Losing Sleeping Bag when entering mine on Aftermath Mission

Skywatcher

I loose my sleeping bag when entering the mine on the aftermath mission. I tried it several times, I have the bag on me before entering but when I check again when I am in the mine it is gone. Is this a design feature or a bug ? It is damn unpleasant to loose the sleeping bag as you have no way to heal up when getting electrocuted, which is bound to happen.

Edited by Skywatcher
Removed typo

On 11/4/2019 at 3:23 PM, RegentRelic said:

That is supposed to happen.

Would be nice if the game came up with some reason as to why, instead of just taking it from the player, who might be scratching his/her head as to why. Maybe having Astrid fall into the mine and saying oh no I lost my sleeping bag ?

Okay, I thought I was going crazy!

I've developed a lot of habits around gear, and I obsessively pick up the bedroll after I'm done using it. I solved the mine puzzle fairly quickly, and after I got out, I was kicking myself for somehow "forgetting" to pick up the bedroll at some point before entering the mine. I'm glad to know I didn't forget it, and rather that it's taken from the player during the cutscene.

Considering the size of the bedroll, it makes sense that it could get snagged on debris and not make it down with Astrid. I don't think I lost the lantern, but I usually use flares in the mines to avoid wasting lantern fuel, so now I can't remember.