Lack of Changelogs

Guest jeffpeng

Guest jeffpeng

This is mostly directed at @Admin and Hinterland, but of course everyone if welcome to offer their point of view.

I've been searching multiple places for a 1.60 changelog - without success. I (and possibly a great many more) really want to know what changes in the game, also what bugs are fixed, so that I can stop working around them. So many cruxial things have changed in 1.60, and of some I am still not certain that they are intended or not.

For example the coal change: Before the update you had to wait a few minutes until you could dump a lump of coal into a fire. Now you can do that immediately after making the fire. I'm not saying the change is good or bad - but is this actually intended or not? If there was a changelog with n amount of things changed in the game and this was not among it I could report it as a bug. And if it had been among the changes I would know it's how it's supposed to be.

I guess the biggest thing is the bait change. By now we know that was intended, even if it's not really working as intended - yet. I didn't come across this before I read about it on the forums, because my playstyle doesn't really work with baiting a whole lot. But others noticed it, and I guess most that did assumed that it was a bug, not that a long standing weakness in how baiting works was resolved. But in any case nobody had a way to confirm either of it since .... no changelog.

There are a lot of changes to the game, some very pronounced, some more subtle, and I can find no mention of them anywhere. Maybe that's just my inner developer speaking here, but such things are important. Not because everyone necessarily reads those logs, but everyone can use them as a reference when they discover things they aren't sure that they are supposed to be that way.

Also as a sidenote: please make it so people get at least a confirmation mail when they report bugs on your Zendesk. It's frustrating enough that there is no way to get a reply on anything one reports there (I've reported the Linux graphics issue three times, and never got any information on it ... like... "We're working on that." or ... "We cannot reproduce that." ... or ... "Linux? kek! Get a real OS."). But not even knowing if you actually got the report really is a big no-no.

This post is in no way to attack you people at Hinterland, but only to give plain and simple feedback about something I believe important to be better in the future. I mean it's a bit sad that I feel like this sentence/paragraph/disclaimer is neccesary, but with the recent hostily creep against the devs in this forum I find it important to point this out.

Thank you for reading.

Quickly

changelogs : yes, please, yes

bug report : I did receive a mail the last two times I made a report (they just don't like you :p)

11 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

"Linux? kek! Get a real OS."

define real
(don't, I got the joke)

Guest jeffpeng
8 minutes ago, LkP said:

they just don't like you 😛

Alright I can empathize with that. 😔

Edited by jeffpeng
Quoted smiley to make LkP happy :)

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Gameplay

* Fixed an issue that caused Wolf pathfinding to become confused after a decoy was dropped in certain scenarios.
* Fixed the distance which Wolves can grab decoys.
* Added further checks to prevent Wolves from attacking players through objects.
* Fixed an issue that prevented players from dropping a decoy from the Radial Menu.
* Fixed animation popping during the Wolf Struggle Animation while holding a Revolver.
* Fixed Bears resetting to their dens after loading a save.
* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to craft arrows even if there was time remaining.

That may be a direct answer to the request, isn't it ?

I know a bug that has been introduced lately crashes the game right after you open up the inventory. Xbox one so I cant give much feedback of how it happens, it just has been happening to me lately aince the 4don update. Not often but it does happen, and every time it happens was immediately after I opened my inventory. Never happened before the 4don update