Witness of the quiet apocalypse

indianajonas

I bought this game on August 9th, 2017. Since then I’ve tried to survive 500 days.

Today is the day. I finally survived 500 days. This took me 2 years, 2 months, 3 weeks, 5 days.

I never thought that I could do this. But here I am. The biggest challenge for me was to overcome my fear of dying and losing everything. I am not a hardcore player. I play this game to relax and enjoy. I love to discover things on my own. I had serveral setbacks. Permadeath is not my thing. But on the other hand I found many places that I never had visited before. I was frustrated because setting my own goals was very hard in the beginning. After 120 days I had no plan and I did not know what to do for 380 days. A few weeks ago I found a list of all locations to map in this forum and I started the challenge to map every location. Eventually I did it. This got my inner fire burning and I overcame other hurdles (killing two bears for a bearskin bedroll for example) and bring every skill to level 5. There were a few times where I felt lonely. So started taking pictures of signs and other man-made things to feel a little solace. Sometimes I listened to crows or watched some dear walking peacefully through the forest. The animals became good company.

On my journey I stopped a few times to witness the quiet apocalypse. I started a little roleplay. My character is a photographer and has his (imaginary) camera with him. I made a video out of his memories (my first video ever).

I have grown a lot as a gamer since I started this game. I have all trophies on the PS4 exept the one for beating all the challenges. After 500 days of survival I feel ready for it. The platinum is within reach. (I can‘t belive this is the case but I am very happy.)

Thanks for this amazing game, Hinterland. And thanks for the Pilgrim experience. Otherwise I would have never played this amazing game to the point where I am now because permadeath is to stressfull for me.

Please enjoy the video! (I’d love to hear your opinion.)

• Upvote 2
  • Like 4