Game has become easy

Yavind

Hi! 

Let me just say that i have got alot from this game, maybe about 60 hours or so, so i am not complaining. I still love this game. But i find everything so easy now that i have "breaked the survival code" in this game. I find it easy to survive in the hardest game mode and even the costume challenge. I wish there was a extreme survival challenge where there are almost nothing to find, a extreme hardcore evil impossible challenge or something. I Will still play this game anyway🙂

Seems weird... Custom mode, put all resources on lowest, most agressive/dangerous wolves & bears, no rabbit, no deer (or maybe few to have a first access to guts), no fishes, worst weather conditions, NO HEALING at all... Then tell us again the game is "too easy".

60 hours in and already everything is too easy for you? Wow that's some mad skills bro! Please start a series on Youtube or something and show us how to speedrun 500 days survival on Interloper. Would love to catch that one! LOL! Maybe you can even break the current Deadman Challenge record??

Edited by Lohaan
  • Upvote 2

Guest jeffpeng
11 hours ago, Yavind said:

even the costume challenge

Sorry, one does not laugh about typos but ..... 🤣 I would really love to see how that works :D

Aside from that I can only chime in with a hint of disbelief. I'm a mechanically gifted person, I am a good strategist and an excellent theorycrafter, and I have three decades of gaming under my belt. Yet I still find The Long Dark a challenging game, especially when doing custom modes / challenges - which really is the way to go if you really are that good.

I recently did a Deadman minus Low Sleep recovery Forlorn Muskeg only challenge. In the end I got 29 (aarrrgh :D) days out of it. Beat that for starters 😉
 Or try to beat 61 days living on Timberwolf Mountain only - on Interloper. For the latter actually exists a rather exhaustive (and I want to believe entertaining) story thread.

If all that sounds too easy for you, I guess you gotta have a go at @Drifter Man's Deadman record .... which is past a hundred days.

All the best luck and even if it's that simple .... it's still fun, you know.

By the way, if I'm reading the posts correctly, there are two Deadman codes. The older one actually doesn't have all worst settings. I believe this is a new one to input.

8MHI-/z8M-Dw++-wSWm-bAAA

1 hour ago, jeffpeng said:

I recently did a Deadman minus Low Sleep recovery Forlorn Muskeg only challenge.

Wow! I'm impressed! I'm struggling so much with Deadman plus all maps and all allowed just to barely get by. Can't picture it on a single map.

But, rather than a singular map how about Deadman PLUS Cinderella challenge! Now that would be EVIL! :D

Also, I'm aboard with everyone. I'd love to watch moar Deadman series with someone giving this mode a run of its snowdrifts. :coffee:

Edited by tulkawen

Guest jeffpeng
1 hour ago, tulkawen said:

But, rather than a singular map how about Deadman PLUS Cinderella challenge! Now that would be EVIL!

Real Deadman plus cinderella.... no freezing way. 🤣By day 30 temperatures are so vicious ..... If you would start every map fresh on day 1 .... then MAYBE @Yavindcould do it.

@ManicManiac Thanks for pimping my post! I really love everyone's custom challenges. It's extended the replayability of the game almost infinitely.

I have about 1400 hours in this game, more than any other game I've ever played with the possible exception of Dragon Warrior (I'm old), and I still really enjoy TLD. I wouldn't be playing it if it wasn't a challenge. Everyone plays for different reasons, some to chill, some to suffer, some to find the ultimate challenge. I'm in the latter group. I played Loper until I found it pretty comfortable (although with the new wolf behavior it's more challenging again), then moved on to Custom. Played a little Loper+, then moved up to Deadman Challenge.

DMC is the ultimate challenge. I know two vets who are pretty good at it, and have both surpassed 100 day runs. I have never made it past 50. I like having a part of the game that I can't conquer, it keeps me playing. I dare anyone to say that DMC is boring. The FM challenge is legit as well.

7 hours ago, peteloud said:

Yavind,

Are you telling us the truth?

Yes

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

lol, you'll notice @Yavind hasn't responded...

Hello:)

In fact, I will stream on twitch and show you guys how I play 🙂 I think it might be fun to do so. 

Have you even played interloper? Want almost nothing to find, play interloper. Im guessing from the sound of it the 500 day interloper run milestone is too easy for you. So let me introduce you to custom survival, you can make it literally impossible to survive long term if you want.

Edit: want an "extreme hardcore evil impossible challenge"? Try this custom game

8MHM-/z8M-Dz+j-wXaW-HQEA

All I can say is good luck, surving with that custom game will be impossible. It will be extremely difficult to survive just 24 hours. To make it a true challenge, also pick random map. Use whatever feats you like, it won't matter

Edited by Saws n Sins

6 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Real Deadman plus cinderella.... no freezing way. 🤣By day 30 temperatures are so vicious ..... If you would start every map fresh on day 1 .... then MAYBE @Yavindcould do it.

OP did ask for mission impossible. 😅

If I understood correctly, he had claimed having worked with custom settings as well, so, if he had done 500 days on deadman, I imagine the charms of Cinderella would be quite beckoning.

If that is too easy too, then for additional frontier I could advise zero feats and no using stims or birch bark. Now that is the ultimate end game. :fire:

Guest jeffpeng
12 minutes ago, tulkawen said:

Now that is the ultimate end game. :fire:

The ultimate endgame is turning down brightness all the way to 0% and only navigate by making clicking noises.

14 minutes ago, jhickie said:

@Saws n Sins I don't recognize that code, but I'm intrigued. Always looking for a fun new challenge. Sleepwalker variant?

Can't survive 24 hours? Challenge accepted! :coffee:

Lol never said you can't survive 24 hours, meant it will be the hardest 24 hours ever. I just made up that custom right now. Guy said he want evil impossible challenge, so I made it. Lol

19 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

The ultimate endgame is turning down brightness all the way to 0% and only navigate by making clicking noises.

The ultimate winter bat mode? :P

The only downside of it would be the lack of an interesting narrative to put up on youtube hence it's only one looong black screen.

Edited by tulkawen