Flickering Lights Accessibility Option

Ape88

Hello,

So tonight I realized something while attempting to scour Coastal Highway for supplies.

Flickering lights, especially the red road flares can make the game impossible for me to play.

I have a disorder in which rapid changes in lighting can cause sometimes very severe spasms of my facial muscles. At one point a few years ago, it centered around the muscles around my eyes and I could not safely walk down the street at night or on a sunny day, let alone scroll through a phone or use a computer because I was so hyper sensitive that the refresh rate of my screen or scrolling through a web page triggered it. Even looking at people's faces, was difficult.

Now, the spasms are mostly not as severe, but stress can be a trigger that makes me even more sensitive to lighting changes and after some real life issues this weekend, while I was trying to get around coastal highway, my spasms got to the point where I had to give up.

This can be an issue during regular gameplay, so most of the time, I avoid doing anything other than sleeping during the nighttime. However in Story Mode and special events like 4DON it can be unavoidable.

My disorder is fairly rare, and I understand it can be more common in the older population, but I imagine there must be others who struggle with that.

I would like to suggest an accessibility option to lessen how often the flare flickers as that is the main issue, although sometimes the other light sources and the aurora lights are also hard. It IS mainly the handheld lights that make playing  difficult, especially the flare. 

I really hope something can be done about this. Thank you so much for creating such and awesome and (for me) relaxing game. Sorry if my explanation was too long or contained too much info.

• Upvote 3