Admin

The Long Dark Hotfixed to 1.62 [55870]

Hello community,

We’ve released hotfix 1.62 [55870]. With this release we’ve continued to address a number of issues specific to Episode Three as well as issues with the Crafting Menu, Wolf behaviors and numerous world art fixes. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game Studio).

If you have any other questions or are just curious to know more about the game, please also consider joining our weekly 
Milton Mailbag Q&A.

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that caused Wolf pathfinding to become confused after a decoy was dropped in certain scenarios.
* Fixed the distance which Wolves can grab decoys.
* Added further checks to prevent Wolves from attacking players through objects.
* Fixed an issue that prevented players from dropping a decoy from the Radial Menu.
* Fixed animation popping during the Wolf Struggle Animation while holding a Revolver.
* Fixed Bears resetting to their dens after loading a save.
* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to craft arrows even if there was time remaining.

UI/World/Art

* General polish throughout the world.
* Added a third digit to imperial values to prevent rounding errors.
* Fixed missing shadows from Fridges.
* Fixed missing quantity when crafting.
* Fixed Tool Selection not appearing when crafting arrows.
* Fixed materials being consumed when cancelling crafting.
* Fixed flames disappearing on pre-placed fires after exiting and reloading the game.

Episode Three

* Polish pass through the episode.
* Survivor stats now displayed while passing time.
* Added map icon for Survivors dropped by the player.
* Fixed numerous areas the player could become stuck.
* Fixed being unable to place the third rescued Survivor in some scenarios.
* Gwen can no longer die after completing her mission.
* Fixed issue that caused players to be forced out of aim when attacked by a Timberwolf.
* Adjusted the size of Wade’s campfire.
* Adjusted the distance which Timberwolves will hold ground when the player is holding a lit Marine Flare.
* Fixed Timberwolves howling more than intended.
* Fixed Timberwolf corpses resetting after transitioning indoors.
* Fixed player position changing when exiting Diagnosis.
* Fixed incorrect location being displayed when viewing information on the Load Screen.

Xbox One

* Fixed stuttering issue when running on Xbox One X

###END OF RELEASE NOTES###

• Upvote 1
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Fixed Bears resetting to their dens after loading a save.

Ah this makes sense now. I'm currently exploring HRV on stalker.

Shot one of the bears twice each time over the course of 3x days.

Had a funny feeling something was not right. 

Thanks for the quick fix.

6 hours ago, Admin said:

Adjusted the size of Wade’s campfire.

Why? It was so cute! 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Why? It was so cute! 🤣

I really wish i had stuff to try to cook on it at the time. 

11 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

I really wish i had stuff to try to cook on it at the time. 

ME TOO :D

Thanks for the update. I want to add, the problem with the crash of the game was gone.

Thats good news! Cant wait to test it, thank you very much!!!

Thank you Hinterland! You guys are tops!!!

32 minutes ago, Polynomial-C said:

So can we expect this release to appear on GoG as well?

Eventually. It takes GOG a while to release TLD updates (not Hinterland's fault). Maybe around the middle of the week, but don't hold me to that.

If you use their Galaxy client you'll get it sooner than if you don't.

Edited by Hawk

30 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Eventually. It takes GOG a while to release TLD updates (not Hinterland's fault). Maybe around the middle of the week, but don't hold me to that.

If you use their Galaxy client you'll get it sooner than if you don't.

I know that GoG takes a ridiculous long amount of time to make TLD updates available, but I'd like to know from Hinterland if they even sent this update to GoG because in the past they skipped sending a few updates.

AFAIK, their Galaxy client is Windows-only, so this is not really an option for me.

13 minutes ago, Polynomial-C said:

I know that GoG takes a ridiculous long amount of time to make TLD updates available, but I'd like to know from Hinterland if they even sent this update to GoG because in the past they skipped sending a few updates.

AFAIK, their Galaxy client is Windows-only, so this is not really an option for me.

Their Galaxy client isn't an option for me either since my gaming computer is not connected to the Internet.

To the best of my knowledge, Hinterland has never skipped any updates at GOG. Raph did mention in a post a while back that GOG was a lower priority for them because it takes so long for GOG to release updates, so they generally wait to update GOG so they can include the hotfixes. At least that's what I got from this post by Raph. I could have misunderstood what he said though.

It generally takes about 9 days for GOG to release TLD updates, but I have seen it take as long as 16 days, and I've seen it only take 3 days. I believe we're currently at about 12 days so I'm hoping we'll see something at GOG around the middle of next week.

Edited by Hawk

3 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Their Galaxy client isn't an option for me either since my gaming computer is not connected to the Internet.

Raph did mention in a post a while back that GOG wasn't a high priority for them because it takes so long for GOG to release updates, so they generally wait to update GOG so they can include the hotfixes. At least that's what I got from this post by Raph. I could have misunderstood what he said though.

It generally takes about 9 days for GOG to release TLD updates, but I have seen it take as long as 16 days, and I've seen it only take 3 days. I believe we're currently at about 12 days so I'm hoping we'll see something at GOG around the middle of next week.

Yes, I posted in that very same thread about this as well and even commented on that post you referred to. Still, I would like to know from Hinterland if they already sent some newer release than v1.56 to GoG yet. This just makes waiting a bit easier for me.

21 minutes ago, wolkenwand said:

Is the headgear bug fixed yet? The one that inner and outer effect swapped.

Yes. The head gear slots were corrected with 1.60. Outer layer is now to the outside.

I took this screenshot on October 26, Saturday (EST), when I saw that Balaclavas now go only in the inner layer/inner slot.

20191026174318_1.thumb.jpg.8651bad89865270994bff80aa0f262ca.jpg

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Yes. The head gear slots were corrected with 1.60. Outer layer is now to the outside.

I took this screenshot on October 26, Saturday (EST), when I saw that Balaclavas now go only in the inner layer/inner slot.

20191026174318_1.thumb.jpg.8651bad89865270994bff80aa0f262ca.jpg

Yes! Thanks for the information! 

• Upvote 1

You are most welcome! I know to some it may be a "little thing", but I was thrilled to see it fixed up. :) 

On 11/1/2019 at 2:46 AM, Admin said:

* Fixed an issue that caused Wolf pathfinding to become confused after a decoy was dropped in certain scenarios

I feel like this is still happening or maybe I'm not understanding how the new AI is suppose to act?

Yesterday I had 2 wolves act really odd when interacting with them, the first wolf I encountered just kept walking off every time I dropped bait even though I was right in front of him 3 or 4 times he was locked on to me coming right at me and as soon as i dropped the bait he just turns around and walks off as if I was never there.

The second wolf did go after the bait but when a shot my bow at him and missed he went into a non stop flee mode running around like crazy for more then 2 in-game hours before I finally got bored of watching him.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Polynomial-C said:

v1.62 (for Linux, didn't check Windows binaries) is finally available on GoG. Thanks Hinterland :)

It is also available for Windows. It comes in as 1.56 to 1.61, then a separate patch for 1.61 to 1.62.

There's also a 1.62 full install available.

Edited by Hawk
  • Upvote 1

It looks like bow aiming is fixed too. I can consistently drop a dear now with the arrow hitting almost exactly where the aiming dot was before the shooting animation starts.

Thanks Hinterland!

@Admin& @Raphael van Lierop,

I just wanted to pop in and give my opinion of the 1.62 update.

Reading the forums while I was waiting on the update from GOG had me a little concerned. Not only about the issues I was reading about (brightness, stuttering, crashing, etc.) but also the fact that I have, what could be considered, a somewhat low-end system. Here's my specs:

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
Motherboard - ASRock M3A770DE
Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Deneb Socket AM3 (938) - 3.42 GHz
Video Card - GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 GV-N1050OC-2GD 2 GB 128-Bit GDDR5 - Driver Version: NVIDIA 430.86 (26.21.14.3086) Driver Date: May 22, 2019
Memory - (2) 4096 MB Dual Channel (8 GB total) PC3-12800 DDR3-SDRAM Corsair - 1600 MHz
Sound - OnBoard with headphones
Monitors - HP 2311x (Display 0), Acer P237HL

Once I finally got updated from GoG I was completely surprised and extremely pleased. I occasionally have a slight snow-blindness, which should be expected when in the right position in relation to the sun, but nothing like I've read about or seen in a few videos, and I've never seen the PV farmhouse so good. Not only can I search it without a lantern but I can almost even find my way to the bed in the night just by the light from the moon through the windows. I've never seen the farmhouse with this much light inside. My Brightness setting is at 100% with the factory settings on the ancient HP monitor.
I really like the inside entrance to the basement too.

I was also surprised at the frame rates I'm getting. With the graphics set to max (with the exception of SSAO, which I generally set at off - I don't really notice any difference, although the screenshot shows it on, the stats shot was taken with it off - just for clarification. Even with SSAO on the FPS only drops about 10 to 20), I'm getting between 65 and 85 on average (sometimes a little lower - sometimes a little higher). I don't have any crashes when entering new locations (going into buildings and/or transition caves). Everything just looks better and still runs smoother.
I do have a minor issue with my CPU getting a little hot but I plan on getting a CPU cooler this month when I get paid and when I open the case up to install that, I'm sure it will need a bit of cleaning, which will most likely satisfy that issue to a great degree.

Here's some screenshots to show my settings and stats.

TLD_Display.png.d0dd93956f08947b26968f71ff159bc1.png

TLD_Graphics.thumb.png.5e1a4d5646e81ebf06e461739e97264e.png

TLD_Stats.png.7cd1741789e8df4772ec374be65afd71.png

And here's where that stats shot was taken, coming up from the river heading towards the PV farmhouse, on one of those rare beautiful days in that region. :)

TLD_Stats_Shot.thumb.png.34632a2fe59a48cd8c94d3daf09fc6b8.png

All in all I am really pleased with this latest update. I've only played a Survival game for just a few hours so I haven't come across any serious issues yet, but I'm sure whatever issues have been reported by others will be addressed by Hinterland either before or with the Dec. Survival update.

Thank you Raph and team at Hinterland.

Edit: Oh yea! I forgot to mention that I love the change in the breath mist. Great job! thumbsup.gif.944c2a077aae672577158de1d34b8308.gif

Edited by Hawk

On 11/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, Polynomial-C said:

v1.62 (for Linux, didn't check Windows binaries) is finally available on GoG. Thanks Hinterland

Does the game work for you without issues on Linux?? If so ... what's your configuration (Distribution, Hardware, etc)? We're a few people here on the forums cracking our heads getting rid of a specific rendering bug for months.

Edited by jeffpeng

I seem to be having some fire timer issues still, Sometimes when I cook foods on an outdoor fire the food cooks but the timer only goes down several minutes. It may be a decimal point error. I noticed this in episode three at the fish pond but I think I saw it on outdoor fires as well. Water works ok. In my mind it is fresh game that gets the bonus. I'm done with the episode, well done. I will try to reproduce this in survival before I go back and redo episode but keep an eye out for it.

I also have some bad shadows on the wall besides the desk at the antenna tower when lit by a torch.

20191107232608_1.jpg

20191107232613_1.jpg4

Just moved my arm an inch to light it up.

Edited by Muestereate
add pictures