13 days of night

Tohono O'odham Man

I am personally disappointed with hinterland for making the 4 days. In the real world adults have jobs and can't just sit down after work and play to relax. Hunterland was saying how busy they were trying to finish episode 3. They should know how life is for us who work. 4 days of night should be 13 days of night so everyone can play. It's the time of season the the roads are more dangerous with snow or storms it's not healthy to stay up late at night and work the next day.

• Like 1

So....you couldn't find the time to play two hours a day for four days, but somehow would be able to play two hours a day for 13?  I'm not trying to be snarky I just don't get the logic behind how adding more days makes it less likely you'll miss something.  Frankly as an adult with a successful professional career of my own, I thought four days was fine.  13 would have been very difficult to participate in, because that's nearly two weeks of dedicating 2 hours a day to ensure I complete the challenge.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng

I guess the idea here would have been to spend 4 times 2 hours distributed across 13 days ..... somehow... or so.

Hm. I don't know. Yeah, I kinda get why one might be upset about not having the time to complete the challenge event, but sometimes that's just how it plays out. I miss so many things in life because timing doesn't add up. I missed the frist two days of 4DON last year because I was crunching 18 hours a day. And it's not like you "missed" something in that you didn't get something others now have - other than a nice little badge that you and only you know you have or don't have.

3 hours ago, Tohono O'odham Man said:

In the real world adults have jobs and can't just sit down after work and play to relax.

I don't know what your occupation is and what other obligations you have besides work, but in my astonishingly real world in which I very much have a job, a wife and a 5 year old son I do find time to sit down after work and play to relax. Not every day, and certainly not always as much as I want to, but it happens.

Guest kristaok

I have been dealing with kidney issues, sickness, and pain, and I even took the time to play. It wasn't easy though, the pain meds kept me loopy and knocked out, but thankfully I was able to get the Badges. 

it's 4 days because Halloween is always on the last Thursday of October, and 4 days fits perfectly with the weekend, Thursday night through Sunday. It's just a fun event that has no direct effect on any other parts of the game aside from a couple badges.

what you suggest is perhaps better suited for some sort of Christmas event.

I had pretty much no time to play the challenge because of school, so I just opened the game, made a 12 hour fire, and then just listened to that instead of music while I studied to let the two hours rack up. It was surprisingly relaxing and I got one badge (I think I screwed up with saving my game on day 3 so I didn't get the midnight badge).

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Tohono O'odham Man said:

Apparently everyone has something to say but nothing useful. 

So people who disagree with you have nothing useful to say?  That's not going to win you any friends around here, just FYI.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Like 2

Guest kristaok
9 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

So people who disagree with you have nothing useful to say?  That's not going to win you any friends around here, just FYI.

exactly...

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:29 AM, ManicManiac said:

After all, the Halloween event is just a cool thing they've done for us as an extra, it's not really owed to any of us.

Now that it's November and Thanksgiving is just around the corner... I say we take a moment to be thankful we could have Four Days of Night for these past few years... especially considering how busy the Hinterland team as been this year with Steadfast Ranger, Crossroads Elegy, and the upcoming December Update.

:coffee::fire:
Sometimes I think it's better to take a step back and be thankful for the things we have... instead of upset about the things we think we are entitled to.

Edited by ManicManiac

Guest kristaok
4 hours ago, Tohono O'odham Man said:

I'm not trying to win friends lol. Hinterland should of did players have 13 days to finish the 4 days of night challenge. And why doesn't hinterland respond to my question? 

Wait a minute... you said 13 days?... 13... ???!

illuminati confirmed!!!

anyway... :P jokes aside...

Sometimes Raph and or Hinterland don't reply to topics / posts. 

--

13 days would honestly be a lot harder to keep up with than 4 days. 

I myself have been in and out of it from taking pain meds due to Kidney issues, and even I was able to force myself awake etc. to do the 4DON. Now if it was a 13 day event... yea... I wouldn't have been able to do it. 

I will say this though... I'd love to see a Christmas event. :) 

Guest kristaok
6 hours ago, KinoUnko said:

OP's suggestion does make me wonder... why isn't there a custom mode setting where nights get longer over time until it's all night all the time? like temp getting colder setting.

Now that would be good. But a 13 day event? Nope. The only time it may work would be for Christmas as in the 12 Days of Christmas or something along those lines. 

as for christmas event... 13 Nights of Yule could go something like this:
All maps open, some version of the Boss Bear from Chapter 2 stalks the land. Killing any wildlife stacks "scent meter" and makes Boss Bear more attracted to the player. every 24hr survived in game earns a badge, up to 13. surviving confrontation with Boss Bear earns a 24hr grace period where the Bear will not attack player. Pack of Timberwolves herarlds the Bear's arrival by 2 game hours. Death resets timer and "scent meter"

Edited by KinoUnko

Guest kristaok

A Christmas Event could have certain Trees scattered about that are lit up with lights, and under those trees are caches. ❤️ 

@KinoUnko Going up against some Timberwolves and a great Bear would be cool too. :) 

10 hours ago, KinoUnko said:

OP's suggestion does make me wonder... why isn't there a custom mode setting where nights get longer over time until it's all night all the time? like temp getting colder setting.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but there used to be a mod called Relentless Night that did exactly that (and more) 😀

Unfortunately, mods don't work anymore after Crossroads Elegy :/

• Upvote 1