How to get a 2018 Twilight Badge ve Midnight Badge?

Baronraymond

• 6 months later...

I hope they could change that and open all those badge challenges for all. Lots of new players and some of us didn't catch those in time when they came out. Shouldn't be such a big deal to make them available to all.

• Upvote 1

I'd just rather not see the badges in my achievement ladder if there's no way to ever complete them.  Hinterland should code it so that it appears as a special achievement category  for those who obtained it and not part of the mainstream achievements.  That way if they do something similar like it in the future, they already have the basis in place to track and record player progress and achievement.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 3:56 AM, Tohono O'odham Man said:

It should be longer than 4 days.

...but it's literally called "Four Days of Night"...

It seems to me :

Four Days, because the event lasts four days... also ...The two hour real-time victory condition for each day, is because of the timescale of the game (24 game hours = 2 real-time hours).  In this way, the game's timescale works well with the duration of the event (2 real-time hours equals 1 game-day...and it lasts 4 days).  I think if the event lasted longer, the name wouldn't make much sense. :D

:coffee::fire:
I think the event is great.  I think the time investment is reasonable.

For those who's circumstances caused them to miss it or they came to the game later on... the good news is, there will likely be another event this October.  So there will likely be more chances for folks to participate and get those badges (just not the one's for previous years).

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Moilanen said:

I been thinking why not make them available again on the next Halloween...

Because they are for the event of a specific year...

If there were only one set of badges for it, then it would probably already be like that.
However, each iteration (at least as of 2018) has had it's own distinct set of badges for participating in (and meeting the challenge requirements of) that year's event.

Look, I know it's irksome to some folks to see a badge that they can't get (I'm speaking generally now and not about anyone specifically)... but honestly having the previous badges or not doesn't affect the game in anyway (we don't even see them unless we specifically go to look at them :D).

I think if folks miss the event, then they missed  the event.  They can still get a badge if they participate in the next iteration.  I don't think it makes much sense for folks to "earn" a 2018 badge after that event is over.  I know it's unfortunate, but sometimes if we miss an opportunity; we don't get a "do over."

Edited by ManicManiac
Edited for clarity :)
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 8:04 PM, Funguy said:

You can still revert and earn these.  But it takes some effort.  And Hinterland doesn't want you to get them.  So I can't tell you how to do it on any site they control.

Can you email instructions?  Or guide me to a site that has them?  Thank you.

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2020 at 9:09 PM, Rokkenrob said:

If the older Badges are no longer available for acquisition, then they should be removed for those who do not have it.  They are just a taunt "in your face" for those who weren't a Hinderlander prior to.

This ^

First time round it wasn't even well publicised

On 8/20/2020 at 2:14 AM, Corso said:

This ^

On 7/21/2020 at 9:55 PM, ManicManiac said:

Look, I know it's irksome to some folks to see a badge that they can't get (I'm speaking generally now and not about anyone specifically)... but honestly having the previous badges or not doesn't affect the game in anyway (we don't even see them unless we specifically go to look at them:D).

I think if folks miss the event, then they missed  the event.  They can still get a badge if they participate in the next iteration.  I don't think it makes much sense for folks to "earn" a 2018 badge after that event is over.  I know it's unfortunate, but sometimes if we miss an opportunity; we don't get a "do over."

Edited by ManicManiac

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder we don't allow the promotion of unapproved mods on our forums. Nor do we suggest that people in anyway edit their game files because if something gets broken it's not something we're able to offer support for.

Post removed.

26 minutes ago, Admin said:

Solo un recordatorio de que no permitimos la promoción de modificaciones no aprobadas en nuestros foros. Tampoco sugerimos que la gente de todos modos edite sus archivos de juego porque si algo se rompe no es algo para lo que podamos ofrecer soporte.

Publicación eliminada.

no veo que tiene de malo usar mods, no rompe nada, hoy en dia todos los juegos tienen contenidos de mods que la comunidad aporta y de todos los mods que hay solo cite uno para que aquellos que quieran recuperar las insignias pasadas las puedan tener. no creo yo que sea malo usar mods que la comunidad aporta, otra cosa seria hablar de pirateria que en eso si que estoy en contra.

de todas formas si este comentario va en contra de las normas o ofende a alguien pido disculpas.

Having put the above comment through Google Translate it's a defence of mods. Which is fine. To be clear we're not against discussing mods in general terms, but we don't want people to be encouraged to try them at this point. When we are able to release official mod support then that's different, as we'll have a method of installing and controlling mods that make it easier to do and protect the game.

At this point we are not able to provide Support for people whose game doesn't work after using mods, or who have issues. If you use mods on your own and find that enjoyable that's fine for you. However, we're not ready to support them and allowing discussion on our forums of them is a tacit sort of approval.

lo entiendo pero pense que ya eran oficiales al hebr un metodo de instalacion facil, de todas formas llevo muy poco y tan solo usaba un par nada mas unos binoculares y uno que cartografia mas ampliamente el mapa pero como en la pagina encontre un monton pense que eran oficiales, pero tampoco tengo ningun problema en no usarlos puesto que no alteran jugabilidad ni nada, el mod en si que mencionaba antes lo use la vez que use la capsula del tiempo para jugar una version anterior y bueno cuando vuelves a la version normal se pierden las insignias de eventos de años anteriores y con ese mod pues lo unico que hice es ponerlas a como estaban antes de usar la capsula. gracias por escucharme..

• 2 weeks later...

I was curious if it were possible to play 4DON via the time capsules. Not all that interested in the badges - Im completionist but if it were possible to achieve them, they would lose their value to the people that have them.

However, due to real life obligations, I was never able to experience 4DON myself, to this day. And now we are getting a whole new event. 

It would be very cool if it were possible to play 4DON via time capsule, while the badges would remain unobtainable. I know this is not going to be very popular with the people who dont have them - but thats the point of having them available for limited time only. However, this way we would at least be able to experience the hard work that was put into that event by ourselves. We could attempt to "complete" the badges and at least feel satisfaction that, should it be open, we could have gotten the badges as well.

This would be the best of the both worlds kinda deal, in my opinion.