Idea for a new Challenge or 4DoN...

ThePancakeLady

First, I know this will not be an easy thing, it will take time, and a good bit of effort from the devs. And it is just an idea.

Escape Room Challenge

You spawn in in a somewhat random location. Each Day or Night will find you waking up in a new location, after you escape the last one. No memory of how you got there. 

No time limit, but there will be a fail state, if you don;t manage your needs well, and you fade into The Long Dark, trapped, never to be seen again.

I was thinking the PV Farmhouse, Cinder Hills Coal Mine, Carter Hydro, Hibernia, Scruffy's Cave, The Ice Cave(s), Grey Mother's House (Milton House), or some other large, more complex location.
Doorways and openings are closed off. Gates, grates, doors, fallen timbers or pipes, ect. You need to find a key or keys, or specific tools to clear the opening(s) to try to escape. 
You have only basic supplies, you will need to loot for food, water, clothing, and perhaps a bedroll, to maintain your needs meters.
Outside, the Aurora will come and go. Be careful where you step, or decide to rest.

This will be permadeath.

There will be "jumpscares", but not the type where someone or something jumps out at you. (Except maybe in Scruffy's Cave, or the Ice Cave, or the Old Bear's cave....)
What I would like will require additional physics. Not sure how possible this is without affect perf for some players, so... not sure it can happen.
But if it can... 
Timbers may suddenly fall ahead of you, or behind you. Pipes may fall. Floors may collapse under you, sending you to a lower level. You may find corpses in strange places, blocking your way... gotta find another way around. Wires may come alive if the Aurora fires up. Both at your feet, and above you. Keep your head on a swivel, and pay attention to your surroundings. Boxes or crates may fall, lockers may tip over and fall. computer screens may come to life during an Aurora, displaying a black screen, with a grinning skull on it, before it shorts out and goes dead, or burns up. Phones may ring, startling you. Clocks may have wildly spinning hands. Icicles or stalactites may fall. Trees may crash down through openings in cave ceilings, or through a window or wall. Sinkholes may open up in front of you. Ceilings may collapse. You hear knocking on doors or walls, gates and grates rattling, metal grinding on metal.

Yes, this is not an easy thing. it would need to be a paid DLC, not free. Or perhaps a new game in the TLD world, something different, down the line. 

NO Multiplayer or co-op. Singleplayer. You are on your own, trying to get out to safety, and survive the wrath of an angry Goddess (or God or villain, or monster... whichever you see fit to visualize in your own mind.)

Yes, it is Halloween right now, so my mind goes to some of the best scarehouse experiences I have had in my half century of life. 

And this is just an idea.  💀

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2