Decoy - disappearing

matchstick

Dunno if this is a technical issue or not. Since the patch, dropped decoys just go poof -- disappear. I did a few tries with rabbit carcasses and more with fresh guts. Both dropped between 30-50 feet from the wolf, and poof. Gone. I'm on Xbox, so it may be platform singular.

Anyone else experience this?

Guest kristaok

Sadly the way decoys work has been changed. Hinterland said it was changed to prevent people from dropping the bait only to headshot the wolves. 

Guest kristaok

@Wolven @matchstick Like me and hozz said... the decoy mechanics was changed in the recent update.

Below is an actual quote from Raph... 

Re: the Bait issue -- say goodbye to that long-standing exploit. You can no longer just drop bait and get an easy shot on Wolves. You'll have to work for those kills.

Source: 

The mechanics were changed in the recent update, this was done to prevent players from baiting the wolves with the meat just to headshot them while they are bent down eating the meat.

Now when the bait is dropped the wolves no longer actually eat the bait, instead the bait disappears and the wolves flee. 

Of course there may be some tweaks to this coming, but over-all this is how it is for now... we will no longer be able to bait the wolves and shoot them. 

Sad but true. In my opinion, version 1.58 made tld the best and most immersiv game I ve ever played. And the mentioned "exploit" really made sense to me because it felt realistic. I also have my problems with the new crafting menu, louder sounds and hdr graphics. To make it short: with everything that has changed. And to be honest, I worry about the new timberwolfs when they come to survival mode. Problem is, I play on xbox and cant use the time capsule, so I guess I will have  to get used to the new version. I really would wish, Hinterland would release a time capsule on disc for xbox / playstation.

Otherwise I trust in the devs to create something new that is also great, for many players maybe even better, and I really appreciate that they always keep on working on their game. So I decided for my self to wait and see. Give it a chance.