DerpyLemon115

Chasing Ghosts

Intro: Lacking Purpose

About 2 weeks have passed since that monster blizzard has hit Great Bear, and that I found that mysterious bunker. I tried to get back into my normal routine, but something is preventing me. I been pretty on-edge since then, I just don't know what to do anymore. Every time I sit down at home and try to relax I end up forcing myself to go outside. Every time I go outside I end up forcing myself back inside to relax, it's been that cycle for the last couple of weeks.

1.thumb.png.68b28f1f0200727157a315376d2ad560.png

I think it's been the loneliness finally taking it's toll, i'm starting to lose my mind now. As I'm rummaging through my office I spot a photo on a shelf, it gave me an idea. I need to see if I'm the only one left on this island. I might just be chasing ghost at this point, I doubt anyone else is alive here after all this time, especially after that monster blizzard that rolled through here not too long ago. But I still need to try, I need purpose, that the main fuel for any human. I head downstairs to get equipped, this is going to be a long journey, I plan on searching every region one-by-one. 

2.thumb.png.c8189e10635491eb4d7328ae3c46515b.png

• Upvote 3

Part 1: The Chase Begins

After having a bigger breakfast, or atleast the biggest breakfast I could make, I head down to the basement to equip myself for the long mission ahead. I polish my revolver and rifle and load them with the last of the ammo that I had on me. Next I craft a few extra arrows for my best friend at this point, my bow. Last step was I sharpened my hatchet and knife and put them in my sack. Once done I take all my weaponry with me and head outside thought the cellar hatch, facing the chilly winds once more.

3.thumb.png.45fd569dfc405a4eff9858d93c299a6b.png

I make my way towards the old abandoned mine, leading to Coastal Highway, my search will start at desolation point. I approach the town along the way, I take a quick at the town itself. Not sure why, but the town looks completely different from the last time I been here. It has a church, an outdoors market, and some sort of community center, plus a few more houses. It's as if all these other buildings were buried under all the snow, and they finally decided to reveal themselves to the world. I decide to move on quickly, as this kinda freaked me out a bit.

4.thumb.png.e7230ad3104a94972a62e101fad3474e.png

After passing the town I encounter a few wolves feasting on a deer carcass. I hurriedly pull out my revolver and took a shot at them, the bullet went into one of the wolves's neck. As the other two ran off, the third one attempted to stumble away, but the poor thing didn't make it very far. As he fell into the snow he let out a pained howl, I rush over to put an end to his pain. I stab the wounded wolf where his heart was to make it quick. After the wolf let out one last whimper, I gently put him down and gave him a quick pat. After that burial I continued my way up towards the mine. Once there I take a glance back towards Pleasant Valley, saying one last goodbye before I headed inside.

5.thumb.png.7700d5c31d7821de4b8e4fcf89764b32.png

Edited by DerpyLemon115
  • Upvote 3

Part 2: Setbacks

After turning on my lantern and heading inside the mine I was immediately greeted by the thick air and awful smell of coal. I look around, to the corner of my eye I spotted a letter on a shelf next to the port-a-potty. I pick it up and begin to read. It was just some pre-aurora letter from some miner complaining about the manager and more work hours. I crumple the paper up and throw it at a wall in frustration and continue through the mine. I eventually made it to some man-made platform. As I step on it I quickly realizes that it very poorly built, it could break at any moment. I quickly look around the room for a way out, but then I heard a noise that made my heart sank. I look at my feet to notice that the platform was giving away right under me. I didn't have time to react before a loud crack in the planks below sent me falling to the ground below.

6.thumb.png.1adf2a9b42b234ad6bd864000645414e.png

As I landed on the cold surface below, I let out a pained moan. I look up to the now broken platform, my lantern didn't fall with me, it was still up there. As I try to get back to go and retrieve it, I monstrous pain shoots up my right arm. I look over to notice that it has landed on a rock that was sitting down here. I sit up and check to see if there was any serious damage to it. Checking my shoulder revealed that my arm had been dislocated from my torso, great... I need to get that fixed first before anything else. I crouch up and attempted to pop my arm back in place. After about a minute I heard a loud pop, I check my shoulder to see my arm was back in place. I move it around a little, it hurt like hell, but atleast it was in worked order. I then stand up, pick a broken plank of wood and knock my lantern down to me, I wasn't going back up that platform. After getting my lantern back stumble my way out of the mine.

7.thumb.png.1fc62ad13a637ccbc2ea383a4499f17b.png

As I painfully walk my way more and more, I eventually come to an exit. The sunlight was a welcome sight. I was only in here for about 10 minutes, but it felt like 10 hours. I use my left arm to open the door to avoid too much pain. Once outside I turn off my lantern. My first mission out here was to look for some rose hips to heal me up. Walking along the path lead me to a watchtower, I decide to approach it. At the base of the tower I spotted a lovely sight, some rose hit. They were buried under some snow, so I dig them up and start picking. I head up the tower in the hopes that there was a stove in there to start brewing.

8.thumb.png.dcb9a3f8ff1036f592d4e8fbbdea1307.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Part 3: Coastal Walk

The watchtower was in a rough state, it clearly had been abandoned, even before the lights. Still the place did have a stove, and a bed to rest my arm on, so I suppose it was good enough. I lit a fire out of sticks that I found laying around outside, and some furniture left behind inside the tower. I placed my cooking pot that I always keep on me onto the stove and prepared the tea. I drank it down, not the most tasty thing but it was necessary for getting better.

9.thumb.png.f343118c7d95d25215ab8a32e051b45c.png

After my tea break I head back outside to continue my way to the highway leading to Desolation Point, I wanted to start my search there. Walking along the snowy roads was quiet, no wolves were up here only rabbits and deer. Once I approach the town I expected that to change, I take out my revolver, but walking past the town was also safe. Not that I was complaining, I wasn't in any shape to be shooting at wolves, much less struggling with one. I continue my walk along the highway.

10.thumb.png.d0796424fc3ad9202bb19d9a1c07291f.png

Making it boulder nearly blocking off the highway, I crouch under and pass on through. The other side was a place that I called Crumbling Highway, I guess the whole highway was crumbling, but the part of it was especially bad. Worst than that was the fact that it's normally crawling with wolves. With no way to take shelter from them, or any way around them, I take out my revolver and prepare myself mentally to face them.

11.thumb.png.f85662c099547b2211e9c72b2397569a.png

Edited by DerpyLemon115
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Part 4: First Clues

Walking down the road with my revolver drawn, check all sides, keeping my ears and eyes open. No signs of any wolves in the is stretch of the road. As I approach yet another mine leading to Desolation Point, I spotted something to the corner of my eye. It looks black and fluffy, like a wolf, but it wasn't moving. I carefully walk up to it, what I saw caught surprised me. A dead wolf with and arrow stuck in it's back. I pull out the arrow, it was still in good condition. Why would they leave the arrow here? Only thing that made sense to me was that they were in a hurry and didn't have time to retrieve it. I take the arrow and bring with, this was atleast a sign that I might not be alone on this island, that was good enough for me at this point.

12.thumb.png.ef75a93b559f5be06507f206527904f2.png

I made it to the mine entrance. I put my revolver in it's holster and take out my lantern and head in. This mine traversing was far less painful than the last one, good thing to. I head out the other side and was greeted be Desolation Point. I look at the sky and notice that it was getting a little late, time to gather up something to eat. I head down and look for a deer to hunt, that didn't take long. I spot one by the highway, I take my bow and prepare to shoot. My arm was still recovering, so this could be tricky. I take the shot, the arrow landed on the deer's leg. Not the best shot ever, now I need to go chase it.

13.thumb.png.4212c7a311586946c7fced901568cc0a.png

As I walk up to the highway where the deer ran to I heard some snarling, followed by aggressive barking. Seems like i'm now competing with a wolf for this deer. I marched up faster with the intend on winning against it. The deer didn't go very far, I spotted it just next to the highway, along with the wolf next to it already beginning to chow down on it. I take a shot at the wolf, it struck him in the neck, seems like I can still shoot after all. I head over to carve the deer.

14.thumb.png.3c83cadd7e1395a5a6f483647e33f4fe.png

Done with collecting my game, I head up to the church above to get some rest and cook dinner up. Inside he ruined church was hardly any warmer than outside, It wouldn't be wise to spent a night here without a fire. Fortunately there was a barrel that looked suited for light a fire. I chop up some wood scattered around the place and light the fire. Time to rest up for the night.

15.thumb.png.5693ebc7a953d40e53dc7275f592f174.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Part 5: Abandoned

I tried to fall asleep, but something was preventing me. I keep think about that dead wolf I found along the highway, I felt like I needed to keep searching because of that. Or maybe it was the aurora that was flooding the night sky again tonight. I get up from the stone floor I was sleeping on, stretch my arms and legs and head outside with a flashlight in hand. I saw the lighthouse going crazy with lights, it looked beautiful in a way.

16.thumb.png.b56858f6c3d15f2c3e99f3c6e1d28ce0.png

After I was done enjoying the view of the lighthouse I head down to the road, and towards the industrialized buildings of in the distance. It was rather cold that night, something about the aurora made the air and wind feel more chilly. As I made it the large building I spotted a bear on the road,  it's fur glowing from the aurora. I quickly and quietly made my way to the gate. The gateway was blocked by a truck, I open the truck door and scoot inside. On the dashboard was a set of keys along with a worker ID with the name "Chuck". I take the key with me and exit out the passenger side door into the gated area of the factory.

17.thumb.png.67266ffff1cd507101b1f1197caef30d.png

I head up some stairs and to a door to the factory. The door was locked, I pull out the keys and try each key on the door. I eventually got the right key, of course it was the very last one on the ring. Inside the building was hardly warmer than the outside. I head through a door way across from me. The room was filled with bed, enough for dozens of people. Along with that was a bunch of shelves with opened, and emptied cans of goods.

18.thumb.png.7f21ec9e8c097d112f519132b33bb88c.png

• Upvote 1

Part 6: Investigation

I fell asleep in side the factory, or whatever this place was suppose to be at one point. I still wasn't able to sleep that well, this place made me feel uneasy for some reason. Only thing that matters is that people stayed here at one point, the cans gave that away. Some of them looked to have been opened and eaten from recently. I should look through the rest of the building to see if there are any clues to where they were headed.

19.thumb.png.94a91f35ce07f87c81cc80172ca9e599.png

From the window I could see a corpse sitting along the ledge at the side of the large room composed with some large bones. I head over to the office to make my way over to the corpse. I examine the body, it had a bullet hole in the chest, murdered it seems... Maybe I shouldn't look for this group after all. I search the body for any sort of clue of why he was killed, then I got my answer. On his back was the word "Thief" painted in white paint. Hmmm, still seems a little harsh to shoot him just for stealing...

20.thumb.png.826beefe44673602cd8f3d402589dfd6.png

I head back outside, time to head back home. I didn't feel like chasing after this group of people was a safe idea, there was a chance I would get shot if they saw me. I head back up the road, as I walked I kept an eye out for that bear I saw when I first got here. He was nowhere to be seen, I hurriedly made my way to the mine before he showed back up again.

21.thumb.png.6160d32fdf1f169a9fe12b66a5106866.png 

• Upvote 1

Part 7: Coastal Return

I head through the mine and the still oddly quiet Crumbling Highway, and back to the coast. I was really disappointed about what I had found, no real directions to go from here from what I had saw. Even if I did find something back there, I don't feel like following in their footsteps was a good idea at this point. I walk along the coast dwelling on what to do next, just go back to my meaningless survival routine?

22.thumb.png.2c87050a63996b096781375c90a3b4dd.png

When I get back i'm going to plan out some sort of defense against these survivors, they might be a group of psychopaths that would shoot me on sight or worst... This whole plan of mine was a stupid idea anyways, what would have happened if I bumped into them? As I was dancing around in my own troughs I nearly walked right past the coastal town. I decided to take a short break inside the gas station.

23.thumb.png.6a7c523552d3994285c8557686aa9e33.png  

As I walk into the stations store section I look over the shelves of something to eat, or drink... I could really use some Summit Soda right now... Nothing, not a damn thing was left on the shelves. I head into the garage section and I find out a good reason as to why everything was gone. Bedrolls were laying all over the floor. About a dozen of them were messily place around the garage. I might not be alone here...

24.thumb.png.a12172bee81c3427bed8f2f43c45c425.png

• Upvote 1

Part 8: Grave Mistake

As soon as I spotted the bedrolls laying on the floor I quickly rush out of the building and to the outskirt of the town. As I panic outside I try to think of what I should do now. If those bedrolls are still there than that must mean that a group is still living in the town right now, right? I look around my surroundings, no other signs of anybody else to be seen, no footprints, or animal carcasses with arrows in them. I decide to head to an one of the island across the ice the think things over. Perhaps I could watch over the town to see if anyone really lives here.

25.thumb.png.1f1c0beeac0ec6938cd61c118dbc7a07.png

As I walk over I start to calm down a little, however what I saw on the island I was heading to would raise my fear again. A bear was standing between me and the island. If I wanted to watch the town from here I would have to take care of this bear first. I look back at one of the ice fishing huts. I could do what I did with my first bear and take shelter inside a hut after shooting it. I draw my bow and gathered my courage.

26.thumb.png.defd97765044b524e39cc6ae45bde520.png 

I release my arrow and begin to run to the hut, I didn't even take the time to look where the arrow landed. I could tell that it did hit the beast, as it let out a pained, and angered roar, which was followed by heavy grunting chasing after me. However as I was nearing the hut, in typical horror movie fashion I slid and fell, it turns out running on ice was not the safest thing to do. I try to get back up onto my feet, but I was stopped by about 200 kg of bear pinning me down. As we locked eyes it roared right into my face. I quickly pull out my revolver and fired two round in desperation at the bears chest. However it seemed to only anger him further, as it bit down onto my right arm. As the bear start beating every inch of life in me, I close my eyes and await of the end to come...

27.thumb.png.328007cc8b871fb06af846eac6ed1985.png

• Upvote 1

Part 9: Deaths Door

Seems like my fate is not meant to be just yet. I wake up in a pool of blood, some from the bear, most of it being mine. I spot the bear in the distance, now staggering away from me. Seems like he doesn't have the energy to finish me off now, or maybe it thinks i'm already dead. I take advantage of this and get up and weakly stumble my way over to the house on the island. My vision is blurred, and I start to fall over constantly, but I somehow mange to pull myself inside.

28.thumb.png.1b59e0bdeec0b54f8b18297e2171c59f.png

I fall onto the floor next to a table, I need to patch myself up now. I spill all my medical supplies onto the table and get to work. I begin with taking my upper clothing off and throwing it aside. I use a sewing kit to suture my deeper bite wounds on my right arm. My poor right arm seems to be getting most of the punishment lately. I then apply some antiseptic onto the wound and apply a bandage. I do the same with my other wounds.

29.thumb.png.95377ca4c76b1b9bf460407c6f5c0bc3.png

Seems like I done the best I can do, all I can do now is rest up and wait for time to the rest pf the healing. I try to climb the stairs up to the bedroom, but the pain is preventing me from moving around too much, the Adrenalin is starting to run dry. I guess I just have to rest down here then, on the couch. I lay down on the couch and take a deep breath. Time to get better, atleast if I live through this I will have some nice new scars to show off...

30.thumb.png.b2399077ec5e8fd2f5738415c5e4554e.png

• Upvote 2

Part 10: Recovering

I woke up the next day to a coughing fit. I get up take a sip of water to clear my throat. As I fully wake up I relies that i'm quite hungry. I doubt that there's any food left in this house, and i'm in no condition to use my bow or rifle to hunt and deer. Seems like fishing is my only option right now. I stumble my way outside, I seem to atleast be a little bit more mobile now, that's a start. Once outside I relies that it's actually getting a little late, I slept most of the day away already.

31.thumb.png.91a1b34bcdf11f80ec25a5cac1d03bb0.png

I head down the mountain as quickly as I could with my state, and make my to the nearest hut. As I walk over I look over my shoulders for that bear... He's nowhere in sight. I get inside a hut and gently place myself down and break the ice hole. I lower a hook and catch two Coho Salmon, should be good for a few days, hopefully enough time to fully recover. I back up to the hill and start a campfire to cook these fishes.

32.thumb.png.73d34ac99a58df3e10d47f17644d01af.png

When I finish I eat the first fish and head back to rest up some more. I take another painkiller and try to head upstairs again, I made it up this time. I lay in bed and think things over. Once I recover i'm going to investigate that garage again, i'm almost certain nobody is living there at this point, otherwise I would have seen them by now. I'm honestly not even sure why i'm so interested in this group, maybe I will know if I find them.

33.thumb.png.fe9e2b70a51c28e3bba49a67e05be1ae.png

• Upvote 1

Part 11: Back in Action

After another 2 weeks of rest and living off of fish, I think I finally fully recover. Or atleast recover enough to travel. I get out of bed and take out the stitches that have been keeping my body together during my recovery. With all strings of thread now pulled out all that remains are some scars, and me with some flame still left inside me. I head outside to check on the town once more.

34.thumb.png.9aa0c2572f35c315bec04a57291824bf.png

During my stay here, I never saw anybody near the town, so the group must have left by now. Why they left their bedrolls there I have no idea. I head back to the town to investigate the garage once more. As I enter the garage I look at all the bedrolls, I notice that some of them are kids size. Do they have children with them? If they do than maybe they're aren't so bad? I look inside he backroom to find anything else about these people. On a desk I find a note.

35.thumb.png.45948b5e7420ee9fa59ac3b0fd862476.png

The note was a manifest, it detailed the things they collected, day by day. The last entry said "Nothing left for us, time to go to Milton." So they went to Milton. I guess that should be my next stop, I came this far looking for these guys.. No going home after all I guess. I remember about my secret bunker, they should be the ones to have it. I head outside to make my way to Milton.

36.thumb.png.7286a8ecffd444645d9e5ccb62200746.png

• Upvote 1

Part 12: Along a Railroad

I head through the highway in the direction I never took before. I'm pretty sure this path leads to Mystery Lake, if I see the railroad than I will know for sure. Admittedly the only reason why I'm taking this route is because want to avoid that dam as much as possible, hopefully no near falling experiences will occur on this path. Eventually I find a pathway leading up the hill, and away fro the highway. I head up and follow it.

37.thumb.png.ec08e66818bac88433509eb27f2b8b67.png

As I walk up I begin to feel sore, I'm still feeling that bear mauling. I can't rest now so I ignored it the best I can and keep moving. As I near the top I could see the railroad tracks, leading to a tunnel. I start to walk along the railroad, past a waterfall and head inside and through the tunnel the tunnel. After following the track some more I saw something that made my heart drop, a railroad bridge stretching across a ravine.

39.thumb.png.c64ebb680acc0f41b3b6ec47aef44094.png

I was hoping to avoid this, if it wasn't obvious I'm not the biggest fan of heights. Well I don't feel like going back now, I hop onto the bridge and head across. Along the bridge was a section that was a little broken, I step onto the slippery rail and balance myself across. After safely walking across the broken section and getting of the bridge on the other side I side down and let my nerves settle. Goddammit, I hate heights...

40.thumb.png.b6683494228b8e15f57db1824cc1e3ec.png

• Upvote 3

Part 13: Return to Mystery Lake

After I recover from my minor panic attack I stand up and continue to follow the railroad. Even if I can't handle heights, even I can see that this place is beautiful, and peaceful. It was getting late however so I needed to hurry, I don't want to be out here when it get dark. I hurry along, but eventually I was stopped by some rocks blocking the rails. I need to find a way around.

41.thumb.png.9657b769f556a7b34e4776b01c015887.png

I look down to a narrow path. A fallen tree bridged a gap, I could get across it. Great more heights... I climbed up onto the tree and headed across as quickly as I could. Once I hop off on the other side I was greeted with a frozen corpse and his backpack. I ignore them and instead look down into the ravine. A crashed train cart was down there, no way to get down without a climbing rope however, so I just move on.

screen_2f1869f4-cff5-47cb-a0a5-96fc12b86436_hi.thumb.png.b8967b9c687e0f5c2b155610adfe46c6.png

Not that I really want to go down there anyway, I'm suppose to be heading to Milton right now. I walk away from the ledge and the frozen corpse and head back on track. I spotted the railroad once again and continued my walk along it. Not much longer after that until I made it to Mystery Lake, with the dams main entrance to my right. I'm almost there just have to stay focused.

43.thumb.png.670239b1bd062ed12e577cf435b12cfa.png

• Upvote 1

Part 14: Late at Night

I would spend the rest of the day traveling to the homestead on the other side of the region. It was getting to late to travel any further than that, I will have to continue my journey tomorrow morning. As I made to the homestead it was nearing night time, and some snow was dropping quite heavily to boot. I head inside the home and start a fire to warm myself up.

screen_f69fcfbf-f050-43e1-b439-e80577baadb7_hi.thumb.png.f6d8e10bbddcc1d6e983ec023c005cc8.png

As I started the fire I realized that I had nothing to eat tonight, and nothing edible was inside the house. Soooooo I guess I have to do some late night, fantastic. I head back outside and look around, no deer was nearby, so I head over to the nearby pong. As I walk through the thick snowfall I hardly spot a deer standing in-front of me.  I take out my rifle this time, I don't like the idea of risking losing an arrow in this dense snowfall. I take aim and shoot, the pained moan from the deer confirmed that I hit him, pretty impressive shot honestly. 

screen_2a263bb4-51a4-4fb8-9ece-346f8f1327a4_hi.thumb.png.4545d9a47c229c1202e502574968971a.png

I carve up the meat and take it back to the homestead to enjoy. Once I made it back I place the meat on the still burning stove that I lit earlier and boil up some herbal tea to go with it, I never tried this tea so now's my chance. When finished I take a sip of the tea, it tasted minty, kinda good actually. When I finish my dinner I turn on my lantern and read a for few minutes. That didn't last long as I began to feel dreadfully sleepy, guess the tea did that... I put away my book and lay my head on the pillow. The last thing I see is the fading fire on the stove before I doze off.

screen_15358326-5be0-4c1a-81c4-6a86f7ec4f71_hi.thumb.png.352badc315361295c445b2e4fa2a1b4e.png

• Upvote 1

Part 15: Paradise Found

By the time morning dawns, I head through the cave next to the homestead on continue my journey to Milton. I was nearly there, even though I was getting sick of caves it was still better than heading through the Muskeg. As I made it to the other side I was greeted by a waterfall. As the water droplets dripped onto my cloak I knew I would soon finish my task, I had to keep going.

47.thumb.png.9a820f80db17d2d917447949a15bbad2.png

I continue down the frozen river and down a wide path leading down to a climbing rope, that was my only way to Milton now. even through I was still sore from my recent bear mauling I still had confidence that I could climb. I grab onto the rope and successfully descend down to the area below. Only one more climbing rope to head up and i'm there. I grab the rope and begin my climb.

48.thumb.png.5dda4934840066a32fee8d137c76f911.png

As I make it to the top I take a quick breather, and head on the road leading into the town. As I saw the town I saw them, other survivors. They're weren't just surviving either, they were trying to live, rebuilding the town, kids playing in the street, trying the best to live normal. I wanted to head into town but... something was preventing me. I just had the feeling I wasn't really welcome. Instead I just hang the map leading to the bunker on a post with an arrow, and light a flare to let them know about. As the flare lit I drop it and walk away, as I walk I could hear one of the kids calling out to their guardian. I couldn't make out what he said exactly, but I just imagine it was letting them know about the boogeymen that just lit a flare outside of town. My job was done now, time to go home and hope for the best for them.

49.thumb.png.3f31165f177543495e7dcbac72c4b362.png

• Upvote 1

Series Final Part: Hope For A Future

I was inside the dam now, I still hate this place, and i'm still not sure why exactly. I quietly head into the lower part and make my way out the back entrance. As I was on the other side I could tell it was getting late again, time sure does fly fast it seems, or maybe i'm just taking it slow without even realizing it. I head now into the frozen river below.

50.thumb.png.106d7992ca579c215f6191366295e45c.png

As I continue I keep thinking about those people that I saw in Milton, and if I made the right choice leading to my bunker. Did they really need all those supplies that were stored away in there? Did they even need them? They seemed to be doing more than good enough to take care of themselves. Will they even bother going to the bunker? What if they think it's a trap? Or don't go because of the distance? It's Pretty far away from Milton after-all... I head into the cave leading home, almost there now.

51.thumb.png.60eda6a881c6ab7504f2de3542551732.png

As I make it to the other side I continue my way over to my homestead just as the sun starts to fall over the mountains. I reach the front door and go inside, light the fireplace. I'm finally able to relax a little now. Maybe on day I will head back and see how there are doing, maybe even finally meet them personally. I take my last can of Summit Soda and begin to drink and smile at this bittersweet end. One day the world will return to normal, but until I just have to endure and survive.

1790190567_52(2).thumb.png.0807d163cee1480f80ca6509bbca8eca.png

• Upvote 1

Bonus Part: Unused Screenshots, Scraped Story Bits, Easter Eggs, Final Thanks

Unused Screenshots

So there are plenty of screen shots that I took and decided to retake or not use for whatever reason. Lets go over them shall we?

The first one is inside he mine-shaft during Part 2. Decided to retake it facing up towards the broken platform.

U1.thumb.png.8c1a8f0efe8b0ea9a68f6f7476d56399.png

Next one is inside broken Highway during Part 3. Only difference is that this time i'm not holding a revolver, and standing a slightly different 

U2.thumb.png.40b8a26d93dff434f8477f0a13b543e1.png

Next is me standing on the fallen tree in The Ravine in Part 13. Was replaced with the second screenshot.

U8.thumb.png.746b88505818f7c61c79e7e1b20e5e54.png

Last one is of the farmstead in Pleasant Valley during the Final Part. Was replace by the last screenshot

U9.thumb.png.c559a7946d334a877f986a6e59c15011.png

Scrapped Story Bits

Bear Mauling

So in Part 8 I got mauled by a bear. However I didn't actually intend to get mauled at all. What was suppose happen was I would have just killed the bear and slept inside the house on the island. However I for some reason just couldn't kill the dang bear after shooting him with five arrow. Eventually that led me to being careless and I got mauled, thus leading me to change the next few parts to reflect that.

Payback on the bear

After I recovered from my mauling I would have gone after the bear in hopes to get revenge on him. However that also didn't work because for the life of me I just couldn't find him or his corpse anywhere at all. So I just decide to leave and ignore him, atleast for the time being. Another plan that I had would be to have him return in Mystery Lake by acting as if one of the bears there was him, being identified by the arrow I shot him with. However I decided to not do that either since it would not make any since for the bear to show up in Mystery Lake from Coastal Highway.

Panic Attack

Originally in part 12 after I crossed the railroad bridge, I would have had a panic attack from dealing with heights. Decided not to do that since it would have just been a shorter version of the bear mauling recovery, and because I don't think i'm anywhere near a good enough writer to properly describe a panic attack scene. However I end up sort of referencing this at the start of part 13 by starting out with saying "After recovering form my minor panic attack"

Ending Death Scene

In part 15 my character was originally going to die at the end, I had two plans on how this would have happened. First was I was going to get incurable food poisoning or infection and die from the sickness just as I make it to Milton. Second was I would have been attacked by a pack of wolves while protecting Milton, then the survivors would ave taken me inside a house to try to patch me up, but fail. Didn't do either since I think it might have been too cliche to have my character die at the end.

Easter Eggs

Town Changed

During Part 1 when I enter the town in Pleasant Valley I make mention that it looked different. This is a reference (If you want to call it that) to the fact that the town has been redesigned in the latest update.

Come Full Circle

At the end of Part 1 the final screenshot used is identical to the first screen shot in Among Wolves (A predecessor to Chasing Ghosts in-case you didn't know)

Good ol' Chuck

In Part 5 when I enter the truck sort-of blocking the entrance, I find a ID with the name Chuck. This is an inside joke that I named the very same truck "Chuck The Truck"

Summit Soda, now with twice the memes

Another inside joke that I have in that I'm obsessed over the in-game beverage Summit Soda. This is referenced in Part 7  and the Final Part.

Don't Look Down

Through Parts 12 & 13 it is noted that my character is scared of heights. This is a reference to... Well me, i'm scared of heights.

This is what you call paradise?

The title to Part 15 "Paradise found" is a reference to the in-game achievement "Paradise lost", you get this achievement when you reach Milton in Episode One of Wintermute

Final Thanks

So here we are at the very, very end of my series that I have been working over the duration of 2019, and a bit coincidentally I managed to finish roughly around my first anniversary of being on these forums. I want to say thanks you guys that managed to sit through this admittedly very below average story that I have been working on.  Hope that you enjoyed reading these as much as I enjoyed making them, even if you only enjoyed them ironically and think they're terrible. The biggest thanks goes to the few of you that even left kind words throughout this journey, or even just up-voting them.

So what's next? 

Well I do have one thing planned for the future. As you may know there is an update coming next month (supposedly). Well when it drop I'm thinking about playing the game through interloper and leaving a log for it here on a separate thread. But for now I will be taking a break form TLD. Bye everyone! 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1