4DON 2019 - where's the revolver?

Gazbeard

In these forums and on other social media I have seen lots of comments saying basically the same thing ... "I have 140-ish revolver rounds but can't find the revolver".

I've not yet seen one post, video, or stream that says ... "Yaay I have the revolver", nor one that shows the revolver in game.

So the open question is ... Where do we get the revolver, or can we not, or is the revolver bugged in the loot list and not appearing?

Edited by Gazbeard
typo

Pretty sure there is no revolver.  I did a day-long grind on day one, and fully explored the available regions, looting every structure, car, and hit up all the hot spots. Even found a bunker in mystery lake, although the one in PV eluded discovery.  I found 2 pumpkin caches in MT, ML, and CH, and a whopping 5 in PV....zero revolver.

I think 4DON is likely either scripted to use the rifle and only the rifle, as a bit of extra challenge (in that if you miss your first shot, you won't get a second), or because it was recycled from last year maybe it wasn't updated to include the revolver.  They suppress rifle spawns and manually insert them in specific locations, whereas rifle/revolver ammo share a spot on the loot table...so it's entirely possible it was an oversight.

• Upvote 3

I found all 6 pumpkin caches(CH - Waterfront cottages had a rifle), 15 gun cleaning kits, three flare pistols, two hacksaws, two hatchets, 5 knives, half a dozen prybars, 50 candy bars. Found a second rifle somewhere along the way with a ton of rifle and pistol ammo. No Revolver.

3 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Pretty sure there is no revolver.
[some text removed for brevity]
I think 4DON is likely either scripted to use the rifle and only the rifle...or because it was recycled from last year maybe it wasn't updated to include the revolver...rifle/revolver ammo share a spot on the loot table...so it's entirely possible it was an oversight.

I suspect that @ajb1978 is probably correct. 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1