Bandage offer

Pandetix

I propose to change the mechanics of the dressings in the game:

1) Make them impossible to create. (so that they can only be found).

2)add bandages to sterile (slow infection rate)

Why do I find this change necessary? I believe that at the moment the bandages in the game are created very easily, and almost do not cost resources, which is why they lose their value, which in turn reduces the tension from the fear of a possible fight with predators.

There is also an alternative proposal: to divide the dressings created by the character (rough dressings), and factory-made dressings that can only be found (for example, in pharmacy boxes), and which will give the sterile effect that I described earlier.

Thank you for your attention and good luck ^^

Edited by Pandetix
addition

6 hours ago, Moll said:

Nah, maybe you could improve bandages adding 0.1 l of Antiseptic to reach their sterility. but its wortheless, unles you dont add new mechanic covering infection from all bleeding injuries.

I'm dealing with a wound right now and according to a lot of first aid instructions, any wound that has the propensity to bleed through the bandage should be changed at least a few times a day. Like I'd imagine a pretty bad wolf bite would necessitate this, of course I would keep bandages still be craftable via cloth, but I think the justification here is to make sure you feel more of a resource drain when you screw up and try to fight a wolf, then lose.

Also can't see a reason to change this. 

The game has us make do with what we find, and make improvised solutions to problems. Bandages made from bits of old shirts, hats, pants, ect. makes sense, and works well. OMBL made into a wrap that helps prevent infections works. Antiseptic (hydrogen peroxide) used to clean wounds and help prevent infections works well, and comes at a cost of carrying a weighty item with you.

IRL, if you were stuck in the middle of nowhere, on an abandoned island, with limited supplies, I doubt you would be fretting too much over needing to reuse a cloth bandage that you might scrub some of the crud out of in the snow, then reapplying it.

The mechanic is not broken, it does not need fixed. 

• Like 1