Bear FAT should be a thing!

Cosmoline

A large black bear boar carries a lot of fat, and it's a pretty prized commodity. It would be nice to see this utilized in-game. You'd have to render it over a fire, then you could use it for medical salves, food, candles, torches, waterproofing clothes, and other things that might have in-game applications. I know you folks don't want this turning into survivalist minecraft, but in some ways the bear's fat and hide are the most important things to obtain. The meat tends to be iffy depending on what he's been eating.

+1 since we are talking to an extremely tough and yet rare animal.

Agree to this. Right now, killing bears is hardly worth the effort/risk unless you really desperately need the bedroll.

(Multiple bullets for ~5kg meat+2 guts).

I would love to see the kills to be more rewarding (way more meat and/or another useful item like the suggested bear fat).

Agree to this, bears are really worth killing now. (Especially if you only use one bullet and run away/hide in a house until they bleed out).

35kg of meat +10guts for one bullet is the best you can get right now. :)

IF bears respawn (even after 50days+) and you manage your bear population carefully, they might even be the key to long-term survival in pleasant valley.

Attached a screenshot of my latest bear kill.

56ce1045b527f_harvestbear.thumb.jpg.a425

+1 since we are talking to an extremely tough and yet rare animal.

Did anybody found one on the other two maps?

+1 to bear fat

I think I may have seen a bear along the waterline around the Misanthropes island in CH, but I'm not certain because both wolves and bears are black. Grey wolves would be easier to distinguish. Either way, I'd like to know the answer to Vagos' question too.

Archived