greater survival threat than it is at present. You also shouldn't be able to stock up 100 lbs of water without having the actual containers to hold the water.

The 300 day "survivalists" on the leaderboards were either living min/max in low wolf areas with plentiful supply of other caloric sources and exploiting the starvation mechanic for its lack of effect on fatigue or using some hacks to.... So yeah.

Voyager now is just about perfect difficulty. The environmental challenge is superior to before. Every change they made there has been for the better.

I agree in terms of stalker was way too easy before, now voyager is fine, atleast on PV.

Personally I never played CH cuz this was the ultimate beginner map.

Piles of loot, 3/4 of the map is a plain, easy to see predators and orientation was never a challenge. Pure boredom.

Except for the new style aspects, like civilisation, Mystery was so much better in everything.

PV now presents a nice compromise between those maps, maybe with a bit too much reference towards CH.

I'm on day 19 in a new stalker game, started in PV. Explored most of it, but only found 5 rounds of ammo, so on about day 12 I left for CH to get more ammo. Found 19 rounds there, and am now in ML in my quest for even more ammo. Once I'm stocked up on ammo, I'll head back to PV.

The new wolves are certainly harder, but its not impossible. CH is a little silly (like I said in another thread), but its still not too hard to get around.

@TLDFAN: It seems there's a wide spread of how people receive the new changes, I don't think at all it's hard to survive, I've spent 40 days now in PV only and still have a fridge full of meat and 30ish bullets left. Wolves to me are no threat but a highly needed food source, I don't have the patience to survive without wolves and deers, which is why I complained so "loudly" in another thread about the whole wolf situation in PV.

I agree though with you Denyo if you are speaking about the new map. I didn't begin a new character there yet but I can only imagine how tough this would be. Running for hours, several blizzards a day, no wolves or deer except when you are already at low condition and without a rifle. I will eventually begin a new char there just for kicks (and streaming ;)), but first I want to see how far I can stretch the current run, hitting day 80 today.

There are only two major changes you have to factor in when dealing with wolves in 192: raw meat and wind direction. The first one has (hopefully by now) become common knowledge but I think most people still ignore wind direction. But it is very important now, from which direction you approach a wolf defines how close you can get to. In CH I once wanted to kill a wolf eating a deer with wind in my back going straight at it. I just began to strafe to it's side but I couldn't even get into bear-shooting distance when it already ran towards me.

Walk against the wind towards your target and you can almost pet it's back before it charges at you.

And another tip I cannot stress enough: when harvesting a carcass, get first hide and gut and meat last. Immediately after check your surroundings as far as you can see for a wolf running towards you. Wait until it reaches you, kill it and only harvest the remaining animals after you've checked your surroundings. If another wolf charges at you, kill it too - with the rifle, as long as you have bullets.

Especially in CH you can end up with 3-4 additional wolves charging at you if you're not careful and there's a higher risk to miss a running wolf with a rifle. So if you think you want to save a bullet and kill the second wolf by hand, chances are very high a 3rd wolf will eventually get you.

Pre 192, when you shot a wolf, you could be 100% sure that the surrounding wolves got scared far enough by the "peng" that they won't reach you if you immediately begin to harvest deer and wolf. With the new hyper-meat-smell feature of the wolves, this security is gone and much more checking in between harvesting is needed. I personally like the new changes very much, living of the rifle has become a challenge again, adrenalin is constantly pumping when carrying raw meat and sometimes it get's so intense, I actually welcome to sleep/eat only for 5-6 days lol.

TL;DR: the most important part to remember about wolves and the other changes in the update is that the behaviour of wildlife is still predictable, it just got some new "features" you have to adapt to ;)

raw meat and wind direction. The first one has (hopefully by now) become common knowledge but I think most people still ignore wind direction. But it is very important now, from which direction you approach a wolf defines how close you can get to. In CH I once wanted to kill a wolf eating a deer with wind in my back going straight at it. I just began to strafe to it's side but I couldn't even get into bear-shooting distance when it already ran towards me.

Very interesting. Nice to know!

Btw it helps alot to read the patch notes when an update is out, in alpha versions more so than ever:

* Predators are now attracted to the smell of Blood (bleeding wounds, raw meat, etc.) and will come investigate if within range.

* Scent is now affected by Wind speed and direction.

;)

Btw it helps alot to read the patch notes when an update is out, in alpha versions more so than ever:

* Predators are now attracted to the smell of Blood (bleeding wounds, raw meat, etc.) and will come investigate if within range.

* Scent is now affected by Wind speed and direction.

;)

Must say i'm not keen on logs. Just as im bored by manuals.

Jedem das seine ;>

Well,well,well...I must admit,I completely forgot about wind direction.I got surprised two times already by wolf leaving his pray and running towards me.Ok,I survived both times,but still...that was unneccessary risk and it costed me some clothes for repair and sewing kit degrade.

You"re completely right,Chill...in this game,which has so many realistic details,on which realy can make difference between surviving and dieing,we must pay attention on every detail.Introduction to new patch realy gave us important tips,but I must admit I just overcame them,I didn"t pay that much attention to those words.

Also,I still strongly stick with my claim,that character gets toughener,more he has to deal with wildlife.I"m now running my 30th day and now I can easyly controll my survival steps and moves,also it somehow looks like wildlife got used to me.I realy have feeling,that wolf gets aggresive against me only,if I cross his path,or he is very hungry,or if I provoke him in any way.They act just like in real life.At least I experienced that in my current game.And I don"t let getting myself into nonexpected situations or getting cornered.

Only Fluffy still surprises me over and over again. :lol: I wish you guys could watch some of my stories in Carter"s Dam. :) Ok,I always come out as winner,but every meeting between me and Fluffy is such unique and funny episode.And lately every enter the Dam and waiting for Fluffy to come,makes me nervous and few times till now already,I nonintentionaly shooted with rifle into empty space. :lol: And then Fluffy runs away,so I must go to hand to hand fighting with him.I curse myself every time,when I stupidly shoot.So,every time is episode with Fluffy full of adrenaline. :) I simply love this Dam feature with Fluffy inside. :)

Also,I still strongly stick with my claim,that character gets toughener,more he has to deal with wildlife.

I completely agree with that. You know what boosted my confidence up to the sky so I run around even at nights without light in search for wolves? It was the first time in a stalker game I ran out of bullets and had to hand-fight the wolves for deer meat. I almost wet myself the first time I intenionally run into a wolf without a rifle equipped. But I survived, and survived again, and again... lived actually 30 days longer without ammo and then got cocky and overconfident, which eventually killed me.

But it changed completely how I deal with wolves. They are nothing to be afraid of, if one attacks me I can almost always fight it off or run away. All you need is to stay cool ;)

@TLDFAN: It seems there's a wide spread of how people receive the new changes, I don't think at all it's hard to survive, I've spent 40 days now in PV only and still have a fridge full of meat and 30ish bullets left. Wolves to me are no threat but a highly needed food source, I don't have the patience to survive without wolves and deers, which is why I complained so "loudly" in another thread about the whole wolf situation in PV.

I agree though with you Denyo if you are speaking about the new map. I didn't begin a new character there yet but I can only imagine how tough this would be. Running for hours, several blizzards a day, no wolves or deer except when you are already at low condition and without a rifle. I will eventually begin a new char there just for kicks (and streaming ;)), but first I want to see how far I can stretch the current run, hitting day 80 today.

There are only two major changes you have to factor in when dealing with wolves in 192: raw meat and wind direction. The first one has (hopefully by now) become common knowledge but I think most people still ignore wind direction. But it is very important now, from which direction you approach a wolf defines how close you can get to. In CH I once wanted to kill a wolf eating a deer with wind in my back going straight at it. I just began to strafe to it's side but I couldn't even get into bear-shooting distance when it already ran towards me.

Walk against the wind towards your target and you can almost pet it's back before it charges at you.

And another tip I cannot stress enough: when harvesting a carcass, get first hide and gut and meat last. Immediately after check your surroundings as far as you can see for a wolf running towards you. Wait until it reaches you, kill it and only harvest the remaining animals after you've checked your surroundings. If another wolf charges at you, kill it too - with the rifle, as long as you have bullets.

Especially in CH you can end up with 3-4 additional wolves charging at you if you're not careful and there's a higher risk to miss a running wolf with a rifle. So if you think you want to save a bullet and kill the second wolf by hand, chances are very high a 3rd wolf will eventually get you.

Pre 192, when you shot a wolf, you could be 100% sure that the surrounding wolves got scared far enough by the "peng" that they won't reach you if you immediately begin to harvest deer and wolf. With the new hyper-meat-smell feature of the wolves, this security is gone and much more checking in between harvesting is needed. I personally like the new changes very much, living of the rifle has become a challenge again, adrenalin is constantly pumping when carrying raw meat and sometimes it get's so intense, I actually welcome to sleep/eat only for 5-6 days lol.

TL;DR: the most important part to remember about wolves and the other changes in the update is that the behaviour of wildlife is still predictable, it just got some new "features" you have to adapt to ;)

I seriously do not know which level you are playing on or what hack you are using but get a clue. Most players are not living they are dying when engaging wolves in hand to jaw combat on Stalker. Fighting two wolves at once is suicide. Fighting off multiple wolves without the gun is also not smart. I haven't even been to the new map yet. Why? Because I decided to start the first of my six runs on Stalker in 1.92 on Mystery Lake each time and transition to Coastal and then look for the new map which is accessed there via the info in the patch notes. I have not browsed around to locate where it is accessible but I have some ideas as to where they likely stashed the connection.

In any event. In each of these 6 attempts I died either in Mystery Lake (5x) or in Coastal (1x) within 5 days. All due to wolves. Or wolf attack + exposure. I am glad you are achieving success. Good for you. Good on you. Congrats here is a cookie.

As for me I am frankly sick of Stalker. It is very difficult to ensure a successful start in Stalker mode. By design I like that, I also like that the environment is both more challenging in 1.92 and the mechanics of heat and heat generation are more difficult. Over time this could drastically reduce your cumulative ability to keep your condition in good shape. Certainly the primary reason to keep your condition in good shape is A. FUCKING WOLVES! 2. Wolves, and C MORE GD Wolves!

The map literally contains more wolves per sq mile than Earth has ants. I get that they have to be a threat but without having to resort to exploits in other areas it is not practical to be constantly at battle with them. Not practical to take the -30, -50 and -80 condition hits every other day because of a wolf attack.

So I've abandoned Stalker. It just isn't fun for me anymore. I don't use a macro on my mouse but I do have a pretty good click rate of about 6 clicks per second. This game is about so much more than having to be pestered with CONSTANT WOLF BS.

I seriously do not know which level you are playing on or what hack you are using but get a clue. Most players are not living they are dying when engaging wolves in hand to jaw combat on Stalker. Fighting two wolves at once is suicide. Fighting off multiple wolves without the gun is also not smart. I haven't even been to the new map yet. Why? Because I decided to start the first of my six runs on Stalker in 1.92 on Mystery Lake each time and transition to Coastal and then look for the new map which is accessed there via the info in the patch notes. I have not browsed around to locate where it is accessible but I have some ideas as to where they likely stashed the connection.

In any event. In each of these 6 attempts I died either in Mystery Lake (5x) or in Coastal (1x) within 5 days. All due to wolves. Or wolf attack + exposure. I am glad you are achieving success. Good for you. Good on you. Congrats here is a cookie.

As for me I am frankly sick of Stalker. It is very difficult to ensure a successful start in Stalker mode. By design I like that, I also like that the environment is both more challenging in 1.92 and the mechanics of heat and heat generation are more difficult. Over time this could drastically reduce your cumulative ability to keep your condition in good shape. Certainly the primary reason to keep your condition in good shape is A. FUCKING WOLVES! 2. Wolves, and C. MORE GD Wolves!

The map literally contains more wolves per sq mile than Earth has ants. I get that they have to be a threat but without having to resort to exploits in other areas it is not practical to be constantly at battle with them. Not practical to take the -30, -50 and -80 condition hits every other day because of a wolf attack.

So I've abandoned Stalker. It just isn't fun for me anymore. I don't use a macro on my mouse but I do have a pretty good click rate of about 6 clicks per second. Measured it twice, 36-38 clicks in 6 seconds. I've also read up on the left click vs right click tactical attacking and strategy of building attacks or not building them. However for me this game is about so much more than having to be pestered with CONSTANT WOLF BS. I simply do not want wolf encounters every time I take a RL 5 min walk. I also don't want the 8 day run that looks really promising coming to an end because one just happened to be glitched into a rock until I rounded it and boom right there instant engagement and death. No thanks. I don't need there to be 25+ wolves on the map to enjoy the game.

I do enjoy the realism of the wolves being able to smell now and coming after blood and raw meat. That Is a good move. However I don't need multiple attacks to be stimulated every time I go outdoors. I am not going to go Pilgrim but I am going to look for a more relaxed and reasonable TLD experience.

If you are enjoy Stalker by all means. Continue to enjoy.

I'm enjoying Stalker right now, and I'll try to lay out why.

Before the update I played quite a few voyageur games just to try and get the mechanics and a feel for the maps and what not. Like anyone else I died a few times quick those early games, but got a hold of the game pretty quick. Voyageur became easy and after surviving to 120+ with insane amounts of supplies, i suicided into a wolf pack to start over with Stalker. I felt like I had cut my teeth playing voyageur enough and was ready for the real challenge

And then I wasn't really challenged. Stalker was harder, but not hard.

Stalker is now hard, and I love it. When the update came out I had a save game at about day 70 in CH. I made it three days into that game, trying to move stuff to get ready to move to PV before succumbing to the wolves.

In my next five-eight games, I probably lived an average of 7 days each. Some were 10 days, some were three. It took a while to figure out the new mechanics, wind changing, wolf detection. I had to incorporate new things into my play style (using decoys, which I never used to do, is now a welcome tool in my bag of survival). I'm now about 23 days into my stalker run, living in CH trying to sweep the map before trying to move onto Pleasant Valley. I'm stacked on bandages and cloth thanks to the crazy harvest rate from bedrolls, and I'm finding the wolves significantly easier to deal with than when I first started. I'm still pretty ignorant on torches, how they work and their efficacy.

The wolves on stalker are hard, and I'm so glad they are. Stalker is starting to turn into the game mode I hoped it would be, challenging, frustrating, heart racing. You actually have to RUN from wolves, not strafe sideways dancing with one. Wolves hunt for you when you're bloody, or if you're carrying a bunch of tasty raw meat for them. You can use the wind to your advantage to help you slip by a group of wolves, something I wanted to be able to do the first day I played this game.

Wolves act more realistic, which makes them more dangerous. In the predator realism thread I predicted that a shift in this direction, something MANY players were asking for, would also likely cause many of those players to get frustrated due to difficulty. It seems it has, and I only hope that people take the time to figure it out. It was a struggle for me those first half a dozen or so games, but now that I am starting to understand it better, it's much more fulfilling than my previous 100+ stalker runs (I made it to #50 on the leaderboards, no hibernating or bs). I am actually looking forward to breaking my records in this new legitimately challenging post-update game.

So I've abandoned Stalker. It just isn't fun for me anymore.

And that's what you should do until you learn the game enough so the wolves are no pain anymore, which will eventually happen if you're not completely learn-resistant. I don't know where the idea comes from that everyone has to play Stalker. It is the hard mode for the game, just check the statistics on steam, only 1.7%(!) of all players even managed to get the 50 days alive achievement, it doesn't even matter in which mode you've achieved it, even pilgrim works. I really don't see why anyone would want to start a game in Stalker if he/she didn't even manage to survive for 50 days in Voyageur.

But Stalkers difficulty is aimed at those 1.7%, which died alot, then some more, learned all their lesson and finally understood how to survive and how to deal with wolves. Those people seek new challenges, why should the hard mode be made easier so people who don't invest much are also able to play it? It's fine with me but please then introduce a new hardcore ultra stalker level for people with more than 100h RT ingame, though this would not fix anything because threads with complains that this mode is too hardcore will emerge...

Listen, here's your cookie back because seriously, you don't get cookies for playing Stalker ;) There is no reason to play Stalker other than being underchallenged in Voyageur. Period.

Listen, here's your cookie back because seriously, you don't get cookies for playing Stalker ;) There is no reason to play Stalker other than being underchallenged in Voyageur. Period.

Thank you! #keepstalkerhard

I thank you cory for your previous post, the more people post how they welcome the challenge in Stalker and that they can deal with it, the less the devs will feel inclined to make it easier. Stalker in 183 was too easy, 192 is a step in a very right direction. Yes I want to survive for many days, but I also want the feeling that I actually achieved something, which I didn't had even when I died on day 183 (in version 183). At least now our deaths after a long run will be a bit more glorious :D

And that's what you should do until you learn the game enough so the wolves are no pain anymore, which will eventually happen if you're not completely learn-resistant. I don't know where the idea comes from that everyone has to play Stalker. It is the hard mode for the game, just check the statistics on steam, only 1.7%(!) of all players even managed to get the 50 days alive achievement, it doesn't even matter in which mode you've achieved it, even pilgrim works. I really don't see why anyone would want to start a game in Stalker if he/she didn't even manage to survive for 50 days in Voyageur.

But Stalkers difficulty is aimed at those 1.7%, which died alot, then some more, learned all their lesson and finally understood how to survive and how to deal with wolves. Those people seek new challenges, why should the hard mode be made easier so people who don't invest much are also able to play it? It's fine with me but please then introduce a new hardcore ultra stalker level for people with more than 100h RT ingame, though this would not fix anything because threads with complains that this mode is too hardcore will emerge...

Man,I so agree with you in many things.:-) You wrote all the right things and logical facts.Like I also mentioned once in my thread: This game is not competition of athletic event 100m run.It is game about survival,where only strongest ones and adaptable ones survives.It is game with realistic challenge and fighting for bare existence,not a game for best place in leaderboards.And in this game you have to be open to learn,to get experience trough your mistakes.And those,who master once techiques for surviving,of course they will seek for more difficult challenges.And,not everyone can play highest difficulty.

I"m just affraid for one thing,realy. :( If there will be too many "weaker" players with complaining how tough game is,and they will start threaten to stop playing and supporting game...that Hinterland team will then reduce difficulty just that they don"t start loosing audience and players. :-/ After all,this is only a game and in game everything can be adjusted.And then there won"t be real challenge again for realy successfull and ingenious players.And I can bet,that then those same "cry-babies" would show off,how good they are in survival,when difficulty would be st that way,that everyone could reach same achievements. :roll:

If there are different modes of difficulty,the hardest mode should be hard and become harder,and only the strongest should survive toughest challenges.Me,personaly,didn"t try any Stalker game yet,coz I don"t see any reason,why I should force myself in playing something,where I"m not experienced that much yet.I will play Voyageur that long,till I will feel that is not challenging for me anymore and that I can do a step on higher level of challenge.I don"t care for my position in leaderboards,I don"t care,if I"m not among most successfull players.I play game to enjoy in it and I compete only to be each time better of myself.

Hinterland already has their money, so hopefully they don't bow too much to people who want Stalker, the hard difficulty that describes itself as a punishing experiencing, made easier.

Like Chill said, Stalker doesn't need to be for everybody. Luckily people like you, myself, and Chill are speaking up in favor of the new increased difficulty, and hopefully more will as well!

#Keepstalkerhard #Goplayvoyageur

I've never understood the people that MUST play on the hardest difficulty. You should play at a level that is challenging for you, but still fun. Nothing else matters.

This is very much a game for people who can handle failure and get right back on the horse. I literally died all weekend, over and over again for a range of hours to weeks in game, and finally got a good run. It's very rewarding to not give up.

Archived