The Long Dark Hotfixed to 1.62 [55870]

Admin

Hello community,

We’ve released hotfix 1.62 [55870]. With this release we’ve continued to address a number of issues specific to Episode Three as well as issues with the Crafting Menu, Wolf behaviors and numerous world art fixes. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay-up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game Studio).

If you have any other questions or are just curious to know more about the game, please also consider joining our weekly 
Milton Mailbag Q&A.

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that caused Wolf pathfinding to become confused after a decoy was dropped in certain scenarios.
* Fixed the distance which Wolves can grab decoys.
* Added further checks to prevent Wolves from attacking players through objects.
* Fixed an issue that prevented players from dropping a decoy from the Radial Menu.
* Fixed animation popping during the Wolf Struggle Animation while holding a Revolver.
* Fixed Bears resetting to their dens after loading a save.
* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to craft arrows even if there was time remaining.

UI/World/Art

* General polish throughout the world.
* Added a third digit to imperial values to prevent rounding errors.
* Fixed missing shadows from Fridges.
* Fixed missing quantity when crafting.
* Fixed Tool Selection not appearing when crafting arrows.
* Fixed materials being consumed when cancelling crafting.
* Fixed flames disappearing on pre-placed fires after exiting and reloading the game.

Episode Three

* Polish pass through the episode.
* Survivor stats now displayed while passing time.
* Added map icon for Survivors dropped by the player.
* Fixed numerous areas the player could become stuck.
* Fixed being unable to place the third rescued Survivor in some scenarios.
* Gwen can no longer die after completing her mission.
* Fixed issue that caused players to be forced out of aim when attacked by a Timberwolf.
* Adjusted the size of Wade’s campfire.
* Adjusted the distance which Timberwolves will hold ground when the player is holding a lit Marine Flare.
* Fixed Timberwolves howling more than intended.
* Fixed Timberwolf corpses resetting after transitioning indoors.
* Fixed player position changing when exiting Diagnosis.
* Fixed incorrect location being displayed when viewing information on the Load Screen.

Xbox One

* Fixed stuttering issue when running on Xbox One X

###END OF RELEASE NOTES###

• Upvote 2
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Fixed Bears resetting to their dens after loading a save.

Ah this makes sense now. I'm currently exploring HRV on stalker.

Shot one of the bears twice each time over the course of 3x days.

Had a funny feeling something was not right. 

Thanks for the quick fix.

30 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Eventually. It takes GOG a while to release TLD updates (not Hinterland's fault). Maybe around the middle of the week, but don't hold me to that.

If you use their Galaxy client you'll get it sooner than if you don't.

I know that GoG takes a ridiculous long amount of time to make TLD updates available, but I'd like to know from Hinterland if they even sent this update to GoG because in the past they skipped sending a few updates.

AFAIK, their Galaxy client is Windows-only, so this is not really an option for me.

3 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Their Galaxy client isn't an option for me either since my gaming computer is not connected to the Internet.

Raph did mention in a post a while back that GOG wasn't a high priority for them because it takes so long for GOG to release updates, so they generally wait to update GOG so they can include the hotfixes. At least that's what I got from this post by Raph. I could have misunderstood what he said though.

It generally takes about 9 days for GOG to release TLD updates, but I have seen it take as long as 16 days, and I've seen it only take 3 days. I believe we're currently at about 12 days so I'm hoping we'll see something at GOG around the middle of next week.

Yes, I posted in that very same thread about this as well and even commented on that post you referred to. Still, I would like to know from Hinterland if they already sent some newer release than v1.56 to GoG yet. This just makes waiting a bit easier for me.

21 minutes ago, wolkenwand said:

Is the headgear bug fixed yet? The one that inner and outer effect swapped.

Yes. The head gear slots were corrected with 1.60. Outer layer is now to the outside.

I took this screenshot on October 26, Saturday (EST), when I saw that Balaclavas now go only in the inner layer/inner slot.

20191026174318_1.thumb.jpg.8651bad89865270994bff80aa0f262ca.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Yes. The head gear slots were corrected with 1.60. Outer layer is now to the outside.

I took this screenshot on October 26, Saturday (EST), when I saw that Balaclavas now go only in the inner layer/inner slot.

20191026174318_1.thumb.jpg.8651bad89865270994bff80aa0f262ca.jpg

Yes! Thanks for the information! 

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
On 11/6/2019 at 2:46 PM, Polynomial-C said:

v1.62 (for Linux, didn't check Windows binaries) is finally available on GoG. Thanks Hinterland

Does the game work for you without issues on Linux?? If so ... what's your configuration (Distribution, Hardware, etc)? We're a few people here on the forums cracking our heads getting rid of a specific rendering bug for months.

Edited by jeffpeng

I seem to be having some fire timer issues still, Sometimes when I cook foods on an outdoor fire the food cooks but the timer only goes down several minutes. It may be a decimal point error. I noticed this in episode three at the fish pond but I think I saw it on outdoor fires as well. Water works ok. In my mind it is fresh game that gets the bonus. I'm done with the episode, well done. I will try to reproduce this in survival before I go back and redo episode but keep an eye out for it.

I also have some bad shadows on the wall besides the desk at the antenna tower when lit by a torch.

20191107232608_1.jpg

20191107232613_1.jpg4

Just moved my arm an inch to light it up.

Edited by Muestereate
add pictures

On 11/9/2019 at 3:37 AM, jeffpeng said:

Does the game work for you without issues on Linux?? If so ... what's your configuration (Distribution, Hardware, etc)? We're a few people here on the forums cracking our heads getting rid of a specific rendering bug for months.

I will answer your questions in the corresponding thread.

10 minutes ago, Hawk said:

If your reply was directed towards me, I would say you didn't read both of my posts thoroughly.

No it was not directed towards you .  Actually I posted a ticket some weeksago about this issue and got a email back from Hinterland telling me that the update had cured the problem. I wanted to acknowledge it was true for me. Sorry it is not for you.

Edited by Dominique

• Admin unpinned and unfeatured this topic